Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Will Star Tours Ever Get A Tweak In It's Motion And Whats The Actual Destination?

1. The original Star Tours is pitch perfect in every single way except for visual transitions. If they updated the original show beat for beat, it would be amazing.

2. The hologram in the new Star Tours is a neat effect but slows the pacing down a bit.

3. The music is really choppy. The reason for this is because no new music was re-recorded or re-orchestrated for the ride. Michael Giacchino and John Williams (this is what I believe as accurate but may not be precise) picked the cues and edited it together. The original Star Tours music was selected from existing Star Wars music, re-recorded by an orchestra conducted by Richard Bellis. Bellis added extra music to go inbetween the main cues linking them together so it felt organic and you almost don't notice it anymore because it's so perfect. Richard also composed the famous Star Tours chime you still hear today.

4. It would be cool if a destination was added randomly over the Gate A, B, C, D, etc so that we can pretend "oh we're going to X planet today!". It can still be random but synced to the ride's first planet destination. The 2nd planet can still be a surprise as is the hologram and opening with Vader or Stormtroopers.

5. Adding new locations to the ride wouldn't be hard but Disney would need the foresight to do it while the new movies are being made. I imagine that Anthony Daniels will return for Episode VII so it wouldn't be difficult to get him to record new dialogue as well.

I'm actually hoping they at least give us two new locations (one new first planet and one new second planet) with each movie release, giving that ride even more longevity and excitement as the years go on.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Pumpkin King

Re: Will Star Tours Ever Get A Tweak In It's Motion And Whats The Actual Destination?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    It's really sad that it's come to this, but at this point the less say Lucas has in Star Wars the better.
    For some reason George Lucas has a fascination with Gungans and Pod Racing.

I think Pod Racing is cool, but I think Star Tours could do without and put something better. I mean, all you do is go straight, do a couple of turns and that's it. Actually, a few other places are like that.

I'd love if a new destination was added where you actually took part in a space battle or something. Currently you're just running away from everything

• The Pumpkin King

What other planets would you all like to see added?

Not every motion simulator can be as good as Transformers!
    Learn How To Lose Fat Without Dieting Ever Again! --> http://www.theantidietsecrets.com

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    1. The original Star Tours is pitch perfect in every single way except for visual transitions. If they updated the original show beat for beat, it would be amazing.

2. The hologram in the new Star Tours is a neat effect but slows the pacing down a bit.

3. The music is really choppy. The reason for this is because no new music was re-recorded or re-orchestrated for the ride. Michael Giacchino and John Williams (this is what I believe as accurate but may not be precise) picked the cues and edited it together. The original Star Tours music was selected from existing Star Wars music, re-recorded by an orchestra conducted by Richard Bellis. Bellis added extra music to go inbetween the main cues linking them together so it felt organic and you almost don't notice it anymore because it's so perfect. Richard also composed the famous Star Tours chime you still hear today.

4. It would be cool if a destination was added randomly over the Gate A, B, C, D, etc so that we can pretend "oh we're going to X planet today!". It can still be random but synced to the ride's first planet destination. The 2nd planet can still be a surprise as is the hologram and opening with Vader or Stormtroopers.

5. Adding new locations to the ride wouldn't be hard but Disney would need the foresight to do it while the new movies are being made. I imagine that Anthony Daniels will return for Episode VII so it wouldn't be difficult to get him to record new dialogue as well.

I'm actually hoping they at least give us two new locations (one new first planet and one new second planet) with each movie release, giving that ride even more longevity and excitement as the years go on.
    1. I agree

2. I agree again

3. I agree a 3rd time. Oooh and ok, so that's why,thanks for the information on that

4. Oh yeah that would be cool! So I agree

5. Agreed again.

I do hope we get more destinations too. Would it look weird if Disney did make new destinations, but used physical props and sets? Because when you would go on the ride, you may go to a CGI place, then to a more real looking place next.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    Not every motion simulator can be as good as Transformers!
    Have not been on it :/

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    I'm actually an Old Republic fan. I think the lore and the stories from it are much more immersive. So, I'm really hoping Disney does something with that era as well. (3,000 years before Episode 4.)

Planets I'd like to see? Dromund Kaas, Hutta, Korriban, Taris, Nar Shaddaa, Voss, Quesh, Corellia, Belsavis... there are so many unused planets and stories.

Plus, I really hate the "rule of two". Bring on the Treaty of Coruscant or the Jedi Civil War, baby!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Has anybody noticed how "rickety" the ride sounds like in the cabin? I was on it last Saturday and thought I was riding an old wooden sailing ship that was about to burst at the seems.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I just hope we get new destinations when the new movies come out
    it would be great if they would occassionally throw in a fly by of planet Druidia, briefly interupting a wedding of a certain Druish Princess and a Prince Valium!

• Filmmaker

Stick with original trilogy locations, I'd say. Tatooine, Yavin IV, Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin, and the forest moon of Endor.

However, I'd actually like to see *fewer* planets. In the original trilogy at least, arguably the most important location in Star Wars is the stars. I'd like to see more space battles, more asteroids, more giant space worms. The original Star Tours smartly took place almost entirely in space; there's far too little of it in this new version.

Incidentally, the lack of time spent in space was one of the many problems with the prequel trilogy as well.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandDragon View Post
    Has anybody noticed how "rickety" the ride sounds like in the cabin? I was on it last Saturday and thought I was riding an old wooden sailing ship that was about to burst at the seems.
    I think it's pretty much always been like that. I think maybe the newer Star Tours has some quieter scenes in it depending on which ones you get, so you just might hear it better now. I was lucky enough when I worked there to be able to watch the simulators from underneath them and it was quite loud. It was also amazing how much they actually move.

By the way, next time you're riding, if you're in line for the very back row, look over the railing and look down between the first sent of doors and the second. It's dark, but you can see a little bit how massively huge the building that you're in actually is.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I'm actually an Old Republic fan. I think the lore and the stories from it are much more immersive. So, I'm really hoping Disney does something with that era as well. (3,000 years before Episode 4.)

Planets I'd like to see? Dromund Kaas, Hutta, Korriban, Taris, Nar Shaddaa, Voss, Quesh, Corellia, Belsavis... there are so many unused planets and stories.

Plus, I really hate the "rule of two". Bring on the Treaty of Coruscant or the Jedi Civil War, baby!
    Aahh ok, cool. Interesting

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Stick with original trilogy locations, I'd say. Tatooine, Yavin IV, Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin, and the forest moon of Endor.

However, I'd actually like to see *fewer* planets. In the original trilogy at least, arguably the most important location in Star Wars is the stars. I'd like to see more space battles, more asteroids, more giant space worms. The original Star Tours smartly took place almost entirely in space; there's far too little of it in this new version.

Incidentally, the lack of time spent in space was one of the many problems with the prequel trilogy as well.
    Yes, i'd like to have a scene where be actually fight against the empire or whoever the enemy is like we did in the original ride instead of running away.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I think it's pretty much always been like that. I think maybe the newer Star Tours has some quieter scenes in it depending on which ones you get, so you just might hear it better now. I was lucky enough when I worked there to be able to watch the simulators from underneath them and it was quite loud. It was also amazing how much they actually move.

By the way, next time you're riding, if you're in line for the very back row, look over the railing and look down between the first sent of doors and the second. It's dark, but you can see a little bit how massively huge the building that you're in actually is.
    I always had this weird fear/fascination with rides inside buildings that had darkness and I would always imagine what it would be like falling down to the bottom

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Cloud City for sure and would not mind even some of the current planets getting updated...like coruscant it just feels so boring to me...maybe add in some things from the now canceled video game 1313 to spice it up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast