Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink How will Knotts Berry Farm Renovations and New Rides affect the DLR this summer?

With The DLR not having anything new this summer as far new attractions and KBF adding a couple of new attractions and also refurbishing the classic Log ride will this affect summer crowds this year , or will the Monstrous Summer at the DLR prevail?

• Team Hail HYDRA

Re: How will Knotts Berry Farm Renovations and New Rides affect the DLR this summer?

Well the expansion at knotts is not a huge addtion. I dont think it will really affect DLR.

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: How will Knotts Berry Farm Renovations and New Rides affect the DLR this summer?

The refurbishment of the log ride is a huge deal to the locals. While DL will still come out on top by a long shot, I'm certain that Knotts will see increased numbers this year over last. If the large numbers continue at Knotts, it could make an impact at DL over the long run, especially if Disney doesn't add anything major in the meantime.

• Team Hail HYDRA

^ it will have to increase Knott's revenue, they didn't add anything

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Sock Puppet

Knotts won't make any dent into Disneys numbers. Knotts has gone backwards in quality over the past few years. They are removing themed rides to add roller coasters, it's essentially turning into a Six flags park.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Knotts won't make any dent into Disneys numbers. Knotts has gone backwards in quality over the past few years. They are removing themed rides to add roller coasters, it's essentially turning into a Six flags park.
    I am letting my premium pass expire and getting instead a Knotts, Sea World, and San Diego zoo membership, and possibly a Universal pass. It will still be cheaper than a premium Disney passport. The fact that Knotts is quite the value will make a small impact on Disney. Not everyone can afford $650 for a premium or even $329 for a So Cal especially when its for a family of 4 or 5. Knotts wins, hands down.

• Beach Expert

Matt Ouimet is now in charge of Cedar Fair. If anything Knotts is going to go forwards now - not backwards matter the Log Ride is refurbed, the Mine Ride is next. And he has acknowledged the necessity of another dark ride going in. Disney has to notice what's going on over there. And as SanDiegoAl indicated the inexpensive passes for Knotts makes it even more attractive than the $300-$650 the Disneyland AP's cost.

lol, the day Knotts impacts Disney's bottom line is the day Disney buys Knotts

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Matt Ouimet is now in charge of Cedar Fair. If anything Knotts is going to go forwards now - not backwards matter the Log Ride is refurbed, the Mine Ride is next. And he has acknowledged the necessity of another dark ride going in. Disney has to notice what's going on over there. And as SanDiegoAl indicated the inexpensive passes for Knotts makes it even more attractive than the $300-$650 the Disneyland AP's cost.
    Yes Disney is more expensive, that's because it's a higher quality experience than Knotts. Your logic is kind of flawed, it's like saying "why would I eat at Ruth Chris Steakhouse when I can get food for cheaper at Burger King". Yes you can get food at both places, and yes you'll pay less at Burger King, but you'll also get a lower quality product. So in short, yes you'll pay less at Knotts but you won't get the same level of quality that you'd get at Disney.

you get what you pay for.

• Beach Expert

Yes Disney is more expensive, that's because it's a higher quality experience than Knotts. Your logic is kind of flawed, it's like saying "why would I eat at Ruth Chris Steakhouse when I can get food for cheaper at Burger King". Yes you can get food at both places, and yes you'll pay less at Burger King, but you'll also get a lower quality product. So in short, yes you'll pay less at Knotts but you won't get the same level of quality that you'd get at Disney.

you get what you pay for.
    That's assuming that Knotts offers a lower quality product. Back in the day when Knotts was still run by the Knott family, KBF in fact offered a similar experience to DL. Perhaps not quite 100% the same but close to it. And the popularity of the two parks back then were actually quite comparable. It's when Cedar Fair came in and started putting in coasters all over the place that this quality started to falter.

Now with new management in Cedar Fair it appears that Knotts is transforming itself into a much better product. It's as if Burger King started serving Ruth's Chris quality beef all of a sudden. But I'd say its more similar to what happened to the DLR during the Pressler days. Matt Ouimet came in and cleaned up and improved DL after the mess that Paul Pressler left behind. As CEO of Cedar Fair he will also do the same with Knotts. Will the increased attendance at Knotts match or exceed the attendance numbers at DL? Probably not. But will the improvements at Knotts equate to a much larger guest population in that park? No doubt about it.

Knotts will not overtake DL for many years if ever But it will be interesting to see how this effects DL's summer crowds, and if this summer will or wont be as crowded as last summer. The OP is asking a very interesting question.

• Foolish Mortal

My wife and I have been tempted to buy passes for KBF, but it seems like many of the awesome rides/walk through's that I remember as a child of the late 70's & 80's are now extinct. I love me some Ghost Town, Log Ride, Mine Train and those types of rides. I've never been into roller coasters, or things that spin, flip, gyrate, etc...

We just are concerned that we would go a couple of times tops, and be burned out. The last 5 times I've visited KBF was for KSF, and that is all. I'd love to go back in the day time to check it all out again.

• Banned User

It wont make a dent to be honest. I dont think a renovated log ride is going to exactly have people spending the night on property to be the first to get through the gates for it. I'm sure KBF attendance may do a little better but I see Knotts the Myspace to DLRs Facebook. No matter what they do its going to be a drop in the bucket until they get some real quality innovative rides and I honestly cant remember the last time they offered one? Its funny DLR still builds some of the best attractions on the planet and people still say its not enough but besides the odd roller coaster or simulator ride around all the other SoCal parks, people seem oddly excited when ANYTHING is added to those other parks for some reason. It is strange.

• Minion

Cediar Fair Needs to go bankrupt already. I mean they cant own knotts forever.
    so someone else can take over Knotts.

• world class bilge rat

I doubt if it'll make a noticeable difference. Maybe, but I doubt it.

I haven't been to Knotts in several years; the last two times I was there, it wasn't very good.

I think though, with Matt at the helm, I'll very likely give it another shot next time I visit DL.

• Banned User

How long has Matt Quimet been there so far? And since he's been there have there been any dramatic changes to the park in their opinion? In fact can someone tell me what what was the last major attraction added they really liked? I think for me it was Ghost Rider and thats what a decade old? And even then its just another wooden coaster I rode all over the place. I think thats the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast