Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Help critique my trip plans

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    They currently aren't doing tender rides, they just stopped last week and the CM on Thursday said it could change back anytime, so ask, but don't be surprised if they aren't... But you have a month to go so hopefully they will!
    They don't do the tender ride when it's warm out, and since you're going mid-May I wouldn't hold me breath on that being available. It won't hurt to ask, though!

The Lilly Belle is also less likely to be running in the heat due to it's lack of AC, and I've heard they don't like people sweating all over the furniture.

The wheelhouse is your best bet - just ask the CM at the attraction and they can typically get you on there within a run or two if you're willing to wait.

Have fun!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    They don't do the tender ride when it's warm out, and since you're going mid-May I wouldn't hold me breath on that being available. It won't hurt to ask, though!

The Lilly Belle is also less likely to be running in the heat due to it's lack of AC, and I've heard they don't like people sweating all over the furniture.

Have fun!!
    When I was there on Thursday it wasn't because of the heat that they weren't giving tender rides...something happened that they stopped giving them immediately and weren't sure when they were going to start again. The CM said they had some things to work out first, and since it was the week after the DOSH incident I wondered if it had to do with that. One CM did say they were hoping it would be up next week, which is now,but I have not been back to check.

As for the Lilly Belle it was quite warm when I went on it, about 90 degrees and they didn't cancel it, although they did warn us it would be even warmer inside and they would let us off early should it gt to be too much.

• Selfie Expert

When I was there on Thursday it wasn't because of the heat that they weren't giving tender rides...something happened that they stopped giving them immediately and weren't sure when they were going to start again. The CM said they had some things to work out first, and since it was the week after the DOSH incident I wondered if it had to do with that. One CM did say they were hoping it would be up next week, which is now,but I have not been back to check.

As for the Lilly Belle it was quite warm when I went on it, about 90 degrees and they didn't cancel it, although they did warn us it would be even warmer inside and they would let us off early should it gt to be too much.
    Just relaying information that I have been told by CMs working the RR.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland Dreamer

Wonder if they will require some sort of restraints..

Don't they know we are coming from Phoenix, and anything less than 110* in the shade is "cool"

So excited. It has been too long... On the overly-planning part, my mantra at work is "if you aren't measuring it, its not important". So must be spilling over into my liesure time. Just want to make sure the kids all get the activities they've selected, and with an entire new land in DCA, and new attraction in DL, I needed to figure out when/where/order. Will be our first time where the Haunted Mansion is the actual Haunted Mansion, instead of Halloweenland...That should be a trip.

I agree with others in that it's a bit over planned. My wife tried to schedule our first family visit over three days, and it didn't work out so well, considering the young ones (naps/meals/breakdowns/etc.) I think having a general guideline works best and go with the flow of the parks. Remember, everyone goes to the right when DL opens so one day go to left. I hit 5 rides in the first hour doing that, plus you want to get FL done early in the day . Otherwise, see what you want to see, do what you want to do, just HAVE FUN! What you miss this trip can be done on the next. BTW, what's "Snake Plissken"?
    Last edited by johnnylv; 04-23-2013 at 07:30 AM.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylv View Post
    BTW, what's "Snake Plissken"?
    It was a movie reference (a bad, B-movie from the 80s or 90s.). "Escape from LA"

• Disneyland 19 year APH

If you have a smart phone to note use Mouseaddict* (*from Micechat on iphone) or Mouse Wait. Don't go for the Disney Parks apps the waits are so inaccurate and the interface sucks. Also for the internet savey there is only wifi in the DLR hotels (guest or not). Just to note there will be no line for Grizzly by that time so you wont need a whole hour for it. 15 at most. Try to get the most out of Paradise Pier during that extra time because at 7:30 it all shuts down for WOC.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylv View Post
    BTW, what's "Snake Plissken"?
    It was a movie reference (a bad, B-movie from the 80s or 90s.). "Escape from LA"
    Don't recall seeing that one. Thanks! Again, have fun and I am sooo jealous. We won't be going for another year.

• Evil is Sexy

Hey Escape from New York and Escape from LA are perfectly awesome bad B movies, thank you very much.
    In other words to "Snake Plissken" is a lot like getting the hell outta dodge, but more extreme.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Hey Escape from New York and Escape from LA are perfectly awesome bad B movies, thank you very much.
    In other words to "Snake Plissken" is a lot like getting the hell outta dodge, but more extreme.
    Ahh, gotcha. Thanks, I have seen Escape from New York though only once, and not its sequel.

A spreadsheet? I just couldn't do it. This makes it way to much like work for me. But hey, if this is what works for, you have a great trip.
    I like my trips spreadsheet free.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by RosevilleDisfan View Post
    A spreadsheet? I just couldn't do it. This makes it way to much like work for me. But hey, if this is what works for, you have a great trip.
    I like my trips spreadsheet free.
    It is the High-A personality in me. If I don't have a plan, I find it hard to know if I will be able to accomplish what I want to....... And to quote Barbosa... "they be more of guidelines....Arrrr"

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Trying to head East, during Rush hour from DL will be WAY more extreme than anything Snake had to overcome I may have to wear an eye patch during the egress

• Evil is Sexy

Oooh. An eyepatch and say something cheesy and macho every 15 minutes.
    Maybe we can get someone to surf through a canyon at hightide too...
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Disney Parks Fan

I am glad you are doing so much research before going to DLR. I am a frequent visitor to DLR. I make detailed plans before going so my family can change them on arrival. Thus, I found use in going both with and without family. The task of changing your plans falls to your children. If you intend to spend so much for your vacation and part of the vacation is supposed to be an anniversary celebration, you may want to consider convincing a relative or trusted friend to either go with you or meet you there so the adults can have fun while children do nap time with the relative or friend. I think DGCH&S has a childcare service, but children may prefer someone they know. Children are often overwhelmed by DLR and need nap times. It is good to be able to enjoy attractions while the children sleep.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast