Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• No Disassemble!

Re: What should we expect from the redone Big Thunder?

I hope that they restore Rainbow Ridge and not try to re-imagine it in any way.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    I would really like for them to keep the old lapbars. You are not in any real danger of sliding out, but it does feel that way. However, given how society is now with lawsuits, I can see them going to a MUCH tighter or double lap bars. (But this could limit ridership, as I have seen 3 people many times in those seats!)
    It's not so much sliding out as it is climbing out. With the lap bars the way they are now, they only go down as far as the thickness of the legs of the largest person in the seat. Thus it makes it easier for the person of less girth to turn around in their seat or just slip out of the restraint entirely making them a danger to themselves and others. Individual lap bars would greatly reduce the risk of this.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    What day is BTMRR supposed to reopen on?
    I believe the target reopen date is October 30th.

My kids' Xbox 360 Disneyland game features a prospector's ghost in the Big Thunder section - perhaps a clue as to what may be in store.

I also wonder whether they'll employ the new projection technology we've seen at DLP's Disney Dreams and HK's Mystery Manor to give a more dramatic and lifelike presentation to some of the scenes. For example, I would imagine the swarm of bats in the opening scene, or the uncovering of the gold seam on the final lift hill would lend themselves to this kind of treatment.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    But I also agree that the lap-bars need to be updated a bit. The seats are too slick; I always feel like I'm going to be thrown out, and find myself sliding side-to side.
    And yet... no one has been thrown out of their seat in 30+ years. Why fix what's not broken?

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's not so much sliding out as it is climbing out. With the lap bars the way they are now, they only go down as far as the thickness of the legs of the largest person in the seat. Thus it makes it easier for the person of less girth to turn around in their seat or just slip out of the restraint entirely making them a danger to themselves and others. Individual lap bars would greatly reduce the risk of this.
    Again, 30+ years of testing contradicts this.

Ultimately I doubt there will be anything noticeably new, and I think its wrong to expect anything huge. It would just lead to disappointment as it did with those who expected a lot from the Matterhorn refurb. These rides are aging, they just need to be rebuilt for practical purposes.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• the rockawho?

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Hey Michael! Good to see you over here. I'll get to pass judgement in a few weeks, hopefully it isn't too bad.. The tracks were VERY rough before, but hopefully the rumors that it is much slower, albeit smoother aren't that accurate...

hey matt! glad to see you over here as well...

hopefully, you will like the matterhorn improvements more than me....

i'm just happy we didnt wait a long time in line...when they ropened, the average wait time was over a hour and half long.....we got in line at the right moment after it momentarily broke down....we waited about 10 minutes

i agree with ryan, the new bobsleds are not that great....we sat in the first two seats, and we could feel the back bobsled lag which caused us to slow down a great deal.....

hopefully, big thunder mountain stays the same speed or faster...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123