• Minion

Annual Passes for May 24/25

So I could has sworn that I looked and it wasn't blocked for 25 but looked again today and now it is. Anyways, So how is this 24 Hour event gonna work if your pass is only good until midnight? does that mean we have to choose a park to stay in after midnight? just curious.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Re: Annual Passes for May 24/25

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    So I could has sworn that I looked and it wasn't blocked for 25 but looked again today and now it is. Anyways, So how is this 24 Hour event gonna work if your pass is only good until midnight? does that mean we have to choose a park to stay in after midnight? just curious.
    Embarrassingly, I once took a friend to a bar at midnight when he turned 21 (this was 11 years ago). The bouncer at the door wouldn't let him in. I told him that he's now 21. The bouncer said, "Technically, as far as business goes, we open and close on the same business day, even if we actually close at 2 a.m. the next day."

Now, I know this is a long time ago and it's in a more heavily-regulated business, but I'm guessing Disney will take a similar approach.

If I remember correctly, someone posted here after the 24 hour party last year that they left the park after midnight and then couldn't get back in because their pass was now blocked. You might want to check before you leave if you'll be able to get back inside.

Quote Originally Posted by LAR121 View Post
    If I remember correctly, someone posted here after the 24 hour party last year that they left the park after midnight and then couldn't get back in because their pass was now blocked. You might want to check before you leave if you'll be able to get back inside.
    There was a NYE incident where the person tried to re-enter after midnight on a single-day ticket and couldn't get in. There was only an hour left so he (or she) didn't press it, but probably could have gotten a manager to override for that extra hour because the ticket should have been good for the "operating day" as opposed to the "calendar day," one would think.

With the 24-hour event you probably don't want to leave the park after midnight anyway. When I left OMDD at 1:30 AM there were still masses of people entering and the ticket lines were full, even though they'd stopped selling single-day tickets and were only selling annual passes. If you want to chance it, pick a time to leave in the wee hours and then try to get into the other park and if you do then it'll be a nice bonus, otherwise you can just go and not feel too disappointed.