Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April 21-25

• Mistress of Evil

Re: April 21-25

Seriously....It is what YOU make it. We were there the same time, and had a fabulous time.

How about some specifics as to what lead to your dissatisfaction?

I was there the 23 - 26, so a little overlap. It was a bummer to have Spact Mt. down, especially with BTMRR down at the same time. I was also dissappointed that the Columbia was not running, especially since I checked the calendars frequently before going and no peep at all about it being down.

That being said, I still had a good time. It is a lot busier the last 2-3 years in the past, so if you were expecting short lines I can understand your dissappointment. I still had fun even with the crowds, though.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by HappyInBoise View Post
    Planned this trip for a year.
    Was very happy and excited to go.
    Just got back last night.
    Instead of giving a detailed account of our trip, I will sum it up as follows:

Disney. We will never go back!

Dear Boise,

I am sooo sorry that your vacation wasn't what you wanted it to be. I think all of us have had bad trips (no pun intended). For example, my last trip to 'your' neck of the woods (Yellowstone, I know, not in your town but sorta near, right?) ended up with my having to be medi-vac'd out of the park and into a hospital in Rexburg ID, followed by a 13 hour drive home in the back seat of a Prius, 24 hours after orthopedic surgery. Definitely not what I wanted. But I'm going back to Yellowstone in 4 months. And I plan to be there for a month. Why? Because, that's why. Because Yellowstone is an amazing place and deserving of another chance. Because my vacations, to some extent, are what I make of it. And because I will not let my opinion of any place be based on ONE experience.

Now, Disneyland is pretty much the polar opposite of Yellowstone, I know, but the basics are still the same. From where we live it's a long, expensive trip. And although it's not as expensive as DL, it's still pretty pricy to stay and eat there! And the 'attractions' (i.e. wild animals) are NOT guaranteed to make an appearance, but it's nice if they do. Kinda like the recent ride closures, but it's probably still more likely that you'll get to ride Space Mtn during 'most' vacations to DL than see a wolf pack or a moose going about their business at YNP. Bears, Bison, sure. Wolves & Moose, not so much. Kinda like riding a 'C ticket' ride when you want that E ticket experience.

We'd like you to share your experiences. Not so we can criticize, but so that we can sympathize and, just maybe, help out to where you might think about taking another chance on what could be a wonderful '2nd chance' for Disneyland.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I want a report. Even the negative! It helps to tell seasoned veterans or newbies what was bad about the trip and what could be done to make it better. If it was the luck of the draw, that's really too bad. It happens. I'm pretty sure Disney didn't want THIS many attractions closed at once either. I do know that I would be even MORE upset if that happened in Florida, since there's not enough to go around as it is.

Until then, I'll sit here and dream about how yummy those O'Boisies potato chips were.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• is poppin' tags

Really?! This is your second post. It smacks of trolling.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• DL Vistor Since 1968

I agree with most everyone on this topic: it would be helpful to have some details about what didn't go right. It's true that the Disneyland Resort is a bit more crowded than it was seven years ago. Not sure why this is, except for the improvements and expansion in both parks.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Folks, we've closed this thread, because the OP is no longer a member and cannot respond to your questions. Without them to fill in the blanks many of you are curious about, the thread obviously cannot progress.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12