Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Loves Disney

Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

How about having the line merge a bit back before the station or visible to the loading area. A great example is Tower of Terror when you merger before the library

• The Pumpkin King

As long as the parks still have them, I'll use them to my advantage.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I have been noticing as of late that standby has now taken 3 to 4 times longer that it used to this is be not looking at wait times but from point to point standing in line. Its just gets so frustrating when you been waiting in line and 80 people get to go on in front of you. Also because of the Fastpass single rider for almost everything in the park has doubled. When has been ever an 45-60 minutes standby from RSR?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    So, you make a reservation for dinner at 6pm. You arrive with 3 other groups with the same reservation time. However, the line for people who showed up without a reservation is out the door. So, what they are doing is seating one of the groups with a reservation, then one of the diners without a reservation, causing you to wait another 20-30 mins.

To keep the lines flowing properly, they should be taking the FP line at a 3:1 or 4:1 at a minimum. Now, if it becomes a major issue, then they need to drop the number of FP being distributed.
    This is not the same at all. Fast Pass is less of a reservation as much as it is an entry time to a shorter line. The hour time slot doesn't mean you will be seated sometime in this hour because you may show up at 1:59 to your 1-2 PM window. The time slot tells you when a shorter line becomes available to you.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    They could implement a FP perk for AP's based on which pass they have.
    Or pull FP away from someone who has been too often.
    Number of FPs allowed a guest should be proportionately based on how much they paid to enter the park that day.

Eliminating it altogether would eliminate all the proplems that the FastPass system causes.

Another idea: have FP return times start at noon or 2PM. So all morning long, it's just standby queues.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyland Dreamer

I think FP should be an upcharge. I'd pay it if it were reasonable.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Or pull FP away from someone who has been too often.
    Number of FPs allowed a guest should be proportionately based on how much they paid to enter the park that day.

Eliminating it altogether would eliminate all the proplems that the FastPass system causes.

Another idea: have FP return times start at noon or 2PM. So all morning long, it's just standby queues.
    This. This this this this.

At the WDW ride I used to work, people would rush in right at park opening, get a FastPass and just leave. Why!?!? People, we just opened, there's literally no line. The line for the FastPass at opening would literally be longer than the line for the ride itself. It was frustrating because we didn't have an area to hold guests in line for FastPasses, and we had a big ol' empty standby queue no one was waiting in.

Clearly, people had heard they should get to the park early to grab a FastPass, but all they were doing was unnecessarily taking a huge portion of the FastPasses from future guests. Usually 3-4 hours of FastPasses would disappear in the first hour of park opening. Holding out FastPasses for the first hour of park opening so people would just get in line instead, and then distributing a less number of FastPasses for the rest of they day so the merge ratio can be reduced, might be a good alternative to discontinuing FastPass entirely.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    This is not the same at all. Fast Pass is less of a reservation as much as it is an entry time to a shorter line. The hour time slot doesn't mean you will be seated sometime in this hour because you may show up at 1:59 to your 1-2 PM window. The time slot tells you when a shorter line becomes available to you.
    Not really. It is a virtual place holder. It holds your place on line while you do other things. In that way, it is kind of like a reservation in that a reservation holds a table for you until it is time for you to sit down. They differ in the fact that a table reservation allows you to select your own time for your table where a fastpass assigns you a time.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Hmmm this smells like a FP debate thread now. The ratio has definetly seemed different the couple of times I have been this year as i stated earlier in the thread. i am wondering if maybe they upped the FP distribution to see how MM+ will effect the lines maybe. Say they upped the FPs 25% because they think that is what MM+ will add when it's implemented. That would make sense as to why it seems like it's worse lately. I am sure they will tweak the system a lot now to get ready for their new product.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    was Haunted Mansion Holiday different with and without fastpass.? last year
    I didn't notice a difference.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Hmmm this smells like a FP debate thread now.
    All FP problems are caused by its mere existence. If there is a complaint about FP, the debate will always lead to whether it should exist or not.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    This. This this this this.

At the WDW ride I used to work, people would rush in right at park opening, get a FastPass and just leave. Why!?!? People, we just opened, there's literally no line. The line for the FastPass at opening would literally be longer than the line for the ride itself. It was frustrating because we didn't have an area to hold guests in line for FastPasses, and we had a big ol' empty standby queue no one was waiting in.

Clearly, people had heard they should get to the park early to grab a FastPass, but all they were doing was unnecessarily taking a huge portion of the FastPasses from future guests. Usually 3-4 hours of FastPasses would disappear in the first hour of park opening. Holding out FastPasses for the first hour of park opening so people would just get in line instead, and then distributing a less number of FastPasses for the rest of they day so the merge ratio can be reduced, might be a good alternative to discontinuing FastPass entirely.
    Well, even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut. (For clarification, I'm the blind squirrel, and my idea is the nut.)

Thing is, the way I've done FP is to get, say a Space Mountain FP, then get on Space Mountain. Then, come back later and use the FP and ride it again.

What most people do, based on advice they get from here and other internet pay-for-advice sites: get the FP, go on three attractions that don't have FP, go on the FP attraction, get another FP for some other attraction, ride three more non-FP attractions, etc.
    And that is all by noon.

Heck, I'll go a little further with my idea: don't even open the FP ticket dispensers until noon.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Hmmm this smells like a FP debate thread now.
    Yeah, it's slowly getting there and I'm slowly backing out lol.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    was Haunted Mansion Holiday different with and without fastpass.? last year

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I didn't notice a difference.
    I did. The standby time was much shorter without the fastpass. If one needs another example, look at Midway Mania here and in Florida. The line is much shorter here because there is no fastpass.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Evil is Sexy

I haven't seen a Fastpass for TSMM here in DCA since late March. Maybe it is just not active on the days I've been.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast