Reservation cancellations

I have heard that Disney will now start charging for no-show reservations, and if you are to cancel, it must be done within 24 hours of the actual reservation and no later..they will charge $10 for any reservation that isn't canceled within the guidelines.

Not sure how I feel about this. Not that I make tons of reservations and don't show up, but I do have 2 young kids and if there were an emergency, I may not be able to cancel within 24 hours. I guess there must be an abundance of no shows happening, maybe people making reservations in DL and DCA, knowing they won't make one of the reservations, but having it as a "just in case" type of thing...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Reservation cancellations

24 hours seems a little too long to be honest.

•   
    • Minion

I think it's fair, in all honesty. If someone reserves and doesn't show up it is the loss of a table for them. It's in line with what hotels do; they want cancellations within 24 hours.

• socal native

I was talking with a CM this past weekend, and they told us about this change coming to Disney Dining in the coming months. It is similar to the reservation system used in Orlando. When making a reservation, the CM on the phone will ask for your credit card information to hold your table. It is to cut down on no-shows and people who make too many reservations for a given day. (Although the current system will not allow you to make more than 2 in a day, so I am not sure what that means(?). We have tried to make a whole days worth before; and the CM on the line has said the system would only make two, but we could just show up and hope for a table for one of the three.)

I have mixed feelings since I like to plan my meals and rarely miss a reservation, so I don't think I will be affected too much. However, I fear the day circumstances lead me to a time when I am unable to have 24 hour notice because something happened beyond my control and I get charged.

• i believe in faeries.

just wondering... how could they 'track' you to give you the $10 fee? i made reservations (or priority seating) over the phone, but didn't give any cc info.

i do see where they are coming from, but from someone in the restaurant industry, 24 hours seems a bit long, especially with a place as busy as disney. I would think they wouldn't lose out on a cancelled table, even 2 hours away from the reso time. just my 2 cents.

I understand where they're coming from, too. I have never cancelled a ressie, but I hope in the future I will never have to

As far as them tracking you to charge the $10 fee, they take your credit card number down when you reserve your restaurant. It will begin this summer.

• Disney Lover

I made a phone reservation for Carthay Circle Restaurant today and was not asked about CC information, they just asked for my name and phone number.

I do understand why they'd charge, just not sure if/where it's happening yet.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesscarlette View Post
    As far as them tracking you to charge the $10 fee, they take your credit card number down when you reserve your restaurant. It will begin this summer.
    That how they do it in WDW which is now about a year old program. It wasn't done simply at every WDW location nor a regular set of WDW dining locations. Just the busiest ones, that have way more demand and didn't want to upset guests and loose money with empty tables(so to speak, they don't hold actual tables, just wait more between seating guests).

So in DLR there may be some places, like character breakfasts only, or a place with all day demand like Blue Bayou where they want to guarantee your reservation with a fee. BTW Blue Bayou is only lunch and dinner.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Former Churro Jockey

It's not just the no-shows, there are also a whole lot of people who book (probably more at WDW then DL) who book multiple restaurants for the same time and then figure out which one they feel like eating at that day without ever cancelling the other reservations. At WDW they allow people to reserve the entire restaurant and don't save any tables at all for walk-up. At DL, I believe they only reserve half the restaurant for reservations and save half of the restaurant for walk-up, so it's not as big of an issue (unless that's changed in recent years, that's the way it used to be anyway). I think the person who said that it's only for the extremely busy places like Blue Bayou, Fantasmic dessert buffet, and character dining is probably correct. Also, if you call less then 24hrs to cancel and have a good reason (i.e. kid got sick) my guess is that most cast members will waive the fee.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Yeah, I figured it had to do with multiple reservations, as well.

I think this will help curb the abusers while not impacting the general guest who makes and keeps reservations.
    The Mur