Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Smile New Music at Disneyland's Fantasy Land!

Rumors say new music is playing at Fantasyland and is a new addition wanting you to get a different vibe as you enter through the Sleeping beauty castle , also how could a little detail like that change your mood in fantasyland or any other land for that manner if any!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: New Music at Disneyland's Fantasy Land!

Wait a second. So this means no more "When You Wish Upon A Star" as you enter through the castle?

• formerly very helpful

Until there's an actual confirmation, I have a hard time believing this. Except perhaps for holiday season or something temporary. I hope this isn't true.

•   

The Fantasy Faire music loop is playing in much of Fantasyland now, particularly the outdoor queue areas for the dark rides. The songs are the same ones heard at King Arthur's Carrousel, but orchestrated in a more medieval-sounding fashion. The carrousel loop still plays, and it syncs with the new loop. "When You Wish Upon A Star" still remains in the castle.

I'm surprised not to find any information about this on this site or others. The volume is fairly loud, you really can't miss it if you're in the middle of Fantasyland.

Any AP or CM who is sceptical can visit the park and hear it for themselves.
    Last edited by CMinParadise; 05-01-2013 at 08:03 PM.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    The Fantasy Faire music loop is playing in much of Fantasyland now, particularly the outdoor queue areas for the dark rides. The songs are the same ones heard at King Arthur's Carrousel, but orchestrated in a more medieval-sounding fashion. The carrousel loop still plays, and it syncs with the new loop. "When You Wish Upon A Star" still remains in the castle.

I'm surprised not to find any information about this on this site or others. The volume is fairly loud, you really can't miss it if you're in the middle of Fantasyland.

Any AP or CM who is sceptical can visit the park and hear it for themselves.
    so the rumor just became true! Finally got one right! Lol!

• Minion

Ok, PLEASE tell me the Village Haus loop remains untouched.

•   

I'm not sure, I dont usually make it over to Village Haus. I'll check when I get a chance though.

• film975

A lot of the lands in the parks have had their music updated recently. Main Street USA and Frontierland are the most notable and recent examples. But I was at the park yesterday and "When You Wish Upon A Star" still plays at Sleeping Beauty Castle.

• formerly very helpful

They're still playing When You Wish Upon a Star, in the castle, and Disney music elsewhere, so I'm happy. It's if they started blasting Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber that I'd have a real problem!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

When You Wish Upon A Star still plays at the castle, the other music is indeed very loud elsewhere - notably, waiting for Mr. Toad, speakers playing it very audibly where I don't recall there being music noticeable before. I have a few videos taken basically right near speakers yet to put together/upload, but that will show up here when ready.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    But I was at the park yesterday and "When You Wish Upon A Star" still plays at Sleeping Beauty Castle.
    But now it is the Gene Simmons version.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Here is the video of some of the music selections I took the past two days:

• Closed Account

What he heck are they thinking!? The Carousel loop IS the BGM for Fantasyland! It just IS. It gives all the FLs a festive air. This makes me wanna fall asleep. I wannna hear the Carousel loop while waiting for the dark rides.

• Closed Account

Does this mean the Carousel music is not as loud and booming as it once was?

• I'm a Lutheran

Does the carousel no longer make the circus organ music?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast