Splash Mountain new Int. lighting (after last refurb) too bright?

After last years splash mountain refurb (when they added the new logs) they made the interior show scenes MUCH brighter, I think it is way too bright and ruins the feel of the first show sequences, the lights are so bright that they show faded paint and props, it also is distracting.

While some may argue that the original lighting kept the show scenes too dark I would say there could have been more balance made to the lighting levels in the first show sequence before the first indoor dip. I much prefer the way it was originally or at least pre 50th anniv. refurb. Does anyone else agree with me here?
    Last edited by CAspace; 01-20-2006 at 02:47 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Splash Mountain new Int. lighting (after last refurb) too bright?

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace
    After last years splash mountain refurb (when they added the new logs) they made the interior show scenes MUCH brighter, I think it is way too bright and ruins the feel of the first show sequences, the lights are so bright that they show faded paint and props, it also is distracting.

While some may argue that the original lighting kept the show scenes too dark I would say there could have been more balance made to the lighting levels in the first show sequence before the first indoor dip. I much prefer the way it was originally or at least pre 50th anniv. refurb. Does anyone else agree with me here?
    Not on Splash but on HMH I agree with you.

• Small Projects Team

Re: Splash Mountain new Int. lighting (after last refurb) too bright?

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace

I think the effect of the light hitting the tree branches looks pretty cool, however, I do agree that too much light isn't very realistic. I don't remember that much of it before the rehab so I can't say for sure, but I would like to see it a little darker in their.

Re: Splash Mountain new lighting (after last refurb) too bright!

I like it lighter, especially at the speed you go through in the logs- it's needed to see anything. I think the problem is after the first drop it's harsh white light shown the charaters. A warmer orangish tinge I think would work better.

• Banned User

I plan on videoing it all this next trip, I hope its light enough to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet
    I like it lighter, especially at the speed you go through in the logs- it's needed to see anything. I think the problem is after the first drop it's harsh white light shown the charaters. A warmer orangish tinge I think would work better.
    Yes anything to filter out the harsh bright white just a little bit. It is almost as if they have removed any of the gels in the light and are just blasting the pure light from the fixture with no filtering.

• no flash photography...

I don't think it's to light...

• Northwest Disneyphile

I know what you mean. I think there needs to be a middle ground between Dark and "the sun".
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Senior Minion

In the years that I have seen it those lights were supposed to be on. Because of the Pressler era alot of areas of the ride were left dark. I have always remembered seeing Brer Bear dangling from the rope with hardly any lighting at all. That is not how it is supposed be. Now the lighting is much better.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Needs the smell of summer

I like the new lighting, it makes the ride look sharp.