Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 101
  1. #61

    • Loves Disney
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    465

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    How about having the line merge a bit back before the station or visible to the loading area. A great example is Tower of Terror when you merger before the library

  2. #62

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,767

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    As long as the parks still have them, I'll use them to my advantage.

  3. #63

    • Disneyland 20 year APH
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brea, Ca
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    I have been noticing as of late that standby has now taken 3 to 4 times longer that it used to this is be not looking at wait times but from point to point standing in line. Its just gets so frustrating when you been waiting in line and 80 people get to go on in front of you. Also because of the Fastpass single rider for almost everything in the park has doubled. When has been ever an 45-60 minutes standby from RSR?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

  4. #64

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,507

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    So, you make a reservation for dinner at 6pm. You arrive with 3 other groups with the same reservation time. However, the line for people who showed up without a reservation is out the door. So, what they are doing is seating one of the groups with a reservation, then one of the diners without a reservation, causing you to wait another 20-30 mins.

    To keep the lines flowing properly, they should be taking the FP line at a 3:1 or 4:1 at a minimum. Now, if it becomes a major issue, then they need to drop the number of FP being distributed.
    This is not the same at all. Fast Pass is less of a reservation as much as it is an entry time to a shorter line. The hour time slot doesn't mean you will be seated sometime in this hour because you may show up at 1:59 to your 1-2 PM window. The time slot tells you when a shorter line becomes available to you.

  5. #65

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,494

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    They could implement a FP perk for AP's based on which pass they have.
    Or pull FP away from someone who has been too often.
    Number of FPs allowed a guest should be proportionately based on how much they paid to enter the park that day.

    Eliminating it altogether would eliminate all the proplems that the FastPass system causes.

    Another idea: have FP return times start at noon or 2PM. So all morning long, it's just standby queues.

  6. #66

    • Disneyland Dreamer
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Historic Downtown Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    I think FP should be an upcharge. I'd pay it if it were reasonable.

  7. #67

    • All-American
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,952

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Or pull FP away from someone who has been too often.
    Number of FPs allowed a guest should be proportionately based on how much they paid to enter the park that day.

    Eliminating it altogether would eliminate all the proplems that the FastPass system causes.

    Another idea: have FP return times start at noon or 2PM. So all morning long, it's just standby queues.
    This. This this this this.

    At the WDW ride I used to work, people would rush in right at park opening, get a FastPass and just leave. Why!?!? People, we just opened, there's literally no line. The line for the FastPass at opening would literally be longer than the line for the ride itself. It was frustrating because we didn't have an area to hold guests in line for FastPasses, and we had a big ol' empty standby queue no one was waiting in.

    Clearly, people had heard they should get to the park early to grab a FastPass, but all they were doing was unnecessarily taking a huge portion of the FastPasses from future guests. Usually 3-4 hours of FastPasses would disappear in the first hour of park opening. Holding out FastPasses for the first hour of park opening so people would just get in line instead, and then distributing a less number of FastPasses for the rest of they day so the merge ratio can be reduced, might be a good alternative to discontinuing FastPass entirely.


  8. #68

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,698

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    This is not the same at all. Fast Pass is less of a reservation as much as it is an entry time to a shorter line. The hour time slot doesn't mean you will be seated sometime in this hour because you may show up at 1:59 to your 1-2 PM window. The time slot tells you when a shorter line becomes available to you.
    Not really. It is a virtual place holder. It holds your place on line while you do other things. In that way, it is kind of like a reservation in that a reservation holds a table for you until it is time for you to sit down. They differ in the fact that a table reservation allows you to select your own time for your table where a fastpass assigns you a time.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

  9. #69

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    3,252

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Hmmm this smells like a FP debate thread now. The ratio has definetly seemed different the couple of times I have been this year as i stated earlier in the thread. i am wondering if maybe they upped the FP distribution to see how MM+ will effect the lines maybe. Say they upped the FPs 25% because they think that is what MM+ will add when it's implemented. That would make sense as to why it seems like it's worse lately. I am sure they will tweak the system a lot now to get ready for their new product.

  10. #70

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,924

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    was Haunted Mansion Holiday different with and without fastpass.? last year
    I didn't notice a difference.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.












  11. #71

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,494

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Hmmm this smells like a FP debate thread now.
    All FP problems are caused by its mere existence. If there is a complaint about FP, the debate will always lead to whether it should exist or not.

  12. #72

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,494

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    This. This this this this.

    At the WDW ride I used to work, people would rush in right at park opening, get a FastPass and just leave. Why!?!? People, we just opened, there's literally no line. The line for the FastPass at opening would literally be longer than the line for the ride itself. It was frustrating because we didn't have an area to hold guests in line for FastPasses, and we had a big ol' empty standby queue no one was waiting in.

    Clearly, people had heard they should get to the park early to grab a FastPass, but all they were doing was unnecessarily taking a huge portion of the FastPasses from future guests. Usually 3-4 hours of FastPasses would disappear in the first hour of park opening. Holding out FastPasses for the first hour of park opening so people would just get in line instead, and then distributing a less number of FastPasses for the rest of they day so the merge ratio can be reduced, might be a good alternative to discontinuing FastPass entirely.
    Well, even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut. (For clarification, I'm the blind squirrel, and my idea is the nut.)

    Thing is, the way I've done FP is to get, say a Space Mountain FP, then get on Space Mountain. Then, come back later and use the FP and ride it again.

    What most people do, based on advice they get from here and other internet pay-for-advice sites: get the FP, go on three attractions that don't have FP, go on the FP attraction, get another FP for some other attraction, ride three more non-FP attractions, etc.
    And that is all by noon.

    Heck, I'll go a little further with my idea: don't even open the FP ticket dispensers until noon.

  13. #73

    • aka 'KiMcHeE'
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    662

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Hmmm this smells like a FP debate thread now.
    Yeah, it's slowly getting there and I'm slowly backing out lol.

  14. #74

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,698

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    was Haunted Mansion Holiday different with and without fastpass.? last year


    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I didn't notice a difference.
    I did. The standby time was much shorter without the fastpass. If one needs another example, look at Midway Mania here and in Florida. The line is much shorter here because there is no fastpass.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

  15. #75

    • Evil is Sexy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California, United States
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    I haven't seen a Fastpass for TSMM here in DCA since late March. Maybe it is just not active on the days I've been.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

    Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fast Pass Revamp Idea
    By Wendy_Bird in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 07:38 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 07:21 PM
  3. AP's and Fast Pass?
    By DLRDCA_Jerry in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 02:28 PM
  4. A question I havent seen yet (Fast Pass)
    By monorail_rider in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 03:28 PM
  5. Universal Fast pass
    By x_Stanimal_x in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 06:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •