Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• World of Color

Re: How will Knotts Berry Farm Renovations and New Rides affect the DLR this summer?

I went to Knotts last Sunday and I was done and bored with everything in 90 minutes. And I love thrill rides. And I've been to Disneyland 50+ times in the last year and I did not get bored a minute.

• No Disassemble!

Re: How will Knotts Berry Farm Renovations and New Rides affect the DLR this summer?

Knott's is doing a good job of moving up a few notches from the status quo. That being said they are not Disneyland, will likely never strive to be Disneyland, and that's exactly the key to Knott's success.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• New Member Goes Forth

Disneyland will be fine due to Cars Land, as not everyone has seen it. However, they will need to add a new attraction by 2014 or 2015.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Ever thought about just getting a lower tier annual pass for Disney? get the deluxe or select.
    In the last 25 years or so we've had a lot of different passes, but with my work schedule (weekends and summers off) Premium just made sense. Deluxe is ok, but still so expensive. My 20 year old daughter is telling me I'd hate the atmosphere at Knotts now. She says too many gangbangers. Really?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Yes Disney is more expensive, that's because it's a higher quality experience than Knotts. Your logic is kind of flawed, it's like saying "why would I eat at Ruth Chris Steakhouse when I can get food for cheaper at Burger King". Yes you can get food at both places, and yes you'll pay less at Burger King, but you'll also get a lower quality product. So in short, yes you'll pay less at Knotts but you won't get the same level of quality that you'd get at Disney.

you get what you pay for.
    That's quite the statement!

We can enjoy both worlds! We have PAP and Knotts season pass! Won't give up any of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Momma View Post
    In the last 25 years or so we've had a lot of different passes, but with my work schedule (weekends and summers off) Premium just made sense. Deluxe is ok, but still so expensive. My 20 year old daughter is telling me I'd hate the atmosphere at Knotts now. She says too many gangbangers. Really?
    Really never seen any gang bangers at Knotts! Maybe when they do Knotts scary farm it is a little more crazy! But me and my husband have enjoyed our time at Knotts. Even the workers seem to be more relaxed than Disney and the people there too! Don't get me wrong Disney is my first love. But sometimes Knotts is a little less stressful.

• Artistic integrity

Matt O. (who's been with Cedar Fair/Knott's for a few years now) seems to be working on the classic thematic elements that made Knott's different than your average amusement park. And as long as he keeps going in that direction ... I'll be pleased. Knott's was recognized for years and years for being a nice "cousin" to Disneyland. A park that appealed to a wide demographic. With the last 15 or so years going to to just the "teens" ... the pendulum has to swing back a bit. We don't need a clone of Six Flags Magic Mountain in Orange County!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Matt O. (who's been with Cedar Fair/Knott's for a few years now) seems to be working on the classic thematic elements that made Knott's different than your average amusement park. And as long as he keeps going in that direction ... I'll be pleased. Knott's was recognized for years and years for being a nice "cousin" to Disneyland. A park that appealed to a wide demographic. With the last 15 or so years going to to just the "teens" ... the pendulum has to swing back a bit. We don't need a clone of Six Flags Magic Mountain in Orange County!
    I'd sure like to hope this is true.

There's nothing wrong with being a cousin to DL; it worked for Knotts for quite a few years. And there's no reason it can't work again.

I can't think of how many times back in the late 70s and early 80s that I'd go the both parks. Each of them had its strong points and weak points, but I could easily spend an entire day at each.

The last two times I went to Knotts (2007-ish), there was no way I could spend a whole day there.

If it were to return to what it once was, you can bet I'd visit every time I go to DL.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The fact that Matt O was hired and started cleaning up the park and refurbing classics is a HUGE step. I know there are people that think it's a hopeless park but you have to start somewhere. Choosing to spend $300 bucks for passes to Knotts AND soak city and not renew with Disney was a choice I made. It's all about value for the money and with the crowds and parking situations alongs with passes going up large percentages every year, I realized it was not longer a good value for the frustration.

Sure I'm a tiny family of three, but I know there's a few of us out there. I can be disappointed with either park, I'm just saving over $800 a year to be let down by a place I have less expectations of.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    The fact that Matt O was hired and started cleaning up the park and refurbing classics is a HUGE step. I know there are people that think it's a hopeless park but you have to start somewhere. Choosing to spend $300 bucks for passes to Knotts AND soak city and not renew with Disney was a choice I made. It's all about value for the money and with the crowds and parking situations alongs with passes going up large percentages every year, I realized it was not longer a good value for the frustration.

Sure I'm a tiny family of three, but I know there's a few of us out there. I can be disappointed with either park, I'm just saving over $800 a year to be let down by a place I have less expectations of.
    A lot of people would agree with you!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post

Very well said!

• some assembly required

On our last DLR trip (6 days ttl), KBF stole a day. Yes, we were pleased with what we saw at the park. It had been a few yrs since we sacrificed a DL day to Knotts.

We spent $$$ at KBF that we would have spent inside DLR. So yes, Knotts will impact the bottom line of DLR. It wont ever be much, but its location will always affect DLR. I think KBF would have gone belly-up if DLR wasn't as close as it is.

EDIT: we saw a purportional amount of "gang bangers" in both parks. I think it's just the nature of the 21st century. And for the record, it is a style and not a group of ppl. I think this style is just one of those things that I don't understand in my late-30s. IMO, the "gang bangers" we saw are total posers and few of the "real" ones would choose to hang out at either location.
    Last edited by JMazz; 04-29-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added info..
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123