Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Is Disney Making a Mistake With the Trackless Ride Vehicles?

Its flat so it is bad?

Spider-Man is flat. It isn't bad. Harry Potter is flat. It isn't bad. Mr Toad's Wild Ride was flat. It was excellent. Pooh's Hunny Hunt for sure is kick ***, and it is flat. It what the ride does. Dinosaur isn't flat...so does that make it better than the ones I referenced? Hell no.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQ9 View Post
    The Florida ToT "defeats my point"? It supports my point! While the ride vehicles move horizontally in a single plane, the elevators lift them to various other levels of the attraction. Thus -- a "one floor" ride vehicle can be used in a multistory attraction building.
    It defeats your point because it shows how there are means to move around a ride vehicle. Why would it not be possible for the LPS system to use an elevator? Or to lock into a tracked vehicle for fast drops and turns? Part of the reason LPS vehicles operate on a plane is the mechanical requirements that would be needed for a vehicle to properly control itself on a grade. Or what happens if power is lost while on a grade?
    This. Clearly trackless CAN operate on multiple planes as ToT (and Transformers kind of) show. Thus a trackless vehicle can lock into a tracked vehicle to accomplice specific motions and, as lazyboy points out, the motions of said tracked vehicle theoretically could be expanded to accomplish fast drops/turns etc. Moreover, the video in post #9 demonstrates how that vehicle's motion could be expanded even further. But again at that point my question is: why??? If you need a ride to do roller coaster type motions, just built it as a roller coaster.

If what you're getting at is that trackless vehicles cannot move down sloped surfaces etc, I don't think that is the case. Theoretically there is nothing to stop this type of innovation, I just don't think there has been a need for it yet.

Ultimately the attraction vehicle style services the story, not the other way around. Here they are operating with a single plane trackless system because that's all they need. So again, how would elevation changes facilitate the storyline of Pooh or Mystic Manor? And to that point, how would elevation changes improve Mr. Toad or Snow White.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Moreover, the video in post #9 demonstrates how that vehicle's motion could be expanded even further.
    The vehicles that will be used at Antartica: Empire of the Penguin are not only trackless, but also feature a motion base that will allow for expanded movement.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The vehicles that will be used at Antartica: Empire of the Penguin are not only trackless, but also feature a motion base that will allow for expanded movement.
    I had no idea, this gives me even more of an incentive to get out there and see it.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123