Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

Count me as a fan of the original, imaginative treehouse. I have a vast dislike of the Tarzan version with the cartoon plastic boring figures and I don't remember the last time I went up it since they ruined it with plastic thingies.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It makes me wanna shout, put my hands up and shout:

Johnny Weismuller Tarzan Call - YouTube

• Special Agent

Re: Disney Films

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The Swiss family version was definitely better for the level of exploration that could be done. In addition it also didn't have that second tree trunk creating that bottle-necking problem in the middle of the walkway.
    It's a myth that it creates a bottleneck. The bottleneck is created by the folks waiting for their Indy fastpasses to become valid.

• Blew By You

It was the Swisskapolka that made the Treehouse enjoyable. Walking through while listening to the song was nice. But good thing I didn't have to work that attraction.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    It's a myth that it creates a bottleneck. The bottleneck is created by the folks waiting for their Indy fastpasses to become valid.
    Sorry, but I've seen it first hand on several occasions it's no myth. It's only logical if you stick a giant tree in the middle of a congested walkway it is going to create crowd flow issues.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

1. Loved the Swiss Family Treehouse and agree that the idea of a treehouse being an actual treehouse is way better than a place where Tarzan lived.

2. Loved the Swiss Family Robinson movie.

3. I don't see how one can not consider a giant tree in the middle of an already narrow area NOT a cause for traffic problems.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

If that is the case, then I'm sure it was the 1969 re-release when I was 6 yrs. old. Thanks for your research. I usually web-surf those things myself (I'm pretty good at that), but I must have gotten distracted..."SQUIRREL!"

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I love the original treehouse. If you're in the age of exploration like 6 to 13, the activities there will be irresistable. I fondly remembered the music from the organ. The stairs was a bit of climb, but the lookout was worth the effort. Adventureland meant exploring, which was why I enjoyed the treehouse so much.

I'm not entirely sure if saving it is necessary these days. Times have certainly changed. The world has gotten smaller. We know a lot more these days. Whether a guest would want to see a simulated living quarters of a marooned family doesn't quite have the same connotations. It used to suggest exotic. Now, people regularly visit such exotic locations with the latest amenities with wifi. It just doesn't make sense to go to the past. While people still go camping, they are not likely to do it the Swiss Family survival style.
    I suppose they could do a futuristic version of the Space Family Robinson, and folks could tour the makeshift home constructed on the alien world where they crashed. Of course, this would have to be part of Tomorrowland.

Seriously, I agree that the best quality of the original was that it allowed the guest to use his imagination and put himself into the story, and not be retold the story with big, plastic cartoon animals.

Ha-ha! It's a distinct and interesting phenomenon when a thread evolves, often changing the main or intended subject. I have both observed and participated in many such evolutions on FB.
    My main reason for my original post was to express my joy at being able to watch a Beloved Disney film from my childhood in good quality and with no commercials....FOR FREE, no less! My comment about bringing back the original theme of the tree house was actually JUST AN AFTERTHOUGHT!
    It's funny, as human beings, the things we ALL choose to pick up and run with. *Chuckle*

I'd be willing to bet you know that's already been done in the form of the 1960s TV series "Lost In Space" and you're just waiting to see who gets the reference...right?

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    They were going to close the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, and put a store in that location. Perhaps by building the store around the tree or something like that. Tony Baxter suggested that instead of closing the attraction and turning it into retail space, they could turn it into Tarzan's treehouse and promote the film.

There are rumors of a SFR remake. The 20,000 Leagues remake is a go, and will be filmed in Australia, a Pete's Dragon remake is also being looked at . . .
    I would welcome a "Pete's Dragon" remake; It's one of the few Disney films I didn't care for.

• Minion

I don't remember SFTH, but I do like TTH. Good thing WDW still has it, I'll be able to experience when I finally go in a few years, hopefully.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12