Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Minion

Re: Grad nights....Bad time to visit Disneyland or California Adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Oh, that is a good reason. Too bad they don't close the park for them. I also think they shouldn't give them discounted tickets.
    you do realize some schools make the students pay an extra $$ (mine was $30 extra) for the bus ride. my school was only 35 minutes away and we had to pay for the ticket itself plus for the transportation. so $100 per ticket. which is a lot for a hs student.
    and some schools are very lame and arrive at DL at 8pm. instead of 9am! because it's an after school event, not during class time.

in conclusion, it was better as a private party. Unless you are from out of state/town and spend the entire 9am-3am party. Cus This might be your only time to visit Disneyland. plus it's a lot more fun with your friends.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Is Grad Nite occurring on May 27, 28, or 29?

Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    Is Grad Nite occurring on May 27, 28, or 29?
    Looks like there will be a Grad Night on the 29th.

Disneyland® Grad Night 2013 and Group Ticket Discounts

Has anyone attended a grad night this year yet? I will be doing a mother/daughter trip to DLR with my daughter for her high school graduation present next week (5/27-31). We have 3 day park hoppers already, but I called the grad night office and asked if we could join the grad night fun since this will be her graduation gift/trip, and being Disney, they said, of course!! After reading this thread, I'm starting to second guess my choice. This will be my daughter's one & only trip to Disneyland because she is choosing to work out of the country after college. My question is...since this will be her only time to visit DCA, should we pay the extra bucks for the grad night ticket if the crowds/kids are really that crazy?? This should give us 5 extra hours after the park closes, but if it is crazy, maybe it's not worth it.....suggestions please!!

• #bringevilback

Most of the discussion has been about the time before grad night and the parks close to the public. Because they can come any time during the day and have full park hopping privileges their impact Ina's been greatly felt. As to what happens during grad night, I'm not sure...

• Greetings, Program!

Had to endure about an hour and a half of Grad Night lunacy on the 23rd. Mom - visiting from out of town - wanted very much to ride the Tower (missed it on the last visit). The teens in line were rude, crass, loud, and a bloody nightmare to listen to for the 65 minutes we spent in line with them. Many freely dropped their outside trash and food containers on the ground. One of them decided to park their butt on one of the red line ropes in the lobby queue and snapped it clean off. Once we were clear of the ride we vacated DCA after that one and only ride. We were D-O-N-E for the day.

Moving Grad Nights to mix in with the general paying public hours was the worst idea since Light Magic.

I can't stress it enough - unless you like putting up with this nonsense, avoid any visit that coincides with a Grad Night at all costs.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Had to endure about an hour and a half of Grad Night lunacy on the 23rd. Mom - visiting from out of town - wanted very much to ride the Tower (missed it on the last visit). The teens in line were rude, crass, loud, and a bloody nightmare to listen to for the 65 minutes we spent in line with them. Many freely dropped their outside trash and food containers on the ground. One of them decided to park their butt on one of the red line ropes in the lobby queue and snapped it clean off. Once we were clear of the ride we vacated DCA after that one and only ride. We were D-O-N-E for the day.

Moving Grad Nights to mix in with the general paying public hours was the worst idea since Light Magic.

I can't stress it enough - unless you like putting up with this nonsense, avoid any visit that coincides with a Grad Night at all costs.
    If you were up to leaving feedback for Disney regarding this it could make a difference for next year. Many of us have written in so crossing our fingers that no Grad overlaps will ever happen again.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    If you were up to leaving feedback for Disney regarding this it could make a difference for next year. Many of us have written in so crossing our fingers that no Grad overlaps will ever happen again.
    Indeed. Already in the works. A very detailed and politely worded letter to add to the deluge is under construction now.

Last summer my friend and I decided to go into the parks on a Friday night. We didn't realize it was a Grad Night until we got on the tram. We ended up in a tram with a bunch of seniors who were incredibly vulgar. One of them was complaining repeatedly about how she thought she might accidentally expose herself on the rides because her clothing was too tight....I'm paraphrasing what she actually said which was much more anatomical and expletive filled. We got off the tram, walked back to the structure through Downtown Disney, and drove home.

My best score ever!

I'm glad to see others here feel the same as I do about the Grad Night fiascos and in writing to Disney, I'm on board with writing a nice little note to the powers that be.

I sat in Pixie Hollow with my young daughter while she was getting her face painted at 9:30am and I watched group after group after group, 8, 12, even 16 strong, of unsupervised teenage boys going by. Just watching all the teens going by was intimidating in itself. We deliberately finished up in Tomorrowland around 11 am just to avoid any shenanigans that I had read online. We didn't witness anything offensive, but it did get very crowded early afternoon, rides were breaking down, we got walked off 2 rides in a row - never in my hundreds of visits there have I been walked off a ride. But that was the worst that happened to us, but like I said, we deliberately avoided where the teens would be for as long as we could and left at 5:00. Not my ideal day though, it ruins the magic having to keep on the lookout and re-route our day, even if we didn't run into trouble.

• Foolish Mortal

Was there this past Friday night, which was a Grad Nite. Luckily it wasn't too unruly, I got there around 3pm and left by 7:30pm. The only real annoyance was on POTC, where there were two boats, back to back, packed with Grad Niters. They were very loud as the boats left the docks, all the way through the bayou, and could still be heard after dropping down the first waterfall. Luckily we were a few minutes and many boats behind them, and their shenannies didn't affect our ride experience.

I went during 3 grad nights last week and Friday was really a pain. It was only during the evening though. The mornings were business as usual. I was there on Memorial Day which was actually really slow. If all my grad nights were like Friday I would have been very upset. I think DLR should do something about grad nights. I felt sorry for those just getting there as I saw a lot of bewildered parents with small kids. If I could have avoided it I would have , but we made the best of it. Only Friday was really a problem.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariecat View Post
    I'm glad to see others here feel the same as I do about the Grad Night fiascos and in writing to Disney, I'm on board with writing a nice little note to the powers that be.
    Please do. I'm happy to report that they responded to my comments with a personal reply and not the form letter I was expecting. The representative who responded to me is also inviting me to give him a call to discuss the matter, which I fully intend to do. I will report back on how the conversation goes. I look forward to a very civil exchange and the opportunity to express in detail what happened and how the experience made our party feel. I'll also mention that I am aware that others are making the same reports to Disney about the ill-advised Grad Night/General Public mix-ins.

Keep up the pressure, folks. I feel confident that we can reverse this eventually.

Well, we've been there quite a few times over the past few years, and this past week was our first to go during Grad Nights. In short, I won't do it again. Also, take HydroGuy's tips on the psychology of the AP passholder to heart.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234