View Poll Results: What are your thoughts?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome concept! It could work.

9 39.13%
  • I like an "Iron Man-only" attraction better.

4 17.39%
  • Nah, seems a little overdone.

7 30.43%
  • JUST GET SOMETHING IN THERE! NO MORE INNOVENTIONS!!!

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Avengers 3D Ride

With the Iron Man exhibit being a sort of test if it will hold up with guests for an actual Iron Man-themed ride, wouldn't it be more exciting if they went with an Avengers theme? Here's what I mean: Avengers was easily one of the most hyped and anticipated films of 2012 and a sequel is not that far off. Iron Man is a trilogy (and a pretty awesome one at that), but it does have a place with this ride that I have in mind.

Exterior:
    The Carousel Theater is re-themed to the Stark Expo, where all of the latest technologies of Stark Industries are being showcased. Guests receive Fastpass where the Autopia's currently stands.

Queue:
    ---The queue will showcase TVs that provide the backstories throughout. As guests walk up the ramp on the first level, they are greeted by the Avengers "A" logo where the current Innoventions sign stands. The entire facility is now enclosed, rather than have the entry and exits outside.
    ---The first room is the Welcome Center, which is a basic welcome to the Stark Expo.
    ---The second room comes with a quick backstory on the expo and the Stark family, most notably Tony Stark. Stark is also the host of the preshow rooms via voice.
    ---The third room showcases the Iron Man suits, while giving backstory of the Iron Man story.
    ---The fourth queue room showcases the history and backstory of the Avengers (Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow). Here, the story of the first film is explained.
    ---The fifth (and largest) queue room is a showroom features a mega-special effect and serves as the sort of "Library room" from Tower of Terror. Tony Stark enters as Iron Man (similar to his entrance in Iron Man 2) through technology similar to Disaster! at USO to present the industry's newest innovations, most notably the ride vehicles. The presentation is interrupted, however, as Nick Fury sends a transmission that the Tesseract was stolen from Asgard and ended up (where else?) on Earth. To make things worse, some rogue Chitauri have reawakened after being reactivated by a new unknown threat, with them still being on Earth from the New York attack. Fury does not know who or what it is either, but tells Stark to get the expo guests out of the area. Stark knows how much of a threat this is, but plays it smoothly and reveals that the showroom was a cover-up for S.H.I.E.L.D. (through a "revealing" mega-effect similar to Poseidon's Fury in IOA).
    ---Guests are then asked to evacuate through the lower levels, with Stark's prototype transports to get them a safe distance from the located Tesseract. They are led into a smaller room where Jarvis gives the safety spiel.
    ---Guests finally board into small pods that fit four people, but are on a constantly moving station track (like Sky School). The vehicles are actually a recall to Captain America where Howard Stark attempted to make flying cars. The upper part of the vehicle is covered to create the illusion of hovering.

Ride:
    The ride is basically an action-adventure ride similar to TF 3D at Universal. Non-stop action is at every turn, with the riders and Avengers winning out. The blue lines are the screens, and the purple boxes are the elevators in which the riders are transported from level to level.

Shop: Stark Suppliers Co. across from Autopia entrance

Photos: Ride Layout (1st and 2nd Floors), Ride Vehicle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avengers Ride Layout (1st Floor).png 
Views:	396 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	29567

Name:	Avengers Ride Layout (2nd Floor).png 
Views:	404 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	29566

Name:	Picture-1.png 
Views:	389 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	29565

Thoughts?

Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Future Imagineer

Re: Avengers 3D Ride

Awesome job Disneyland Master. My thoughts on it:
    It Could Work - Young Frankenstein - YouTube

But most likely we'll see an Avengers ride as part of a 3rd Gate or a Marvel Land. Awesome idea though.

• The doctor is in

It's not a bad concept at all, but if this ever happened I would suggest it waits until The Avengers 2 is released so they could include more of a storyline and more characters.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Filmmaker

I like the idea, and I agree that going for an Avengers attraction rather than a solo Iron Man one would be a good idea, I'm just not sure I like the idea of basing it on the Transformers ride system. Don't get me wrong, Transformers is fun, but I think having a second primarily simulation based ride in Tomorrowland would feel redundant. I'd also rather see something with some physical sets and actual animatronics.

But yes, essentially I like it. Great ideas

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    It's not a bad concept at all, but if this ever happened I would suggest it waits until The Avengers 2 is released so they could include more of a storyline and more characters.
    That's also a problem, since a second film could shoot down any possibilities in the ride.
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• -

I would much prefer an animatronic heavy dark ride in the spirit of Pirates or Haunted Mansion for the Marvel properties. Any park can put in a 3D simulator, but advanced animatronics and immersive sets are what makes Disney Disney.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

this idea was really well-thought out. I enjoyed reading it a lot! Nice job, I'd be the first one in line

No if it is in Tomorrowland, yes if it is in the 3rd park. There are people that don't want or can not see Iron Man in TL. An Avenger attraction in TL is much more unfavored.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Conceptually...cool. But sorry, not a fan of 3D rides. Or should I say, my stomach is not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    No if it is in Tomorrowland, yes if it is in the 3rd park. There are people that don't want or can not see Iron Man in TL. An Avenger attraction in TL is much more unfavored.
    I agree with Mondo. I can appreciate Iron Man, but not necessarily in Tomorrowland.

As for the Avengers, I just don't like that kind of mash-up at all. Individually, the Avenger characters provide potential for viable stand alone attractions. But I together they just become a jumble of disparate conflicting abilities and personalities that just don't mesh. Especially in a single attraction. An attraction with such a big ensemble cast would not be able to provide enough focus on any character to make it worthwhile (unless the attraction were an hour long).

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    Individually, the Avenger characters provide potential for viable stand alone attractions. But I together they just become a jumble of disparate conflicting abilities and personalities that just don't mesh.
    I take it you're not a fan of comics?

• The doctor is in

Something about animatronics does appeal more to me, though. I would rather see a robot Hulk or Iron Man than a 3D film version pop out at me. I might as well just go see the rest of the Marvel films in 3D without paying park admission.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Something about animatronics does appeal more to me, though. I would rather see a robot Hulk or Iron Man than a 3D film version pop out at me. I might as well just go see the rest of the Marvel films in 3D without paying park admission.
    For Hulk, something along the lines of Ursula at TLM perhaps? And maybe an animatronic Iron Man that flies above the riders' heads?
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

i'm not in favor of marvel in the parks, but nice job on the concept.

however, i personally find the 3d ride systems a little underwhelming. i recently went on the transformers ride for the first time & was pretty disappointed. staring at a bunch of video screens doesn't really do it for me - i want to see the magic through my own eyes, not through some clunky glasses. disneyland is much better off building its rides with animatronics & practical sets!

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    For Hulk, something along the lines of Ursula at TLM perhaps? And maybe an animatronic Iron Man that flies above the riders' heads?
    Something along those lines would be awesome for me. Have an animatronic Thor shoot lightning above everyone as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast