Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Grizzly Peak Mystery Shack. A new take on Mystic Manor

So, the first full ride videos of the new, all-original attraction in HKDL, Mystic Manor, have surfaced on the internet. Do NOt click this link and watch the video if you don't want to be spoiled. http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...video.html?m=0

I will keep spoilers to a minimum. I want to start by saying wow, this attraction looks amazing and definitely a new classic. It's not a spooky, 'haunted' attraction like classics such as Haunted Mansion, Phantom Manor, and Tower of Terror, but more an an enchanted, 'eerie' attraction that deals more with mystery than haunt. The effects, the AA's, the sets, the music, the ride system...all simply amazing and very well executed. A home run for Imagineering.

I would love to see this type of attraction, very similar to Mystic Manor, come here to the Disneyland Resort. I'm not talking a direct clone; let HKDL enjoy their unique attraction. I would love to see a new attraction very much like this, same ride system, similar use of effects and AA's, and 'eerie', mystical atmosphere theming, come to the resort, DCA specifically.

I think this is exactly the type of attraction DCA needs to build upon all the success it has had with it's expansion. It's a perfect compliment to the amazing Radiator Springs Racers.

My idea would be to put a very similar ride in the Grizzly Peak section of DCA. Grizzly Peak is one of the better themed and executed lands in DCA but suffers from a small footprint. This little section does a wonderful job of transporting the guest to the forest of the High Sierra (I go to the Sierra's every summer and always get nostalgic and brought back to them when I am walking through Grizzly Peak). As much as I love Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, I feel an attraction of Mystic Manor's caliber would make much better use of the space.

This type of attraction could totally be reworked in a way to fit into the mid-century National Park theming in Grizzly Peak. Instead of an eccentric collectors house, make it a mystery shack/mystery spot type place, full of a strange and odd collection of things. It could be themed as some type of tourist, roadside diversion in the National Park, exhibiting the strange and mysterious. Same type of concept and execution as Mystic Manor but themed as a mid-century mystery shack. Maybe have a raccoon instead of Albert the monkey to better fit the forest theming.

I think the idea has lots of potential. I would love to see this new classic at our resort but in a way that borrows and not directly clones. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

• Minion

Re: Grizzly Peak Mystery Shack. A new take on Mystic Manor

Love the idea! DCA really needs more original, E ticket rides.

• Minion

YES 1000x YES! Id love to see something like this. It could have different California legends like bigfoot and lumaria and different artifacts as well. this would be great!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Who is lumaria?

• Minion

This ride is crazy amazing. I MUST go to HKDL, if only for that. I was wondering about the ride system until the very end and saw that it's the trackless system? That's beyond amazing that these cars are able to synchronize so well, working in the pauses at certain gags and still having the others move fluidly. Perfect.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Who is lumaria?
    Whoops... I misspelled it. It's Lemuria, here ya go Folklore of Mount Shasta: Lemuria

• "I don't like the color"

WOW! I would love for a version of this to come to California. It's amazing what Imagineering can come up with without having "Franchise" limitations put on them here in the US. TDA, get a clue.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

I just saw the video... Amazing! I would think this ride if built in Disneyland / DCA would be more popular than RSR.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

This is freaking AMAZING!!! the most coolest ride I've seen from Disney PERIOD!!!!!

I need to book a trip to Hong Kong ASAP!

They should build this at DCA. The perfect place for this would be either at the Redwood Creek or Maliboomer location.

It seems that Disney's rides outside America seems to have more advanced theming than here in the state.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

I would not be sad if they remodeled the HM for this. This ride > HM

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calvegas04 View Post
    I would not be sad if they remodeled the HM for this. This ride > HM
    I would not go that far. Mystic Manor takes more of a mysterious, whimsical feeling while Haunted Mansion has a darker, spookier tone. They are not very similar based on what I watched in the video.

• film975

Wasn't really all that impressed by Mystic Manor either. Granted, the effects were amazing. But the ride itself was a little too short and half the time I couldn't follow the story very well. That's where the original Haunted Mansion really shines in terms of its storytelling. I would love to see a ride with these kind of effects at Disneyland and/or DCA one day.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Wasn't really all that impressed by Mystic Manor either. Granted, the effects were amazing. But the ride itself was a little too short and half the time I couldn't follow the story very well. That's where the original Haunted Mansion really shines in terms of its storytelling. I would love to see a ride with these kind of effects at Disneyland and/or DCA one day.
    The worst part is that I didn't notice anything particularly innovative in the technology used. It was a lot of animatronics, projection effects, and large displays to simulate being in a magical tornado. Theme parks have been using these things for decades. We can do these effects, we just haven't yet.

• King of Los Angeles

I think this could alo ok on the pier. Victorian boardwalks had a lot of Experience the mystic Wonders of the World type attractions.

• Minion

^Maybe even Hollywoodland with movies coming to life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast