Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Dead men tell no tales.

Re: Will Star Tours Ever Get A Tweak In It's Motion And Whats The Actual Destination?

Personally, I live the current version.

As for the confusion about the destination on the ride, the old star tours was tour through the galaxy, with some things going wrong along the way. The new version, I think, is meant to be more of a frantic escape from the empire, with now destination in mind. From the start, you're persued by the empire and have no choice but to jump to light speed without a destination.

• The Pumpkin King

Re: Will Star Tours Ever Get A Tweak In It's Motion And Whats The Actual Destination?

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Personally, I live the current version.

As for the confusion about the destination on the ride, the old star tours was tour through the galaxy, with some things going wrong along the way. The new version, I think, is meant to be more of a frantic escape from the empire, with now destination in mind. From the start, you're persued by the empire and have no choice but to jump to light speed without a destination.
    But we had a specific destination and we knew where we were "supposed" to go. Does sound like a tour of the galaxy to me.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Cloud City for sure and would not mind even some of the current planets getting updated...like coruscant it just feels so boring to me...maybe add in some things from the now canceled video game 1313 to spice it up
    Oooh! A cool scene would be to get chassed by tie fighters in cloud city while following the millennium falcon in a escape path while tie fighters that try to intercept from the front get blown to bits by the millennium falcon and by our star speeder.

I can see it now....

• Minion

Quite honestly, the only thing I like about the new Star Tours is when Darth Vader uses The Force to grab ahold of your ship and swings you around a bit. The rest...meh. It's all over the place. It's like Star Tours: Attention Deficit Edition.

I miss the original.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by diznygrl View Post
    quite honestly, the only thing i like about the new star tours is when darth vader uses the force to grab ahold of your ship and swings you around a bit. The rest...meh. It's all over the place. it's like star tours: Attention deficit edition.

i miss the original.
    lol!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

There's plenty of planets seen in the films to choose from, some work better than others for sure.

-Bespin (Cloud City) - Episode V
    -Cato Neimoidia - Episode III
    -Dagobah - Episode V
    -Endor - Episode VI
    -Felucia - Episode III
    -Kamino - Episode II
    -Mustafar - Episode III
    -Mygeeto - Episode III
    -Polis Massa - Episode III
    -Saleucami - Episode III
    -Utapau - Episode III
    -Yavin - Episode IV

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Well since C3PO isn't actually the pilot and had no way of knowing he'd be shanghaied by a Flight Controller mixup, I doubt he'd know where we were supposed to go anyways.

I'm amazed no one has mentioned this yet.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    Well since C3PO isn't actually the pilot and had no way of knowing he'd be shanghaied by a Flight Controller mixup, I doubt he'd know where we were supposed to go anyways.

I'm amazed no one has mentioned this yet.
    Well I'm not sure if that really matters. When you get on a flight, you are supposed to know where you are going, correct? Again, unless if its really a tour of the galaxy (no destination) then it would make sense.

But then again, this ride doesn't make sense :P

• The one, the only...

It is not about the destination, but the journey! I love the new version since it has so many different experiences. So what if we never get to where we were supposed to be going. That is not important as having a fun time going there. I would say that I hope that with the new Star Wars movies there is even more variation and even some adjustment to the experience to add some twisting sensations. I know that would be more money and adjustments to the mechanism. But I think with the new films there needs to be more experiences and movement.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Moderator

C-3PO may not know where the ship is going but the auto-pilot sure did. The coordinates had to have been programmed for us to fly to wherever the first planet is.

OR we can just pretend that nobody knew and R2-D2 did some last minute escape coordinates that take us to wherever we end up.

•   
    • Minion

I m not a fan of the way they chop up the scenes in the new one either. I actually wished they kept one of the simulators as the old version but just cleaned up the movie or came up with a way to include it in the attraction as one of the random scenes.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Now, I miss the original Star Tours.......

• Banned User

Love the new version. The old version was cool back in the 90s but just felt too outdated. It would be nice if they add new planets in time but the randomness is what makes it so darn cool! It sounds like the OP is saying the new ride is simply missing a line of dialouge like we are heading to so and so. Thats fine, they can add that but again it is about the journey not about the destination. Especially since we never made it on the old destination anyway lol.

• MiceChat Moderator

I just listened to the original Star Tours soundtrack just to refresh my memory and you can clearly tell that the music was reorchestrated and timed properly to go with the action you see on screen. You could hear one theme end and another begin seamlessly. The same was applied to Indiana Jones Adventure (also Richard Bellis).

The new Star Tours is just edited music.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123