Disneyland in November, possibly. Is Magical still the fireworks display then?

Just wondering, we were there last September and it was a lovely time. We won't be able to make it out there this year again that early, but maybe in October or November, if at all. This time we would love to bring our 2 year old son (will be 2 and a half by then).

Wanted to ask a couple of things. First off, I loved the Magical Fireworks display, and I know that is generally the summer show but when does it usually end and switch over? Also, one thing my son loves in watching the videos is seeing Dumbo fly over the Castle. Is that th same in the other shows?

If we go in November it won't be around Thanksgiving, but early November at the latest. We swam in the beaches a lot last year and the water was fine in September especially once you got in. For the California natives, how is the water in early November? Unswimmable? Or are the beaches still busy with people?

Thanks.

Re: Disneyland in November, possibly. Is Magical still the fireworks display then?

As far as the fireworks go, I know that on November 14th the park makes it's official transition over to the Christmas theme. I would guess that the Christmas fireworks would start around that week as well.

And the ocean water in early November you should be fine if you can tolerate cold-ish water. But the water in California is always cold, it just takes a couple minutes to get used to.

Re: Disneyland in November, possibly. Is Magical still the fireworks display then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    As far as the fireworks go, I know that on November 14th the park makes it's official transition over to the Christmas theme. I would guess that the Christmas fireworks would start around that week as well.

And the ocean water in early November you should be fine if you can tolerate cold-ish water. But the water in California is always cold, it just takes a couple minutes to get used to.
    Thanks, I appreciate that so far. For whatever reason I can't look up the schedule for the Fireworks. Does anyone else have any other information for me regarding the original post?

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

I can speak for the water. Born and raised in OC. The water is always cold no matter what time of year. Your choice is 65 in the summer or 60 in the winter. The others were right that it takes a few mins to get used to though

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that so far. For whatever reason I can't look up the schedule for the Fireworks. Does anyone else have any other information for me regarding the original post?
    Dumbo is part of the summer show Magical. Keep in mind things may change.

Summer season was extended the last couple years into September to cover the weekend after Labor Day weekend.

After that Remember Dreams Come True is the firework show. It only has Tink flying, but IMO and commonly it's though of as a much better show. In October during Halloween Parties there is a special show called Halloween Screams, it's really awesome. The parties are a seperate ticket event on mostly Tuesdays and Fridays.
    On Saturday and Sunday RDCT shows.

As said above Mid November is the start of the Holiday Season and Believe In Holiday Magic starts it's seasonal run.

The weekend after Halloween is an anomoly, no fireworks as they set up for the Chistmas show.

Fireworks are nightly when it's busy, Friday - Sunday when not. Cancelled when windy. The fall is a windy season.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.