Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Re: What has to happen to make you stay at DCA the whole day!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyeF View Post
    I think that if Disneyland was not next door, a lot of people would have no trouble spending a full day at DCA. But with Disneyland right across the way...that's hard to pass up.
    Ditto that's probably it , off topic that's why whenever they make the so called 3rd park it cannot fail from day one because guests will not have the walking distance like they do from DL to DCA and guests will leave the resort because the freeway will be closer than the other parks

I ran out of time with only 1 1/2 days allocated for dca last time. Spent less time then I planned at DL(nothing really new).

• The doctor is in

I could and probably will spend a full day at DCA. It's actually fairly easy to spend a whole day because the park hours are always shorter than Disneyland. 2-3 hours could be spend in Cars Land alone depending on what time of day you go.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

DCA now usually operates on the same schedule minus on one hour. So if DL is open from 8am-12pm then DCA will be 8am-11pm

• Down Pluto!

...um...they have to let me in.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Still lost in Neverland

really it is Cars land. I just feel so at home there for some reason I do not understand it's like comfort food I don't want to leave. Buena Vista Street also has some nice stores and I enjoyed looking in them.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

There aren't enough rides for me. We're not parade people.

• Triggering Biggering

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with emersion. Disneyland's had 50+ years to work on it's atmosphere to a real work of art, whereas I think DCA is still in the stages of trying to figure out a better atmosphere. Not just for certain areas of the park, but all areas. Bugs Land and Paradise Pier are fantastic with this, but something just seems to be missing from other areas of the park. I can't quite put my finger on it.

In any case, I think DCA will get there! They're working hard to fix this from when the park first opened, and I know they've been taking lots of notes to figure out what they need.

Speaking of Bugs Land, it would be nice if that area of the park would have more family-centered, or rather, an adjustment that all ages would love to go to. It mainly feels like a kiddy park for the little ones; which is nice, but I think it could be capable of more somehow.

Edit: I know CarsLand is also a major enviornment emersion, so don't think I wouldnt include that, haha
    I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.

• i believe in faeries.

i have always spent a full day DCA... first day, disneyland all day, second day, DCA all day. any additonal days (3-5 or whatever) are usually spent park-hopping between the two. then again, i always liked DCA, i don't really get why it gets so much flack.

2-3 more E tickets, around 5-7 more GOOD A-C tickets to help dispers crowds, a cute affordable table service restaurant like carnation cafe, a better parade, Level PP or MAJORLY beautify it, and expand CL into remaining lot and bugs land.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I love the new BVS and Cars Land is an improvement (I also love Tower of Terror area and National parks area), but for a lot of areas of DCA it still lacks the magic, charm, and immersion of Disneyland.

You walk into Adventureland, Frontierland, New Orleans etc. and you are are transported and there is so much to do and see. There are large trees and waterfalls, flowers everywhere, a river and boats, a train circling the park, great music and theming and smells wafting through the air.

I agree with PP that I want to be immersed. I want to feel like I've stepped into a new land. I think DCA is moving in the right direction but there needs to be more. They need to do more with Condor Flats and the Hollywood area. I think they really missed the mark with the new Little Mermaid ride. When you look at the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, or Thunder Mountain you are transported. When you look at Little Mermaid... it is like a part of a mall. They took up too much space making something that is not an E ticket and is not pleasant to look at. I think they may eventually have to tear it down, and Goofy Sky School, and retheme that whole side of Paradise Pier. A couple more E-tickets would help DCA, too.

It is still not a full day park for our family at this time. Our kids beg to go back across the esplanade after a few hours.

It really needs about 3 more Fantasyland-style darkrides based on classic Disney properties. Little Mermaid was the right idea, if not a perfect execution, and it does open the door wide to non-California connected rides.

• world class bilge rat

More slow rides. I don't like thrill rides, and there simply aren't enough slower rides for me to stay all day.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that I've missed some of the stuff that I'd enjoy simply because to me, it's not easy getting around in DCA. Oh, I can be on my feet all day, no problem, but it took me about a half-dozen visits before I found MuppetVision. And several others that I enjoy.

It seems like I can walk for a long time and get basically nowhere.

DL is just the opposite; if I walk for more than a minute or so in any direction, there'll be something I like.

• World of Color

DCA 1.0 I would spend at least half a day and be done (no nighttime spectacular) DCA 2.0 Easily a day and a half with the best show ever World of Color.

My family and I (a group of 14 or so) can spend a whole day at DCA but more likely than not we split both parks in a day. our vacations are usually a week long so maybe we feel more free to jump around. I think the biggest thing is shutting down paradise pier for world of color. The show is good but it doesn't need to be seen every trip. I'd rather ride rides. California screamin' is fun but the best time to ride a coaster is at night (ex. Matterhorn, thunder) so for me that's the most disappointing part. If there was a way to keep those rides open during the show I think it wouldnt clutter the people to the point where they feel forced to leave and go to disneyland.
    Last edited by Cjedwards44; 04-28-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Didn't finish

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast