Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Seed and Mulch

Re: What has to happen to make you stay at DCA the whole day!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    DCA needs an audio animatronics extravaganza along the lines of Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion. Also, (I highly doubt that this will ever happen) I wouldn't mind seeing the Country Bears coming out of west coast hibernation.
    This is it exactly.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I have spent the entire day at DCA before, I mean Disneyland is Disneyland but come on, DCA is an entire park that can NOT be experienced in one single day. I understand many here get to revisit it on multiple occasions but people like me who have to travel there once every 1 to 2 years, well DCA becomes an all day affair.

I can't visit every attraction and see every display in one single day. I've had to miss some things on one trip and finally do them on another trip while still missing other parts of DCA.

DCA has and will still be an all day park for me at least. I don't understand why people chose to go to DCA during the day and rob its nightly offerings by going to Disneyland for their nighttime offerings. DCA at night is a thing of beauty that you just can't get in Disneyland.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I find that I spend most of my time at DL when here and at Magic Kingdom in WDW.

• Minion

I don't think DCA isn't a full-day park so much that it's not as 'full' as DL. You can easily spend a day at DCA, but you can also easily spend two at DL. Compared to DHS or AK, DCA is pretty packed! Assuming every major ride takes about an hour to knock out when you consider queue time, ride time, walking distance, etc, look at it this way.

RSR (if you hit it first thing in the morning), ToT, Screamin, GRR, Soarin, and TSM would take you about six hours to knock out. Then you grab lunch and dinner which could take you a couple hours as well. All the smaller rides along PP, potentially Bugs Land, and TLM + Monsters Inc bring you to another couple hours. Account for shopping time and seeing shows, and then the WoC veiwing at the end of the day, and you've got a pretty full day ahead of you!

• Goofy

dca needs more rides thats how some people are entertained and having fun.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    IMO there's still quite a bit of work that's needs to be done before it can really become a full day park. But of course, that's just for me personally.
    yep. dca is not that big of a park. small actually. needs more lands though.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I just feel like CA Adventure needs more smaller offerings. CA Adventure needs more places to explore; the park doesn't have a Mark Twain, a Tom Sawyer Island, etc. Little things like that make me stay in the park more.
    exactly thats what it needs more exploring lands around the areas. yeah its the little things that make up a full day.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I find the charm level fine, like the food, like the ambiance and detail of a lot of areas, like walking through the park, all since they updated it - but the problem with DCA for me is simple: there's only one attraction I'd gladly wait 30-45 minutes for there. (It's Tower of Terror).

MuppetVision, I'll wait for, see the whole preshow. Junkyard Jamboree, I'd wait 15 minutes. Screamin', 15-20 minutes. Little Mermaid or Monsters Inc, 10 minutes. Midway Mania not worth the wait for me, nor RSR if it's over half an hour posted. So the trouble is, there's not much there attraction-wise I love besides Tower, regardless of good food, ambiance, and much improved visuals and detail in areas of the park. If I am not compelled to ride the rides, compared to all the ones I'd gladly wait for (Mansion, Pirates, Toad, Space Mountain, Big Thunder) mixed in with quality 'smaller' experiences with less wait times at DL (Lincoln, Snow White, Pinocchio, Casey Jr., the railroad, Mark Twain, etc etc), there's simply less to do, so DCA gets boring in terms of actually doing things not involving eating or soaking up ambiance (both of which are of course worthwhile).

that kinda summons it up for me too .

• world class bilge rat

Maybe introduce stuff that's not strictly California.

Yes, it is titled California Adventure, but a few things that are close but not exact wouldn't hurt.

My family goes to DLR at least 3 times a month (if not more). Within the last 6 months or so we find ourselves going to DCA a lot more that DL. We spend all day at DCA without ever thinking of going to DL (not that we don't love the original). Since the refurb of the park we find a lot more to do there with the added shows and rides. Our children love Cars Land, the Midway, Monsters Inc., Arial's Undersea Adventure, The Redwood Challenge Trail, and especially Bug's Land because of Princess Dot's Puddle Park. Luckily my husband and I do as well. So there are tons of things for them to and we get the big rides for us!. The food is really good and let's face it, who doesn't love the Mad T Party at night?

www.mousypants.com

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Maybe introduce stuff that's not strictly California.

Yes, it is titled California Adventure, but a few things that are close but not exact wouldn't hurt.
    other than space stuff,continuation of fantasyland would have been nice. like sleeping beauty ride.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I find the charm level fine, like the food, like the ambiance and detail of a lot of areas, like walking through the park, all since they updated it - but the problem with DCA for me is simple: there's only one attraction I'd gladly wait 30-45 minutes for there. (It's Tower of Terror).

MuppetVision, I'll wait for, see the whole preshow. Junkyard Jamboree, I'd wait 15 minutes. Screamin', 15-20 minutes. Little Mermaid or Monsters Inc, 10 minutes. Midway Mania not worth the wait for me, nor RSR if it's over half an hour posted. So the trouble is, there's not much there attraction-wise I love besides Tower, regardless of good food, ambiance, and much improved visuals and detail in areas of the park. If I am not compelled to ride the rides, compared to all the ones I'd gladly wait for (Mansion, Pirates, Toad, Space Mountain, Big Thunder) mixed in with quality 'smaller' experiences with less wait times at DL (Lincoln, Snow White, Pinocchio, Casey Jr., the railroad, Mark Twain, etc etc), there's simply less to do, so DCA gets boring in terms of actually doing things not involving eating or soaking up ambiance (both of which are of course worthwhile).
    This pretty much sums it up!

• Sock Puppet

As long as I don't plan on watching Fantasmic, and I watch Aladdin and WoC, I can easily spend the entire day there.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I can already spend all day at DCA- if they add more I'll spend that much longer.

• Closed Account

I don't think there is anything Disney can do to make DCA a full day park for me. It never had the Disney magical touches that Disneyland had, nor did it have the nostalgic/old time/reminiscent feel that Disneyland had. I find DCA even with the Carsland expansion very un-Disney in a lot of ways. That's not to say that DCA is not Disney themed, it's just that the rides don't seem to scream Disney like Disneyland's do. The rides that are the exception are Radiator Springs Racers, Ariel, and Monster's Inc which we actually just discovered on our last visit. When they built Ariel, it was so out of place at DCA. We would literally walk over to DCA just to ride Ariel. I started wondering why Disney didn't put Ariel in Disneyland, in Fantasyland, where it belongs.

In Disneyland, every ride screams Disney. There is themeing, characters, it just has that Disney feel. Honestly, walking into Cars Land, even it is very un-Disney like more of a Route 66 feel. And while I get that is the theme of Cars Land and Disney did a remarkable job on it, it doesn't scream Disney. And the Luigi's Flying Tires, so lame it's funny ride we laughed the whole time, but seriously, a tire ride doesn't scream Disney to me either.

I think the shows are the other weak link. World of Color has never had the "wow" factor for me that Fantasmic has had. And the fact that to get decent seating you have to plan ahead in your day and can't be just spontaneous about it makes it even less appealing. We actually have a DVD of World Of Color that is better than actually being there. The fireworks are one of our favorite night time attractions, and of course the best viewing of them is at Disneyland, so one more reason to not go to DCA in the evenings.

The whole Newsies thing is ridiculous at DCA. It was a huge flop when it was released as a movie. Just because it's a hit on Broadway doesn't make the film any good. It takes away from the Disney magic. I think Disney went wrong with DCA when they tried to make it California themed and not Disney themed. Even Soarin' Over California has no Disney elements to it. When I go to a Disney theme park, I go for the Disney atmosphere, not for the rides, for rides, I would go to Magic Mountain not Disney, but maybe that's just my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast