Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Re: Will USH expansion be a threat to the DLR in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    Yeah, it's just $300 per person.
    Incorrect... $52 for the regular 2 hour tour; $250 for a deluxe 1/2 day VIP tour.

• Hello again!

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    I think your right here, while Harry Potterland will make an impact, the fact of the matter is USH will never catch up (let alone surpass Disneyland Resort). Its just never going to happen. There is no way that the small studio park can ever surpass a 2-park Disney resort. .
    It doesn't have to catch up, it just has to get good enough to take a big bite out of DLR. That will push WD Parks and Resorts to really focus effort on DLR making a better resort for everyone. Competition is good for us.

"Well!"

• Minion

It's going to take more then Harry Potter land to compete with Disneyland. Yes the Harry Potter section of the park is going to draw a lot of visitors, but once they're done with the ride in that land, USH still has minimum rides and attractions to enjoy.

I think Disney should respond by either introducing a redo of Tomorrowland, or either the lone ranger or Wizard of Oz type of land.
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Incorrect... $52 for the regular 2 hour tour; $250 for a deluxe 1/2 day VIP tour.
    Well obviously I cannot pretend to be an expert. But going to UniversalStudiosHollywood.com, if you go to "buy tickets," I see a section for "Front of Line Pass," varying from $129 to $159, "12 Month No Blackout Pass," which is $109, "Buy a Day, Get 2013 Free," which is $80, and "$15 Off One Day Pass," which is $65.

When I click on "VIP Experience," the price is $299, and you get "Exclusive Backlot Access," which says, that you visit the sets in a special trolley, disembark the trolley in places, visit actual soundstages were things were/are filmed, and explore the sound and prop department. It says you get access to their VIP lounge for food and VIP parking, and a personal tour guide.

Since $52 would be more my range, where do I find those tickets?

lol no we all know USH sucks
    them add new things wont over shadow Disney

all they are adding is Harry Potter land (which they are knocking down Gibson Amphitheater for)
    and despicable me land

#1 the HP hype is over there are beyond late to bring this to CA
    there are no more HP movies being released

Despicable Me might be fun... depends on how dif they make it from FL

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    Well obviously I cannot pretend to be an expert. But going to UniversalStudiosHollywood.com, if you go to "buy tickets," I see a section for "Front of Line Pass," varying from $129 to $159, "12 Month No Blackout Pass," which is $109, "Buy a Day, Get 2013 Free," which is $80, and "$15 Off One Day Pass," which is $65.

When I click on "VIP Experience," the price is $299, and you get "Exclusive Backlot Access," which says, that you visit the sets in a special trolley, disembark the trolley in places, visit actual soundstages were things were/are filmed, and explore the sound and prop department. It says you get access to their VIP lounge for food and VIP parking, and a personal tour guide.

Since $52 would be more my range, where do I find those tickets?
    You can buy them directly on line: Warner Bros. VIP Tours | Official Site | Studio Tour Attraction | Film and TV Backlot Tour

Have fun! Do a trip report if you decide to go! You'll likely get to see the set of a current TV show like "Big Bang Theory", perhaps view the movie vehicle garage (batmobiles, anyone?) or see the props from the series "Friends" among other points along the tour.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Mykayla View Post

all they are adding is Harry Potter land (which they are knocking down Gibson Amphitheater for)
    and despicable me land

I think its a big mistake for JK Rowling to end the Harry Potter series, she has said over and over again that she will NOT write any more Potter books. The secret to Star Wars success over the years is the fact that Lucas continued to make movies and tv shows. If JK Rowling just let her creation stay stagnant, it will hurt the franchise. She NEEDS to continue to create things to keep the fans interested or it will fade away.

• Minion

and despicable me land

No, we all don't know that. Myself and a lot of other people on MiceChat very much enjoy USH.

We'll see what happens when Potter opens. Guranteed, USH's attendance will skyrocket and if Disney decides to be lazy, I bet many of their customers will happily go to USH.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    No, we all don't know that. Myself and a lot of other people on MiceChat very much enjoy USH.

We'll see what happens when Potter opens. Guranteed, USH's attendance will skyrocket and if Disney decides to be lazy, I bet many of their customers will happily go to USH.
    Disney won't be lazy, there are alot of rumors of a Marvel 3rd park and even a Star Wars mini-land at Disneyland. I think Disney WILL respond to Potterland, but we just do not kno with what yet.

In the theme park world, Disney might take hits but it ALWAYS wins in the end.

• Banned User

I dont know what the expansion plans are although I assume its HP. And I HIGHLY doubt all that money is going to the theme park unless they were building IOA 2 or something. HP at IOA only cost between $2-300 million total and I'm sure it would be even cheaper now. It does sound like it will be for expansion plans for the company in general and not just the theme park.

Anyway it wont make a lick of difference to DLR. USH is so tiny its still basically a half day park even now. The expansion will help but DLR is a 2 day resort minimum and there is just so much more there. There are two full day parks and by what I hear about the crowds there is no shortage of people going. And all it takes is one announcement of another RSR type attraction that will keep people coming back. USH wont really compete with DLR until they have a full day park with extravagant F! and WOC shows, parades, etc and a bit more than 6 measely ride attractions. There are more rides at PP in DCA than all of USH alone.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    In the theme park world, Disney might take hits but it ALWAYS wins in the end.
    Thus far.

If anything brings it down, it will be Disney's own arrogant self-view of "we're Disney, we always win."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I dont know what the expansion plans are although I assume its HP. And I HIGHLY doubt all that money is going to the theme park unless they were building IOA 2 or something. HP at IOA only cost between $2-300 million total and I'm sure it would be even cheaper now. It does sound like it will be for expansion plans for the company in general and not just the theme park.

Anyway it wont make a lick of difference to DLR. USH is so tiny its still basically a half day park even now. The expansion will help but DLR is a 2 day resort minimum and there is just so much more there. There are two full day parks and by what I hear about the crowds there is no shortage of people going. And all it takes is one announcement of another RSR type attraction that will keep people coming back. USH wont really compete with DLR until they have a full day park with extravagant F! and WOC shows, parades, etc and a bit more than 6 measely ride attractions. There are more rides at PP in DCA than all of USH alone.
    No way the DLR is a 2 day resort its more like 1 2/3 resort because DCA is not a full day park yet!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by worlddisney View Post
    i dont know what the expansion plans are although i assume its hp. And i highly doubt all that money is going to the theme park unless they were building ioa 2 or something. Hp at ioa only cost between $2-300 million total and i'm sure it would be even cheaper now. It does sound like it will be for expansion plans for the company in general and not just the theme park.

Anyway it wont make a lick of difference to dlr. Ush is so tiny its still basically a half day park even now. The expansion will help but dlr is a 2 day resort minimum and there is just so much more there. There are two full day parks and by what i hear about the crowds there is no shortage of people going. And all it takes is one announcement of another rsr type attraction that will keep people coming back. Ush wont really compete with dlr until they have a full day park with extravagant f! And woc shows, parades, etc and a bit more than 6 measely ride attractions. There are more rides at pp in dca than all of ush alone.
    exactly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    No way the DLR is a 2 day resort its more like 1 2/3 resort because DCA is not a full day park yet!
    Well its definitely more of a full day park compared to USH and that park has been open since 1964 already!

I just find it odd everytime I read these boards and when USH announces a ride suddenly its in major competion time to DLR, a park that gets around 5 million people a year tops and where you basically can go all year now for just $80. DCA was already getting more attendance by that in its second year of opening and now apparantly its at 10+ million if I read the last Mice Age article correctly.

Its just too small of a park, its infrastructure is tiny and there isnt really enough there for more than a day visit or a place people will want to come back to year after year. Sure locals do but even then I'm guessing because the cheap AP deal is too good to pass up. And even then if you give them a choice assuming both prices were equal there would be no competition for most. I grew up in L.A. and I think I can count on both hands how many times I been there.

Dont get me wrong, I generally like the Universal theme parks and been to all of them with the exception of Singapore. Univeral Studios Japan is just as good as any Disney theme park IMO and the Florida parks are good, but those are geniune theme parks built with the idea of expansion and even still neither of those gets close to the attendance to the Disney parks in the same areas.

And USH is in the worse shape theme park wise. Its going to take 3-4 HP expansions to ever compete DLR on any real level and by then DLR could be on its third theme park and who knows what else. USH will probably never be a real challenge to DLR for a myriad of reasons but hopefully it will just be a decent park in its own right. At the rate its going, it could be another 10-20 years before it becomes a Disney level park. Until then I see buy a day get the rest of the year free for a long to come.

and despicable me land

Reading this makes my brain hurt.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast