View Poll Results: Would you like to see Mystic Manor in DCA ?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely bring it on?

69 63.89%
  • No the Haunted Mansion in DL is enough haunts.

22 20.37%
  • Maybe but I'm skeptical?

17 15.74%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Would you like to see Mystic Manor in DCA ?

(I meant to reply to a post not the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    No I mean 6 years ago when this was first proposed on Micechat.

Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

Where did you get the idea that there's a connection between "the original mystic manor a.k.a "Carson Mansion" is in Eureka CA," and this attraction?

Because that is just speculation, and it came up in this link.
    They mean that the mansion building in front of the ride resembles Carson Mansion. It seems pretty clear that WDI used Carson Mansion (and other Victorian mansions) as inspiration for the architecture, no inside source needed.

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    While they are at it, tear out Redwood Creek Challenge and build the Grizzly Gulch coaster from Hong Kong. Grizzly River Run and Grizzly Gulch right across from each other. Both of these take DCA to a level none of us could ever imagine.

Exactly what I was thinking. I see RCC as wasted space.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Like a " the great mazani" ride with a fortune teller machine theme which has more tricks and wishes than haunts , maybe that can work.
    The e-ticket attraction can be behind California Screamin and the queue could have a fortune teller quarter machine they said something about this at d23 but I'm not sure
    They can use Esmeralda!

• Minion

I'd like to see something unique. I can't stand clones.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

RCC is a small piece of land, I't can hardly hold a dark ride let alone a coaster like the one in grizzly gluch.

• Certified in everything

This attraction is so radically different than the Haunted Mansion that I see no problem on that front with it being added. THe only similarity is that they are haunted buildings (though the Mystic Manor itself isn't really haunted the music box is) and but that standard Tower of Terror also overlaps in theme.

My issue is that the storyline has nothing to do with California. Were the California theme better integrated I'd be totally for it.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    They mean that the mansion building in front of the ride resembles Carson Mansion. It seems pretty clear that WDI used Carson Mansion (and other Victorian mansions) as inspiration for the architecture, no inside source needed.
    Ditto!

• New Member Goes Forth

A unique attraction with a scary theme in Grizzle Peak
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Quote Originally Posted by javalos1991 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. I see RCC as wasted space.
    Another poster stated they would be concerned that there wouldn't be enough stuff for smaller kids and I would have to agree somewhat (and I was the original poster of this idea) if they removed both RCC and Bug's Land.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No thanks. Why can't parks have rides that are unique to that park anymore? Everything has to be cloned.

Can they then rip out CA Screamin' and put in a couple of rides with no height requirement so that every in the family can ride them?

Is Halloween Town supposed to be in CA?

Not everything needs to be cloned. No cloning in the US but 99% of US guests will never visit an international park. I have no issues with them brining great attractions from Toyko, Shanghai, Hong Kong or Paris to a US park if they fit thematically.

As for ripping out Screaming...um, no but I get your point. They will need to balance the park with family friendly rides. Would be interesting to compare how a park like DisneySea compares to DCA re: ride height restrictions.

Halloween town in CA...no, but neither is Monstropolis, a land of bugs or Mermaids. The DCA theme is already mixed and nothing will fix that. It's just a matter of whether or not managment wants to further muddy that. I wouldn't be a fan of Halloween Town for that reason...hence my suggestions to retheme Mystic Manor and add Grizzly Gulch.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

We don't need Hong Kong DCA, add the grizzly animatronics to the raft ride and leave the rest of that area alone.

There's not enough space in the Redwood Challenge Trail to build a roller coaster or a Mystic Manor type attraction, and it would be a shame to rip out the woods, since it's the only part of the park that represents Calfornia's rich woodland areas.

• -

Not everything needs to be cloned. No cloning in the US but 99% of US guests will never visit an international park. I have no issues with them brining great attractions from Toyko, Shanghai, Hong Kong or Paris to a US park if they fit thematically.
    If you bring those attractions here, there will be no reason for those people to visit the other parks. I don’t want an assembly line version of a Disney park. Making the parks unique is a way to get people to go there. If you make everything the same, then there is no reason for the people who will travel to these other parks to go there.

As for ripping out Screaming...um, no but I get your point. They will need to balance the park with family friendly rides. Would be interesting to compare how a park like DisneySea compares to DCA re: ride height restrictions.
    Ripping out Screamin’ was just a hyperbolic example to get my point across that there is a need for the family rides as well. As for comparing the overseas resorts’ height restrictions to those in CA, they probably have to do with local safety regulations and they probably are as different as those in FL compared to those in CA. It is why Dinosaur has a lower height requirement than Indy and they are the same ride.

Halloween town in CA...no, but neither is Monstropolis, a land of bugs or Mermaids. The DCA theme is already mixed and nothing will fix that. It's just a matter of whether or not managment wants to further muddy that. I wouldn't be a fan of Halloween Town for that reason...hence my suggestions to retheme Mystic Manor and add Grizzly Gulch.
    Monsters INC is just one small out of theme ride and no reason to further muddle the theme of the park.

As for Bugs Land, unless someone can show that the bugs that are represented are not indigenous to CA, there is nothing to say that this does not take place in CA.

The Mermaid ride… well, I’ve already voiced my opinion in this thread that the Danish mermaid on a CA Pier is also not an excuse to further jumble the park’s theme. Disney has been doing a good job recently with keeping the CA theme with the addition of the red cars, Buena Vista Street, and the re-design of the pier. Adding further out of theme attractions would be taking a step backwards.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Some would say two haunted style mansions in a single resort wouldn't work ...
    They already have two haunted mansion style attractions at DLR - Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror.

From what I've seen, Mystic Manor is less a Haunted Mansion style attraction and more of an Adventureland / Indiana Jones style attraction. It would fit better in adventureland than DCA. Unless you put it near Tower of Terror, and changed the story line from worldly travel antiquities to old hollywood an antiquities. But than it would be too similar in story to Tower of Terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I would hope they wouldn't make a "Mini version" and cut back on the budget.
    Like they did with Pooh? Cutting out all the good stuff from the Tokyo version?

• Still lost in Neverland

I agree that it should be in DCA, not Disneyland. It could be placed in or behind California's Screamon'. The only problem with that, is that the noise from the coaster would invade the ride. It is a cool ride and would fit the Paradise Pier area perfectly. Putting it in Disneyland would not work because the haunted mansion is enough.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast