Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Original ideas/ properties that actually fit in the Hollywood backlot area

With this monstropolis rumor, I was thinking about other ideas that could fit much better into Hollywoodland than monstropolis. The one I'd like to see the most is Maroon Studios with a backlot adventure feat. Roger Rabbit, a coaster where you escape the wrath of Judge doom and the ink and paint club where the mad arcade is. They could also go the mickey's _____ route. Maybe just keep it as a general backlot in the Golden Age. I'd also love to see muppet studios come to fruition. Maybe they could also try having a small si fi/monster film themed area using IP's from that era (nosferatu, dr. Jekyll and mr Hyde, Godzilla etc.) as well as a frankenweenie ride ( since it is an homage to classic monster films) and maybe some twilight zone character appearances. Do you guys have any ideas?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Original ideas/ properties that actually fit in the Hollywood backlot area

I know some may be against it...but a Mystic Manor set in Hollywood would make sense if you were in a retired directors mansion and he had all his props from his old movies come to life

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I know some may be against it...but a Mystic Manor set in Hollywood would make sense if you were in a retired directors mansion and he had all his props from his old movies come to life
    I wouldn't an attraction in vein of MM would be cool...I just don't want a whole clone even if it's overseas

• Heavy Breather

I like the OP's Roger Rabbit idea.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I like this idea a lot but change the Prop house owner.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Under that tree again!

I'd most like the area themed to pre 50s to match the rest of the land.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I like this idea a lot but change the Prop house owner.
    Interesting there is something already along those lines.

Max Factor did makeup in early LA's early film days. The Max Factor building in Hollywood houses a memorbilia museum. This building facade is on DCA's Animation Academy.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Anything Sci-fi horror presented as an old b-movie double feature
    Great movie ride
    Rodger Rabbit
    Film noir related attraction
    The incredibles
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Minion

^the incredible a would be nice to somewhat represent science fiction

•   
    • Minion

I would like to see them pay tribute to Walt's classic cartoons and create a sub land based on all of the cartoons and characters from the 20's and 30s. How about instead of the Monsters door coaster and Plane Crazy coaster instead. A dark ride for Steam Boat willie perhaps. Walk around Characters for Pete and Oswald as well as black and white versions of other characters. Maybe more than just one dark ride who knows. That area where Monsters inc is now is a big waste of space IMO they could do a lot.

I have mentioned it countless times before but instead of the great movie ride how about a version that features Walt Disney animated classics in chronological order starting with Snow White and ending at 1950 or whatever date is feasible.

• Disneylander

I would love a Lonesome Ghosts dark ride.

I would like to see the muppet vision theatre given a new facade to reflect the actual building in LA (maybe have the facade take over award wieners) and maybe even given a new show. The muppets are great and they are fun and shouldn't be shunned the way it is in the park. maybe even a muppet pop up musical show.

I have been thinking for a while that it would be neat to make the backlot area an ethnic subland. Make it a mini chinatown, give the buildings real nicely themed facades. Move the chinese food place here, and maybe add a 'chinese history' museum that can maybe lead into a Mulan dark ride. Make it fun and educational with a franchise tie in. There are these odd hints at california's chinese history sprinkled throughout the park that make me shudder! they should be represented respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I would like to see them pay tribute to Walt's classic cartoons and create a sub land based on all of the cartoons and characters from the 20's and 30s. How about instead of the Monsters door coaster and Plane Crazy coaster instead. A dark ride for Steam Boat willie perhaps. Walk around Characters for Pete and Oswald as well as black and white versions of other characters. Maybe more than just one dark ride who knows. That area where Monsters inc is now is a big waste of space IMO they could do a lot.

I have mentioned it countless times before but instead of the great movie ride how about a version that features Walt Disney animated classics in chronological order starting with Snow White and ending at 1950 or whatever date is feasible.

All of this is BRILLIANT! Yes Biggsworth, I'm totally with you on all of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbo34 View Post
    I would love a Lonesome Ghosts dark ride.
    Another great idea!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MochaCat View Post
    I would like to see the muppet vision theatre given a new facade to reflect the actual building in LA (maybe have the facade take over award wieners) and maybe even given a new show. The muppets are great and they are fun and shouldn't be shunned the way it is in the park. maybe even a muppet pop up musical show.

I have been thinking for a while that it would be neat to make the backlot area an ethnic subland. Make it a mini chinatown, give the buildings real nicely themed facades. Move the chinese food place here, and maybe add a 'chinese history' museum that can maybe lead into a Mulan dark ride. Make it fun and educational with a franchise tie in. There are these odd hints at california's chinese history sprinkled throughout the park that make me shudder! they should be represented respectfully.
    well there is a Chinatown in LA which is one of the major ones along with the one in San Fransisco. I could see this fitting into hollywoodland, or really as it's own land in general!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast