Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

They ever going to reopen the fort or do anything with the North end of TSI?

Not really sure why they closed the fort in the first place, and the North end of the island seems like it would be perfect for some nature-themed attraction. I know they've got the Cedar Creek Challenge Trail over at DCA, but could work in some wilderness explorer stuff (workshops perhaps) on the N. end of Tom Sawyer island.

Also seems like they aren't doing much with where the old mine ride used to be adjacent to Big THunder, and northward...

• Triggering Biggering

Re: They ever going to reopen the fort or do anything with the North end of TSI?

Ooooooooohhh it would be GREAT if they could find something to replace or enhance the Cedar Creek Challenge Trail.... But the big question is with what. It's nice they've looked into a physical interactive enviornment like that.

As for the area where the old mine ride used to be, it would be pret-ty nice to have something there besides scenery maybe, but it might cause some crowding in that walkway area.

Interesting things to consider!
    I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A. ~

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: They ever going to reopen the fort or do anything with the North end of TSI?

I don't think that will work because of all the equipment on that end of the island for Fantasmic.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Under that tree again!

Cedar makes good chests. Redwood Creek has the trees to make decks.

What I would like is a ride that goes under the Rivers of America and comes back up on TSI. Or else a queu under the river and attraction on the island.

Most likely we will see those areas chance when the land is expanded north of ROA.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Missing my AP

Closed in part I believe due to the gun turret accident taking off a kid's finger as well as other cost of safety issues. Maybe with The Lone Ranger movie coming out it will turn into TSI again.(Tonto's Secret Island )
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

• Johnny and Me!

I heard Fort Wilderness had closed because of termite damage. It hadn't been fumigated in years.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    I heard Fort Wilderness had closed because of termite damage. It hadn't been fumigated in years.
    The fort has been rebuilt but mainly it is used as a Fantasmic dressing room now. Too bad they can't re-open it with a snack bar like it was before Fantasmic.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I was there today - there are tables and chairs for CMs to take smoke breaks, from what I peeked.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

And btw it's Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

Redwood, the state tree.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I was there today - there are tables and chairs for CMs to take smoke breaks, from what I peeked.
    Well, yes. But the smoking isn't in the fort.

And it would be hard to open it back up for the public again. There are a few smaller buildings in there now that house break rooms and supplies for Fantasmic as well as a permanent trailer with additional restrooms for the show cast.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I had also heard that the original fort was torn down due to termite damage. But that's management's fault during the Pressler years. They could have saved that iconic structure had someone better been in charge.

ORGOCH: Yeah, the park sure suffered a lot under that goomer called Pressler! It's a wonder the whole dang park didn't fall apart whilst he was in charge!

The rumblings I heard is that TSI was an ADA nightmare, and management at the time decided it was not feasible to make it compliant.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Pretty sure you don't have to retrofit for ADA. Only that new development need apply.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Pretty sure you don't have to retrofit for ADA. Only that new development need apply.
    Because it was entirely rebuilt, it would have to be ADA compliant.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Bring back the Keelboats!

It would be great to have it open again. I loved going through the fort in the Magic Kingdom at WDW last year. My grands loved it even though it was raining and stayed until we were all chased out.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast