Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Cast Member Entry

Hello folks. My family and I are lucky enough to be visiting Disneyland & CA with a relative who is a Silver Pass holder! Can anyone say if magic morning early entries are OK with this pass as I'm trying to make some park visiting plans that rely on knowing our entry times. Any SP information would be very gratefully received. Thankyou!

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: Cast Member Entry

No. Only way I could think of is if the entire party were Disney Resort guests who can access magical mornings. However, that may not work as the main gate passes only work for "normal park operating hours. Not valid for special events" (or something to that effect) and I wouldn't call magical mornings a "normal" hours event, otherwise everyone with a ticket would have access.

I know I've had disney retirees mad at me in the past during grad nights when their main gates didn't work to get them into that. But that's a little different...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Silver Pass / Blue Pass / Etc do not get early magic morning, also tend to be blocked out more in Disneyland Vs. Disney World

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Thank you so much - this site is a goldmine of actual factual information! One more question about Silver - do the Main Gate Pass blackout dates also apply to SP holders or can SP holders go in on any regular day (by which I mean a day like the day July 3rd, not an actual event day like July 4th or New Years)? Thank you again!

Blackout dates apply to Blue and Silver.

• Minion

I *think* the block out dates are on the Silver Pass, on the back.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Cheers again - so helpful! Any idea how far in advance Disney gives the blackout dates to its staff? My family member is a salaried TV person rather than a Disneyland CM. Clearly we REALLY have to avoid those blackouts and it's a long way to Anaheim from Australia!

Block out dates are updated to May rigt now and they are for all CMs. when are planning on visiting. Also, We have used our Blue Pass for Magic Mornings when we stayed on property. But have never done it for someone else. CM has to also stay in the hotel and have their own key with their name on it for proof.

We were thinking of June or July this year (for our school holidays) but as we have to fly over from Australia we usually try to organise trips 3 to 6 months ahead because of the flight costs. It looks like the blackout dates are pretty short notice if they only currently include up to May!! (How do you guys plan a vacation around that?) Once they are published do they ever get changed? Thanks continues ....

The only difference between a Silver Pass and a Blue Pass is the amount of times you can use it each year; Blue Passes may be used 16 times per year, and Silver Passes may be used twice that at 32 times per year. (Technically, a Silver Pass is "unlimited", but if you use it more than 32 times in a calendar year you get a nasty letter from Burbank lawyers telling you it appears you are abusing your company benefits and to stop using your Silver Pass for the rest of the year, or else you will be subject to discipline and/or revoking of your pass.)

All other blockout dates and policies are the same between a Silver Pass and a Blue Pass. No differences between the two.

Blue Passes are given to any hourly Cast Member who sticks around long enough for the Company to mail it to them, usually about two weeks after their first day on the job.

A Silver Pass is given to any Cast Member who is salaried, from the new assistant manager of a snack bar to a tenured Vice President of a theme park. Any hourly Cast Member who has worked for the Company for 15 years also gets a Silver Pass to use for the rest of their employment and eventual retirement from the Company.

• Twice Charmed

Does anyone know if the blackout dates have been released through the month of August? Both for maingate use (guests) and for individual CMs? I'm a new Orlando CM and want to plan if I can get myself and/or guests in during Expo week, between August 6 and 13. I don't have access to the hub yet as I'm not processed until the end of the month. But wanted to try and plan ASAP. Any info would be SO appreciated!

• Closed Account

As of now only Sat August 10th and Sun 11th are blocked out.

• Twice Charmed

That's not bad. Thank you! So I can bring in guests anytime I'm not also blocked out, correct? Sorry to be clueless, but I am new and don't know how all this works just yet.

• Closed Account

You can bring up to the number allowed per your dependents. The default is four (you + 3 others). If you were married with 3 kids, it would be 5 (you + 3 kids + spouse).

• The Tomorrowland One

As a Florida CM, you need to use you main gate pass to enter either park in California. If its blocked that day, even you can't get in using it. Any day it is valid, you and your number of allowed guests can get into the parks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast