Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

What were your "must-do" things at Disneyland when you went with your family?

When I was a kid growing up in So Cal, our family would go to Disneyland for one full day a year every year. It was the day that I most looked forward to, and there were certain things that we did every single year without exception. Mostly they were the things that my dad loved. The first thing we always did was visit the bathrooms on Main Street by the Fire Engine (that would be my mom's thing), but after that we always rode the train around the park first, then made our way over to the west side of the park so that by lunchtime we'd be at the Hungry Bear Restaurant, and always saw the Country Bear Jamboree. Once Star Tours opened that became a must-do as well. What kinds of things did your family always do at Disneyland?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Foolish Mortal

Re: What were your "must-do" things at Disneyland when you went with your family?

My grandparents LOVED the Country Bear Jamboree, so that was always a must-do when we went to the parks with my aunts, uncles, cousins and my parents. From there it was Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and then Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. After that it was pretty wide open, but we always closed with IASW.

I was very fortunate that my grandparents always surprised us every Christmas with tickets to Disneyland for my family, and my cousins, aunts, & uncles. It was a tradition for us all to go the day after Christmas almost every year. I want to say from when I was 7 - 11 years old. Back when it was all truly magical for me. (it still is, but you know what I mean)

• Evil is Sexy

Re: What were your "must-do" things at Disneyland when you went with your family?

Country Bear Jamboree, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Submarines (before Nemo), Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Disneyland Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Matterhorn, one parade and fireworks.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• -

Going to the restroom prior to getting in a long line was always a must do when I was a kid. Now I practice the same thing with my own kids. Nothing worse than having to get out of line when you are toward the front and a little one decides they have to go and they have to go NOW!!!
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

My parents love It's a Small World and the Tiki Room. They always would drag us in there despite all three of us not wanting to go inside.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Wished I lived closer!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Going to the restroom prior to getting in a long line was always a must do when I was a kid. Now I practice the same thing with my own kids. Nothing worse than having to get out of line when you are toward the front and a little one decides they have to go and they have to go NOW!!!
    Haven't you heard from some of the other threads? It is perfectly ok to let your little one go to the bathroom while in line! Just pick a corner, plant, tree, someone's foot etc and you are all set!

• Minion

Love this thread. Our family would also go once a year for the entire day.... And we KNEW it was once a year, so we ran around quite a bit to try and get to everything. Every visit as a kid I would buy a hat. Not ears, or some park themed hat, but an original hat from one of the great hat shops. I still have some of them. We always visited Mr. Lincoln on the way out, it was the last thing we did before heading back to the car. When circlevision was still there, that was always a must as I remember. And all of us at one point or another did the silhouettes. It wasn't until the last few years that I've been going that we stay for more than a single day... such a luxury.

We always get a Dole Whip, and ride: Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, POTC, HM, Splash Mountain, BTRR, IASW, Matterhorn , Space Mountain, Star Tours, Fantasyland. Gee, just about everything as we go for multiple days lol

• Minion

Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Haunted Mansion are the rides that everyone in my family goes on when we go to Disneyland.
    Last edited by frollofan; 04-26-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joannaorange View Post
    Haven't you heard from some of the other threads? It is perfectly ok to let your little one go to the bathroom while in line! Just pick a corner, plant, tree, someone's foot etc and you are all set!
    And my human was worried that, as a Service Dog, I wouldn't fit in with the other guests.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Haunted Mansion are the rides that everyone in my family goes on when we go to Disneyland.
    Those 3 are our "musts" as well.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

My personal must-dos were: Tiki Room, Country Bears, Peoplemover, Star Tours, Peter Pan, Main Street Electrical Parade, Mad Tea Party, Motor Boat Cruise, Autopia, the Carrousel, Submarine Voyage...... that's all I can think of. We would normally go once per year. Living in Moreno Valley, it wasn't a long drive for us, so that was a nice perk.

We always had to go in The Tiki Room as well as ride Small World.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Bring back the Keelboats!

When I was young and we first started going, we always rode the Bobsleds. I would sit with my dad and listen to him laugh all the way through the ride! We would see Mr. Lincoln and argue if it was a real man or not (this was back in the '60's that we first started going!). We all loved Pirates and would also spend time on Tom Sawyer Island.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Still lost in Neverland

we started going to Disneyland when it first opened. And the big thing back then was to have lunch or dinner at the chicken restaurant by the rivers of America. My dad used to love sitting out on the porch watching the river traffic and eating the delicious chicken. We always took a ride on the Mark Twain. And of course in tomorrowland, we always went to the moon.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast