Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Re: Best locations/CM types to pin trade with in Disneyland and DCA?

Sorry one other note about eBay. You will find 0000s of people selling pins. My experience is those selling individual pins, not of te same booster or scrapper types are probably safe. I use it to add to my collection a lot. Many are people jus trying to sell parts of their collection for some cash or clear some room.

Spend some time on there look around and you can probably tell who is legit and not

I've found the best time to do pin trading is on Main Street first thing in the morning. So many CMs there to greet us as we're walking in.
    Plus, the shops, earlier in the day before it gets too busy. Most shops have a board or book behind the counter as well you can trade from.
    Parade/Show times- there are tons of CMs setting up & many have lanyards. One time- there was group of CMs discussing some important business but 1/2 of the 10 or so had lanyards on. I just had to ask. Glad I did, finished 3 sets I was working on as a result.

I've never had a bad experience with a CM. I've even had some approach me & ask to see all my pins.

I find that pins I trade off other park guests are more special, because they can say no. I just ask them if the ones on their lanyard are their traders. (I keep my special ones at home & so do many others)
    I meet so many other people who are not die hard pin collectors & they see my lanyard & say darn I should of brought mine.
    I love being in the pin shops when there is a 1st time buyer/trader. The glimmer in their eye & then getting excited when someone wants to trade with them, fun.

BEST PART OF PIN COLLECTING: When you're meeting a character & they see you have a pin with them on it. Or they ask or imply where is one with them.
    Chip & Dale were too adorable when I said that they were my favorite & kept them safe at home.
    Capt. Hook- saw my Peter Pan pin & went all Disney "crazy" at the character breakfast.
    Tinkerbell, Alice, Mary Poppins & the Fairygodmother love pins too, always comment when they see my lanyard.

I now have 2 cork boards that are covered in pins. I need a 3rd. Part of my Disney display along with my ears collection. Now all I have to is glance before going out the door what pins I need to watch out for (& my ocd I have a check list on my phone LOL) I just felt the books were no fun way to keep them. You work so hard to complete the sets, gotta show those baubles off
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

I like the cork board idea. I was wondering how to display them instead if on lanyards that will never leave the house.

For those that suggested trading with others in line, that sounds intriguing. To me it would seem you would have a better chance of getting something good than the same scrappers the CMs have.

Unfortunately with so many bad eBay lots out there, they are diluting the pool of good things to trade for. I are that when my sons trade, it is te same things on each CM's lanyard. Too many fakes and bad ones dilute others pool.

A really good time/place to pin trade is on Main Street/around the Castle area before and after the parades and before the fireworks. The cast members in red vests and black ties are usually just standing around, so most of them will pin trade to make the time go by quicker!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12