Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Future Imagineer!!

What do you guys do in lines at the parks?

As someone who frequents the parks as often as possible I know that I always bring books or my Nook to read in the lines. My sister does the same thing and my fiance either reads a book, or plays handheld video games, or checks video game news on his phone haha

So it made me curious - what do you guys do in lines? Are you usually part of a group that spends the whole time chatting, or do you bring things along to pass the time?

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: What do you guys do in lines at the parks?

I take pictures usually, or edit the ones that I have already taken. I also people watch. Check my phone for messages/calls.

Chat or check my phone. Maybe play a few phone games. Check mousewait!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I usually have some combination of iphone, ipod and Kindle Fire with me. You can sure read a lot/play lots of games/listen to lots of songs while in the RSR line.

• -

Try to guess who around me rents and who owns property.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Nutty guy from Canada

Depends on who I'm with.

If it's my wife we talk about all kinds of stuff.

If it is my father, I listen while he talks non-stop about all kinds of stuff (I love him but he talks to much... )

If it is my brother-in-law we small talk and then stand in awkward silence for the most part.

In all cases I also people watch, take pictures (if one presents itself), check my phone (out of habit, being from Canada it costs to much to actually use it at the resort) and occasionally, depending on who is standing nearby, I will strike up a conversation with others in the line. My wife and I had a great long chat with a couple and their kids while waiting in line for Toy Story Mania a couple of years ago. That sure does make the line move faster (or at least we think it does).
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

• Evil is Sexy

I take photos, talk with my husband, look for hidden mickey's, talk to guests around us, pick up garbage (always have to from the garden in the HM queue), talk to the CM's, sometimes I'll check my smartphone for wait times or show times but I try to avoid using it since everyone else is accessing the same cell tower and service isn't the best.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Make out, chew gum, talk on my phone, light up a smoke or drink from my flask.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm annoying when I'm queuing up.

• The Pumpkin King

People watch and look around while hiding my excitement at being at Disneyland and in line for whichever ride I'm in line for at the time.

One time when we were in line for Soarin' my boyfriend started telling the kids this really long story about Lobster Larry and his friend Sam Clam. when he got to the end even the adults around us groaned and the kids didn't get it. Now every time we are in line the kids beg him to retell the same story....

Larry Lobster and Sam Clam where best friends. They did everything together. The only difference between them is that Larry was the nicest Lobster ever and Sam, well lets just say he was not so good.

Larry and Sam did so much together that they even died together.

Larry went to heaven and Sam went to hell.

Larry was doing well in heaven and one day St. Peter came up to him and said, "Larry, you know you are the nicest lobster we ever had up here. Everyone likes you but you seem to be a bit depressed. Tell me what is bothering you, maybe I can help."

Larry said, "Well, don't get me wrong Pete, I like it up here and everything, but I really miss my good friend Sam Clam. We used to do everything together and I really miss him a lot."

St. Peter looked at Larry with pity and said to him, "I tell you what, I can arrange it so that you can go down to hell tomorrow and visit Sam all day. How would that sound?"

This made Larry very happy and he got up bright and early the next morning and grabbed his wings, his harp, and his halo and got in the elevator to hell. When the doors opened he was met by Sam. The hugged each other and they were off. You see in Hell Sam owned a disco. The spent the day there together and had a great time. At the end of the day Larry and Sam went back to the elevator together said their goodbyes and Larry got back in the elevator and went up to heaven. He stepped off the elevator and was greeted by St. Peter who blocked the doorway to heaven. He looked at Larry and said, "Larry Lobster, didn't you forget something?"
    Larry looked around and said, "No, I don't think so I have my halo and my wings."

St. Peter looked at him and said, "Yes, but what about your harp?"

Larry gasped and said, "I Left My Harp in Sam Clam's Disco."

• Filmmaker

^ It took me about half a second, but then I rolled my eyes and smiled.

• Minion

ORDDU: This question has been asked many times in the past but I don't mind answering it again. I enjoy getting to know the most handsome hunks I can find in the queue. I just love the challenge of using my feminine wiles to get the attention of the most gorgeous of men. I'm an expert at batting my eyes in just the right way; of offering the most friendly of 'come hither' smiles and waiting to see who is first to take the bait. It's even MORE challenging if the gorgeous guy happens to have another woman with him who is either a girlfriend or a wife. But they really shouldn't care because we all need to learn how to share...

• The doctor is in

People watch, have a conversation with whoever I'm there with, take pictures, complain about the length of the line or celebrate the lack of line, etc..

You know the usual.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Tell my children, not to do this or that, to give people their personal space, don't pick the flowers, don't touch everything, etc...

Talk to my mom and sister, and dance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast