• Disneyland Dreamer

Early Morning Hour attractions and restrictions

Thankfully the MiceChat family was able to let me know my desire to knock out Adventureland/NewOrleans Square on an EMH was undoable. Some further googling (although not terribly easy to find) gave me the following list of attractions available during EMH.

Fantasyland: Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, King Arthur Carrousel, Mad Tea Party, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Peter Pan's Flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventure Tomorrowland: Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Disneyland Monorail, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Space Mountain

Are there any sort of restrictions for DCA during EMH? I didn't see any, but then again, I didn't know about the DL restrictions either.

Also, are you able to go all over DL, to the lands which aren't open? I realize the attractions wouldn't be running, but just exploring the empty park towards the end of EMH would be an awesome experience if possible... and poise us to hit those other E-ticket rides first minute they open....

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Early Morning Hour attractions and restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Also, are you able to go all over DL, to the lands which aren't open? I realize the attractions wouldn't be running, but just exploring the empty park towards the end of EMH would be an awesome experience if possible... and poise us to hit those other E-ticket rides first minute they open....
    Sadly, all the westside of the park (Adventureland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, and Critter Country) will not open until the park officially opens. They will have it roped off, so you won't be able to enter those lands at the end of EMH.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• The doctor is in

During the DCA early morning the whole park is available. That is a good time to hit Cars Land because it won't be as crowded. I basically walked on Toy Story Mania in October during my early morning.

In Disneyland they limit you to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. You have to wait until the park officially opens for the CM's to remove the ropes so you can access the rest of the park.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    During the DCA early morning the whole park is available. That is a good time to hit Cars Land because it won't be as crowded. I basically walked on Toy Story Mania in October during my early morning.
    Great news. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

In Disneyland they limit you to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. You have to wait until the park officially opens for the CM's to remove the ropes so you can access the rest of the park.
    Bummer. Safety reasons I suppose.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post

Bummer. Safety reasons I suppose.
    It's been like this for years.

EMH is the progression of Morning Magic in DL. There are not many guests so no need to open more of the park.

Then they added something for DCA, which used the EMH name. While still not many guests, in fact less, one reason I think they open the whole park, is to get people from overloading Carsland. The list at the top is not complete, it's missing Astro Orbiter and Star Tours, maybe it was made during the ST retheming. So DL has 15 attractions open. In DCA there are much less attractions so it has barely more open even though it's the whole park.

BTW Aladdin and Disney Jr are two things not open during EMH or right at park opening either inside DCA.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Although you can't get to NOS or Frontierland during the EMH, when the park opens, you can go over there to the ropes and be the first in line to get to those areas, ahead of the people just getting into the park. We always do that and tend to get the first car on BTMRR or the first room-full in the Haunted Mansion. So it kind of works as an EMH in those areas, but only for one attraction, because when that's over, the crowds are there!

• Halloween 2011

About the only restriction to California Adventure's Early Magic Hour is that it is available to hotel guests only and not to regular ticket holders, unlike Disneyland's Early Magic Hour which is open to both groups.