Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: New Music at Disneyland's Fantasy Land!

And for those wondering, "When You Wish Upon A Star" still plays in the castle's entryway. The medieval music does not start playing until you enter the courtyard.

• Disneyland History Lover

I heard the new music while participating in the Rally yesterday. Honestly, I love it! It sounds more intricate and fun. However, I'm not fond of hearing "You've Got a Friend in Me" and a few other more modern, Pixar tunes in the middle of Fantasyland.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    And for those wondering, "When You Wish Upon A Star" still plays in the castle's entryway. The medieval music does not start playing until you enter the courtyard.
    Phew!
    For the love of Disney....

• We Go On.

This music is far from medieval by hundreds of years. Just had to get that out there.

That said, I really like it! I find it more appropriate for 1980s+ Fantasyland. I wonder if they're going to start piping it out into the old parts of WDW's Fantasyland.

•   

Yeah I was using "medieval" in a very liberal sense of the word. If this BGM had been done in a true medieval style, it would have less palatable and perhaps even less appropriate-sounding for the area.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Sounds like they did the exact same thing they've been doing for years at DCA - they take one base MIDI track with a common arrangement, then they make a half dozen or more different variations of orchestration and frills - then record them all together on a master multi-tracked loop so they all stay in perfect sync.

The stuff that has to be played on real instruments like electric guitar and brass, they have the musicians stick to the same orchestrations and keep time to a "Click Track" (Metronome) on the underlying music bed.

You have one version that's played as a Band Organ with a simple drum and cymbal accompaniment line that could be played in the Welte Orchestrion in the Emporium, a Rock Guitar & Hammond B-3 version, a Ragtime Piano Trio version, a Big Band or Swing version, a Country version with Electric Slide Guitar, Bluegrass with Banjo Mandolin Dobro and Slap Bass, and a Futuristic with electronic organ and vibes. Or whatever you want to fit any area, basically.

And as you walk between lands one fades out, the other fades in - and they're all playing the same songs in perfect sync, it doesn't even consciously register what they did unless you know to listen for it. And that's totally on purpose.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I just entered Fantasyland from the PFF side. It was rather disconcerting hearing Toy Story's theme song in that area . What's worse is hearing that song blairing at the entrance to the sleeping beauty walk through
    Toy Story song has been in the land since...i think the 50th heard it once while on Dumbo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123