• Unhelpful User

Would the Western river expedition work Behind BTTMR?

as part of the Frontierland expansion for which I believe was Walt's Favorite Land but not to sure, something Like a Lone Ranger attraction or something to that theme and maybe they could add a tonto animatronic etc etc or would it work with BTTMR being so close and similiar as far as theme goes, please share your thoughts!
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 04-29-2013 at 05:10 AM.

• Artistic integrity

Re: Would the Western river expedition work Behind BTTMR?

I would love to see the newly patented "PotC" shaped boat ride system (I think being incorporated into Shanghai DL's PotC) used in a massive ride AKA "Western River Expedition".... borrowing from the best show elements from Marc Davis' concept (leave the ones out -dated or not politically-correct for our times) .... in a ride that could perhaps ride inside as well as outside.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Instead of bringing up an old ride concept, I'd rather have the Imagineers come up with a new, original concept. The only exceptions would be Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition and the Love Bug attraction concept from the 70s. Would love to see that in DCA.
    Last edited by jasmineray; 04-28-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Certified in everything

I'd love to see any original non-film based concept, but sadly things aren't moving that way... unless you're in Hong Kong.

But I agree that at this point I'd like to see a new concept other than WRE. It had its chance, and as cool as it may have been, there are better original ideas out there that might appeal more to a modern audience.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I Don't think I could see them placing it at Disneyland because of space limitation if you look at the maps provided below the boxes would indicated where the would be able to place the attraction location. In Disneyland we don't that much space to build in Frontierland but at the Magic Kingdom there is lots of room out side the train track that is not being utilize. If Disney does give a final ok for the projects they would most likely give it to WDW.
    Name:  DLWRFE.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  196.7 KBName:  MKWRFE.jpg
Size:  141.2 KB
    Map images are from OpenStreetMap @CC by SA
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• New Member Goes Forth

They could put something in that would be themed to the wild west. I would love them to use the old idea of Western Expedition wiuld be great, and change i to be politically correct for today's times
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I Don't think I could see them placing it at Disneyland because of space limitation
    Name:  DLWRFE.jpg
Size:  196.7 KB
    Not true.

In 1976 ... In preparation for Big Thunder .... room was left to draw up the plans for Discovery Bay which consisted of 5 attractions - 2 of them .. Large Scale "E Tickets" - Island at the top of the World, and the Dinosaur river boat excursion.

Since then .... they may have added some backstage facilities .... Nothing they probably couldn't move to a new location.

And this didn't even touch Cascade Peek area.

I see no reason 2 large scale E Tickets couldn't be built ... when they were prepared to do that in the 80s.

And still have room for MORE attractions .. plus restaurants, and shops.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.