Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: It's official! 24 hour party goodness!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Info for the Grad Nite attendees on May 24th.

My little brother contacted Disneyland yesterday and they responded quick.

Grad Nite for that day will go on as usual Seniors will be able to enter Disneyland Parks starting at 11AM up until 10PM where they then can hop over to Disney California Adventure and enjoy selected attractions just for the grad nite attendees with wristband up to 3AM.

So I'm guessing the Mad T Party will be closed to the general from 10PM to 3AM?

No. I doubt that the mad tea party will be closed. Maybe certain rides? Truth is I go very often to the parks and don't mind if some rides are closed to non-grad night students. But the mad tea party would be non sensical to close off to the general public.

Anyways, I went last year. I am sad to hear that some ppl had a miserable time.

For me, it was the most magical day ever. Magic was helped by caffeine and a lot of planning on my part. Friends and I lined up at midnight and waited 6 hrs in line in the cold to be one of the lucky ones to get the free Mickey ears. That was my first time lining up for anything like that and it will be my last. LOL. Although I will say that getting photos of the castle, etc., during a sunrise is a magical experience that I won't soon forget. I went home after an hour and slept.

was woken up by my best friend around 10am to go back. Given that it was a weekday, the park was virtually empty. We practically walked on some rides in fantasyland. We decided to do all the rides we neglect due to screaming children = fantasyland. It was magical. Left after four hours or so. Ate outside the park, slept again, showered.... Basically rested.

Finally, left to the park around 7 or 8 and as I expected (given that school was out and ppls workday ended) it was mayhem to get back into park. This is probably what ruined so many ppls experience in February. I was worried that we wouldn't get back in despite our STAMPED HANDS. But we were patient and made our way in. We avoided all rides. We are all annual passholders, so we knew better. We ALL WENT DRESSED IN OUR PJ's and were a hit! The characters dressed in their PJ's and at a special event, the blog hosted, they snapped our photos with characters and the pic was used on the blog. My friends and I were "DISNEY FAMOUS!!" = Disney magic!!!!! LOL. That event was also a tad crazy to get in. Free, but unorganized. There were all kinds of chocolate treats. Chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate dipped cookies, chocolate milk... The chocolate part was a bit much at a certain point, but it was magical. Never have I experienced something so elegant?, so relaxing, so fun at Disneyland. And did I mention I was in my PJ's?? Talk about comfort wear! I made new Disney friends at this event also, that I still hang out at the parks with = Disney magic.

The lines for the characters was the only bit of craziness that we were definitely going to brave. We got photos with all the characters in their PJ's and that 24 hr event was definitely one of the best Disney Days ever, that my friends and I have shared. TRULLY DISNEY MAGIC AT ITS BEST.

ADVICE: plan, plan, plan. Pray to whoever u believe in, to give u the ability to chew coffee beans. Hold hands with your friends and acknowledge there will be things outside of your control and practice in the mirror how to say "I am ok with this" with a straight face. A plan B may come in handy. Get there earlier rather than later. After all, it's a Friday and I assume that after school let's out it will get crazy and after 5 it will be rougher still.

My friends and I are soooooooo going and I CAN NOT WAIT!!

*looking in the mirror now* "if mad tea party is closed till 3, I am ok with this."* this will take me a while to perfect this, but I have until May 24th to let it set in. There is always the pajama party in Toon Town
    Last edited by guessguy84; 04-26-2013 at 11:52 AM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Did it Leap Year. Yeah, I'm done with 24 hours after that.

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Name:  37309104.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  86.1 KB

I had to post it However, those that are going to go to this, kudos and good luck.

I wanted to go to the DLR prior to the Fleetwood Mac concert on Saturday but...seeing as this is happening, no go. Maybe the day after it's all done...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by guessguy84 View Post
    No. I doubt that the mad tea party will be closed. Maybe certain rides? Truth is I go very often to the parks and don't mind if some rides are closed to non-grad night students. But the mad tea party would be non sensical to close off to the general public.
    No he was talking about Mad T Party the dance party at DCA, not the ride!

It may be just for the seniors during that time period, but I'm sure it could be open for everyone since I'm guessing seniors will have a lot of extra entertainment options. I would avoid this 24 hour party like the plague but I would love to be listening to Mad T Party all night and I would probably stay in DCA in the early moring because thats where the alcohol is!

• film975

I don't think Disney would be seriously doing this again unless they've figured out how to handle the massive crowds that'll descend upon the parks this time around. That's probably one of the reasons why they're including the California Adventure in this as well. The DisneyParks blog released a video about how they created the Mike Wazowski projection on Spaceship Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    No he was talking about Mad T Party the dance party at DCA, not the ride!

It may be just for the seniors during that time period, but I'm sure it could be open for everyone since I'm guessing seniors will have a lot of extra entertainment options. I would avoid this 24 hour party like the plague but I would love to be listening to Mad T Party all night and I would probably stay in DCA in the early moring because thats where the alcohol is!
    Right, I understood that. Probably wrote it wrong. I hope mad t party will be open to everyone. It's one of my favorites! The band, the JD, etc. but I'm preparing myself for disappointment in case it is closed to general public. If so, I'll be at the pajama party.

• Minion

Hmm, does Disney REALLY want to make Mad T Party a Grad Nite exclusive for five hours? Think of all the booze they would miss out on selling.

Also, I'm assuming the headlining attractions will be the ones that are "exclusive" to Grad Niters (Screamin', ToT, RSR, TSM...all the ones that 17-18 year olds want to ride)...which will probably tick regular guests off and they'll just head to DL en masse.

In all honesty, I don't think it's fair to grads to have their Grad Nite, a once in a lifetime event, be a "mix-in" with hordes of regular guests who are there for a 24 hour party. But that's just me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by guessguy84 View Post
    Right, I understood that. Probably wrote it wrong. I hope mad t party will be open to everyone. It's one of my favorites! The band, the JD, etc. but I'm preparing myself for disappointment in case it is closed to general public. If so, I'll be at the pajama party.
    Ok I was just confused because you kept saying rides so I wasnt sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Hmm, does Disney REALLY want to make Mad T Party a Grad Nite exclusive for five hours? Think of all the booze they would miss out on selling.

Also, I'm assuming the headlining attractions will be the ones that are "exclusive" to Grad Niters (Screamin', ToT, RSR, TSM...all the ones that 17-18 year olds want to ride)...which will probably tick regular guests off and they'll just head to DL en masse.

In all honesty, I don't think it's fair to grads to have their Grad Nite, a once in a lifetime event, be a "mix-in" with hordes of regular guests who are there for a 24 hour party. But that's just me.
    Good point about the alcohol! They are all too young to drink it so I cant imagine they will miss out on all that money. Honestly though I dont know what Disney is thinking either? Why set it on a Friday at the start of an already busy 3 day weekend on the top of grad night??? Especially after how crazy it got for a day in the middle of the week in Febuary? Its almost as if they WANT a challenge lol.

I didnt REMOTELY want to go last time and couldnt anyway but I will admit with DCA open too that makes it a little more tempting but being specifically on that day just sounds like chaos to me.

I wonder since the new Mickey show is ALSO suppose to open that weekend, will they run special late night morning shows for its debut?

I can't fathom for the life of me how this is gonna work, grad nights are technically only dca with the thought being they get locked in. but this is gonna be a learning process I imagine on Disney's part. Second I imagine a logistical nightmare with a bunch of 18 year old kids trying to get booze and Disney openly and freely selling it to other guest at the same time. maybe a dry dca? it just seem like we all have more questions than answers at this point.

• Can Only Wish For More!

I'm just avoiding the Resort that weekend. I learned my lesson from last time. Took almost an hour to get parking, plus another half-hour just to get through security.

I love the idea, but not over Memorial Day Weekend!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

•   
    • Minion

Sounds cool. I am willing to bet they will staff it better this time. Based on the fact that it;s a holiday weekend means there will be more CMs on duty anyways I would think. Also having two parks open is going to help it as well. The last one was still fun even with the crowds. If I had the money to go I would be there!

Been through all the big attendance days like thanksgiving days, memorial day, last 24hour event was a walk in the park. It was really fun too. There was a conga line near the hub and other places.

• The doctor is in

I agree. That is pretty unfair.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Memorial Day weekend. Memorial Day is on May 27th.
    Thanks - I honestly forgot about Memorial Day...right, end of May. That's going to make the crowds even crazier. Yeah, that settles it, definitely skipping this one.

•   
    • Minion

I agree. It's totally unfair to the grads. If I were at one of the schools that are scheduled for Grad Nite on the 24th I would be upset.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast