Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Interested in feedback for our vacation plans...

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I would look into the PhotoPass Plus thing - After all I've read about it, it's something I would definitely do with my (future) kids!!
    We always do PhotoPass Plus...
    For the love of Disney....

IMO concierge is just okay...you might consider rooms that connect..we have done that twice at the The Disneyland Hotel, and our kids love it

also make reservations at the Blue Bayou, your kids will also enjoy it and the atmosphere is great...the food is ok, (I do love the monte cristo, but they serve that at Cafe Orleans as well) but, I love the feeling in there so I always go back! Also the Big Thunder BBQ is great, don't forget to try a dole whip if you haven't already! Make sure to do a character breakfast! My fave is goofys kitchen and it just so happens to be on site of where you're staying. Although any character meal you choose will be a fun experience...

Let the hotel clerk know its your anniversary, they may do something special but sometimes it depends on who is working, etc. get your pins at city hall!!!

Have fun!

Thank you. And normally the hubby and I would be all about trying all the different restaurants the area has to offer. But we decided we'd park and stay in the resort for the entire 4 1/2 days. Both of our previous trips to DL were very structured (his with his fam and mine as a pre-college trip) and we want the luxury of just going with the flow which means if the kids need a nap that's what were going to do and not stress about what we're missing while they sleep. Next trip, we'll venture out to all Cali has to offer.

I appreciate all the feedback on concierge. I think we will drop that option and I'll just add a box or 2 of cereal to our packing list. Does anyone know... are there microwaves in the rooms? I know there are fridges but I wasn't sure about the microwaves.

No microwaves in standard room. I'm not sure about the suites, though

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mrscptgreen View Post
    Does anyone know... are there microwaves in the rooms? I know there are fridges but I wasn't sure about the microwaves.
    No, but there are coffee makers if you just need warmed up water.

In the Coffe House there is an open to public microwave. I'm not sure it's still there but I've seen people use it in the past. Any coffee drinkers noticed?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesscarlette View Post
    also make reservations at the Blue Bayou, your kids will also enjoy it and the atmosphere is great...the food is ok, (I do love the monte cristo, but they serve that at Cafe Orleans as well) but, I love the feeling in there so I always go back! Also the Big Thunder BBQ is great, don't forget to try a dole whip if you haven't already! Make sure to do a character breakfast! My fave is goofys kitchen and it just so happens to be on site of where you're staying. Although any character meal you choose will be a fun experience...

Let the hotel clerk know its your anniversary, they may do something special but sometimes it depends on who is working, etc. get your pins at city hall!!!
    I agree with this advise!

Also make sure and plan out when your going to eat at table service restaurants and make reservations as soon as you can. Arrive early to Blue Bayou and ask for a table on the water...makes the dining experience more magical.

Don't forget to wear your anniversary pins! My husband and I went for our anniversary a couple of years ago, and we felt so special being told "Happy Anniversary" through out our trip. Also mention it's your anniversary when making reservations...you get a complimentary dessert at many of the table service restaurants (Ariel's Grotto, Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou, etc.)

We always arrive the afternoon/evening before our 1st day at the parks. We always walk and shop around at DTD and eat dinner at Rainforest Cafe to start out our trip (it's tradition!). I know they don't have the best food (we like it though..try their Coronita drink! Yum!), but it really starts your trip off right with the kids. It just adds some extra magic to your trip before being allowed into the parks.

I'm sure you know this, but staying at the Disneyland Hotel you get early entry everyday...don't miss out on this!

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can give your boys a "knight's transformation" (I think they're $16). They spike their hair with color gel, sprinkle Mickey confetti in their hair, and decorate the back of their head with a color gelled Mickey. They also get a sword and shield. My son was almost 5 when he got his 1st transformation and loved it. The princesses gave him extra special attention because of this too. Ariel taught him how a prince gives a princess a kiss. He then got to kiss her hand. I got a picture of this...such a great moment!

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    I agree with this advise!

Also make sure and plan out when your going to eat at table service restaurants and make reservations as soon as you can. Arrive early to Blue Bayou and ask for a table on the water...makes the dining experience more magical.

Don't forget to wear your anniversary pins! My husband and I went for our anniversary a couple of years ago, and we felt so special being told "Happy Anniversary" through out our trip. Also mention it's your anniversary when making reservations...you get a complimentary dessert at many of the table service restaurants (Ariel's Grotto, Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou, etc.)

We always arrive the afternoon/evening before our 1st day at the parks. We always walk and shop around at DTD and eat dinner at Rainforest Cafe to start out our trip (it's tradition!). I know they don't have the best food (we like it though..try their Coronita drink! Yum!), but it really starts your trip off right with the kids. It just adds some extra magic to your trip before being allowed into the parks.

I'm sure you know this, but staying at the Disneyland Hotel you get early entry everyday...don't miss out on this!

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can give your boys a "knight's transformation" (I think they're $16). They spike their hair with color gel, sprinkle Mickey confetti in their hair, and decorate the back of their head with a color gelled Mickey. They also get a sword and shield. My son was almost 5 when he got his 1st transformation and loved it. The princesses gave him extra special attention because of this too. Ariel taught him how a prince gives a princess a kiss. He then got to kiss her hand. I got a picture of this...such a great moment!
    Thank you so much! I would never have thought to ask for a specific table at Blue Bayou and yes that is our dining plan for our 2nd night. We are going to CA first as my boys are Cars obsessed and while DL may be awesome, Cars Land is going to be the end all be all.

We are also arriving the day before and plan on doing DD that night. We totally lucked out, a family member gave the boys giftcards to Build a Bear for Christmas that we still haven't used so I added them to the Disney Packing pile going in my bedroom... free bears! Can't beat that!

And I would never even have researched anything in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, thanks for that!

Also, as far as rides go in Carsland. We love RSR, but Mater's Junkyard Jambore ended up being our 5 and 4 year old's favorite. RSR had a little too much thrill for them.

Before putting your son's on the bigger thrill rides, maybe start off with Gadget's Go Coaster in Toontown. It's the perfect first roller coaster for kids. My son who is not big on the thrill rides (he does like Pirates little fall though) and he loves this ride.

Do you plan on doing any Character dining? Goofy's Kitchen is great! Love their food, but as far as characters go for boys I'd do Minnie & Friends - Breakfast in the Park at Plaza Inn. It has a lot of Winnie the Pooh characters and our favorite Captain Hook. Last time we were there Captain Hook took our son and they walked around the restaurant getting into "mischief" together. Make an early reservation, because the restaurant will be more empty and your kids will have characters coming up and playing with them the whole time. We did this, and it was our most favorite experience yet!

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    Do you plan on doing any Character dining? Goofy's Kitchen is great! Love their food, but as far as characters go for boys I'd do Minnie & Friends - Breakfast in the Park at Plaza Inn. It has a lot of Winnie the Pooh characters and our favorite Captain Hook. Last time we were there Captain Hook took our son and they walked around the restaurant getting into "mischief" together. Make an early reservation, because the restaurant will be more empty and your kids will have characters coming up and playing with them the whole time. We did this, and it was our most favorite experience yet!
    Right now I have Goofy's kitchen marked to make reservations for our 3rd morning. I hadn't thought about doing the plaza inn... captain hook is also one of our faves. He is currently on a huge sign hanging up in our Costco and every time we walk in the door both boys are instantly shouting "Look Mommy Captain Hook!" Again, thanks for the advice!

I've been scouring blogs but I really feel like they give you great tips if you have girls and not so much for all the little men out there.

• formerly very helpful

Blue Bayou has the most beautiful atmosphere, (be sure to request a waterside table) but the food is eh. Cathay Theater restaurant has much better food, and is very elegant and nice.
    Just wondering, I may have missed it, but what are you doing with the kids when you are on your date night?

We have lucked out and have family in the area. But I have the back up of a few friends in the area as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12