View Poll Results: Would you like to see Mystic Manor in DCA ?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely bring it on?

69 63.89%
  • No the Haunted Mansion in DL is enough haunts.

22 20.37%
  • Maybe but I'm skeptical?

17 15.74%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Would you like to see Mystic Manor in DCA ?

I'd be down to have it in DCA, but having the Haunted Mansion a couple hundred (or thousand) feet away would make a clash in themes, even if they're in different theme parks. If it were to be built in DCA, I'd definitely like to see them revert to the realistic tone they were originally aiming for. I know they went the whole cartoon direction because they want to appeal to a universal audience, but let's face it, there isn't a single dark ride in DCA in lieu of HM or POTC. We need the realism.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Add it to the Hollywood Backlot and theme it as a creepy old fading star's mansion (Sunset Blvd).

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    I don't really need to worry as long as Bob Iger sits on the throne. It is his policy that no attraction not connected to a franchise be built in the American parks. So, for now, we're safe from Mystic Manor.
    Your first post and already positing speculation as fact? We don't do that here, at least without getting called out on it.

• Minion

Call me hopelessly nave and old-fashioned, but as much as I love the videos coming out of Mystic Manor I'd prefer to have an original attraction that used some of the same elements.

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    While they are at it, tear out Redwood Creek Challenge and build the Grizzly Gulch coaster from Hong Kong. Grizzly River Run and Grizzly Gulch right across from each other. Both of these take DCA to a level none of us could ever imagine.
    The Redwood Creek Challenge is very popular with kids, given then number I always see running around in there. With all the long line standing that has to be done at DCA for Radiator Springs, Toy Story Mania, Soarin', Luigi's, etc., I think it's great that there's a place they can run around, stretch their legs, burn off some energy.

How don't know how much of a footprint the Grizzly Gluch coaster would need, but I'd suggest replacing that awful mouse coaster, Goofy's Sky School, and as much of Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr and Silly Symphony as they need.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by trebor13 View Post
    I'd suggest replacing that awful mouse coaster, Goofy's Sky School, and as much of Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr and Silly Symphony as they need.
    Unfortunately, the Grizzly Gulch coaster would be out of theme for that area. However, I wouldn't be too opposed to them putting in something large that would be in theme here and would replace Sky School.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by trebor13 View Post
    The Redwood Creek Challenge is very popular with kids, given then number I always see running around in there. With all the long line standing that has to be done at DCA for Radiator Springs, Toy Story Mania, Soarin', Luigi's, etc., I think it's great that there's a place they can run around, stretch their legs, burn off some energy.

How don't know how much of a footprint the Grizzly Gluch coaster would need, but I'd suggest replacing that awful mouse coaster, Goofy's Sky School, and as much of Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr and Silly Symphony as they need.
    Agree on all points though I think GG would not fit thematically in the Sky School area. Quite honestly there may not be a big enough footprint for either of those ride anywhere in DCA...maybe Bugs Land if you pulled out the theater and rides.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think I'm more excited by the look of Mystic Manor's exterior than by the execution of the dark ride inside it.

Does anybody else feel the same way?

I mean, an "Adventurer's Club" restaurant in an old Victorian would suit me fine, too.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I think I'm more excited by the look of Mystic Manor's exterior than by the execution of the dark ride inside it.

In general, yes that sums up my feelings as well.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Wink Re: Would you like to see Mystic Manor in DCA ?

Yes, I agree with you. The Architectural presence of the "Mystic Manor" is amazing. A "California Adventure" themed house that comes to mind for me, that is actually something that has some real history behind it is, the Winchester Mystery House, which resides in San Jose, CA!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post

I mean, an "Adventurer's Club" restaurant in an old Victorian would suit me fine, too.

• I'm a Lutheran

Perhaps a museum themed to movie memorabilia of 1940's Hollywood (and pre-40's) that has been cursed by a cursed object used in some jungle-themed movie, a la Tokyo's Tower of Terror (although not the same totem). The totem is disturbed by a foolish crook attempting to rob the museum. The result is a Mystic Manor-type experience where the movie props come to life and create general havoc. Such things could include the famous ruby slippers exploding to a giant size and attempting to crush riders, a life-sized recreation of King Kong running wild, a silent horror film section where wax monsters come to life, etc.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Since the original ride is in China I would not mind seeing an "American" verion of the ride at DCA

• What imagination needs...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I agree that it should be in DCA, not Disneyland. It could be placed in or behind California's Screamon'. The only problem with that, is that the noise from the coaster would invade the ride. It is a cool ride and would fit the Paradise Pier area perfectly. Putting it in Disneyland would not work because the haunted mansion is enough.
    Does the noise from California Screamin' invade Toy Story Midway Mania? Legitimate question; never been there.

Design, I actually have never really heard the coaster while inside the midway. You can definitely hear it when you're outside, but I can't recall ever hearing it properly while actually on the attraction, though this could be due to the way the sound in the midway is set up, and it probably means that an attraction under Screamin or nearby wouldn't suffer, though some of the creepy atmosphere would be lost because they couldn't do a proper build up. I don't really critique TSMM on that because the coaster (and Mr. Potato Head as the barker) sort of works for what the attraction is. It's fun, and it's one of the better ways they can make it lively without really doing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Design View Post
    Does the noise from California Screamin' invade Toy Story Midway Mania? Legitimate question; never been there.
    No, not on the actual ride but yes for the queue. They can make them as soundproof as they want.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast