Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Best Disneyland Canoeing Memories?

I have a great time every time we ride on the canoes, it amazes me how many people haven't tried them.

What is your best memory of riding the canoes at Disneyland? And if you haven't tried them, why not!?!?!

Re: Best Disneyland Canoeing Memories?

i LOVE riding the canoes! every group I ever go with DREADS it tho! my favorite times are when you get to race another canoe!

I've only been on the canoes once. I will likely not ride again because my spouse doesn't want to work that hard!

The other reason we never rode them is that it's hard to figure out when they're open... I wish they'd post their hours instead of just having a closed for now sign.

• Minion

I remember we were riding in the canoes. The CM in the back of the canoe stopped canoeing and we practically stopped. This is a full canoe with everyone paddling to their full capacity. We were being supported almost entirely by the CM in the back. It was awfully embarrassing.

I hate the canoes because every single time I have been on it there is stupid people(kids and adults) playing around with the paddles and making water splash all over my face!

...and the water doesn't look that clean to me.

sorry if that wasn't a best memory lol

• Familymemories

Our family first tried the canoes in 2008. We are so hooked. We have to do them at least once during our trips. My favorite memory is from our very first time on the canoes. Realizing all the wonderful things we could see from lower level. Love, love, love them.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

My favorite memories are early in the morning before the park opens. The cast member canoe races! 10 people per team and everyone actually ROWING. We zip around the island so fast and some canoers fall into the water. It's fun.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Funny this thread pops up at this exact moment since I just rode the canoes for the first time like...2 weeks ago I think. For my first experience it had to be my best. I went alone sat up front. I was able to talk with another single rider who sat next to me and the cast member up front. We were all just joking and laughing, throwing jokes here and there. And it was actually quite relaxing as well. I dunno, after years of riding all the rough attractions it feels quite nice to just sit back and enjoy the quietness. For me, the best experience has to come from sitting right behind the cast member, which is a very minimal chance of happening again but still the chance is there.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Just this guy......

Years ago I got on the canoes and was joined by about 12 Marines from Camp Pendleton. We went around the Rivers of America so fast you would not believe it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    My favorite memories are early in the morning before the park opens. The cast member canoe races! 10 people per team and everyone actually ROWING. We zip around the island so fast and some canoers fall into the water. It's fun.
    Did it once. Never again! Course I usually chose night shifts during the summer on the attractions I worked, so dragging myself out of bed to get up early in the morning was way too difficult. Especially if you had gone out for breakfast after your shift.

hmmmm...a torn rotator cuff?

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I remember we were riding in the canoes. The CM in the back of the canoe stopped canoeing and we practically stopped. This is a full canoe with everyone paddling to their full capacity. We were being supported almost entirely by the CM in the back. It was awfully embarrassing.
    That's the trick, even if everyone stops paddling, the CMs actually have enough strength (Not sure why: longer paddles? better position from standing? bigger biceps?) to direct the boat.

Being unable to paddle, or not paddling very hard, are not disqualifiers for participating in the attraction.

• formerly very helpful

This is one of my favorite attractions. It's funny how some people love when they go fast, since I'm the opposite. I love a slower ride. I want to be able to lose myself in the back side of the island, among the "wildlife" you can see from the river. It's easy to transport myself to another time and place when much of this continent looked like that. I'd love to be able to just putter around, exploring every little nook and cranny of the shoreline.
    As for my favorite memory, I don't have just one. All of them basically are more or less the same, as far as being a relaxing, theraputic experience. I suppose the time I was there with just me and my daughter. But that was more just the whole 3-day trip more than anything.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Years ago I got on the canoes and was joined by about 12 Marines from Camp Pendleton. We went around the Rivers of America so fast you would not believe it.
    Hu-Ah, that's AWESOME

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Did it once. Never again! Course I usually chose night shifts during the summer on the attractions I worked, so dragging myself out of bed to get up early in the morning was way too difficult. Especially if you had gone out for breakfast after your shift.

Haha yah that's gotta be tough. But it was a great experience for me. It was just bonding with coworkers in a different and fun way. It's what I miss the most about working there.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    hahahaha I pray for that to happen to me. Never does!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast