Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Looking For Feedback

First off, sorry if this has already been done.

I'm a cast member at Disneyland Resort and have been working there for a couple of years now. I recently found out about Mice Chat and I must say I never realized how many people had such negative feelings towards DLR. I totally understand and feel as if Disney has lowered it standards over the last couple of years and I feel as if a lot of it is small stuff.

So I would like to get feedback on what you kats think could be fixed in order to help improve the resort and restore some of the magic that people feel is fading away.

THANKS!

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Looking For Feedback

First off, sorry if this has already been done.
    "This" is the reason Mice Chat exists to many of us.

Only one thing needs to be changed imo
    Everyone here knows what I think it is. You will, too, soon enough.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Artistic integrity

It's not just "a couple small things" .... it's big things. That start with Michael Eisner. There's a long "laundry list" of items that reek "low quality" ... that extend some 20 years.

Here's my top five:

* The state of Tomorrowland
    * ^^^ The empty Peoplemover track ... the worst item
    * DCA 1.0
    * Light Magic
    * Messing with 'it's a small world' by adding Disney characters.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    * The state of Tomorrowland
    * ^^^ The empty Peoplemover track ... the worst item
    * DCA 1.0
    * Light Magic
    * Messing with 'it's a small world' by adding Disney characters.
    Bingo. Adding to the list:

* An out-of-control AP program.
    * Generic merchandise in every store.
    * A policy of revolving-door Park management.
    * A Disneyland University that is a pathetic shadow of its pre-Eisner self.
    * TDA's elitist cubicle culture that is disconnected from the Park.
    * The continuation of the Eisner-era management attitude that frontline CMs are interchangeable and disposable.
    * A corporate management which, having grown fat and lazy adhering to Eisner's edict that "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides," has no vision for Disneyland other than as a marketing platform for brands, brands and more brands.

See also the thread "Disney's decline of Customer Service and taking guests for granted." One post from that thread as an example:

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    It seems to me that when you charge a premium price for a product (in this case, premium priced park tickets and premium priced merchandise), folks expect the very best customer service. When Disney delivers, folks are willing to pay. And when Disney flubs, as they did in this case, folks are justified in being upset. After all, they paid for better . . . didn't they?!
    DustySage you make great points. The company has a serious problem, They are taking there best and most loyal customers for granted. Year by year I have witnessed a erosion of the "Disney Touch." It starts from the top, the Company leadership and the Parks Leadership. They have a serious top down problem when it comes to hiring, training and retaining employees. The employees are no longer held accountable to provide the highest class of customer service, the management no longer is held accountable by senior management.

There is a sickness pervasive in the company, and unfortunately Disney Co.'s continued pace of buying out more and more studios and intellectual properties does nothing to solve the problems with their declining customer service track record. Granted Disney parks still does have better customer service then most other parks but that is not saying much when you we are comparing ourselves against a Six Flags type of corporation which never prided itself with customer service, and charges only a fraction of the cost to enter ($67 dollars for a non restricted annual pass!) vs Disneyland $650 dollars or up to a 1,000 dollars for a bi-coastal pass.

The company has no problem paying billions of dollars into "Next Gen" initiatives since they will reap a gold mine of customer marketing data, which is quantifiable in the MBA's hearts and minds. Of course spending just .1% of that money into Employee training and re tension is obviously not a priority or a concern. As long as the park can fill the popcorn cart with a warm body, they don't care. Frankly, once the Next Gen initiative takes over, I would not be surprised to some day not so far off, see all the ODV carts go automated.

Similar threads include:
    "DLR Guest Relations...What Happened?!?"
    "Forced happiness for Cast Members"
    "Standards for Employee discipline and performance at Disneyland gets lower and lower"
    "Cast Members and their hatred towards Disneyland"
    "Guest:CM - What should the ratio be?"
    "If you were the CEO"
    "What Complaints/Compliments Have You Made at City Hall?"
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-29-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

I think the #1 thing Disney could do is to improve their employee base on all levels. How to do that? Offer competitive salaries and benefits. Treat the CMs working at the parks like gold, not garbage. Get some bright minds up at the park management who are concerned about little things - park upkeep, sufficient staffing levels, attraction maintenance, and employee morale. Make Disneyland a career option and not a survival job. Doing that, and that alone, would make the DLR experience improve a thousandfold. Disneyland has some enthusiastic, wonderful CMs at the park and instead of driving them away, they should be working to retain those employees and help them grow.

• Senior Minion

^ This!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Monorail Minion

Too much marketing, not enough "doing"!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I think the #1 thing Disney could do is to improve their employee base on all levels. How to do that? Offer competitive salaries and benefits. Treat the CMs working at the parks like gold, not garbage. Get some bright minds up at the park management who are concerned about little things - park upkeep, sufficient staffing levels, attraction maintenance, and employee morale. Make Disneyland a career option and not a survival job. Doing that, and that alone, would make the DLR experience improve a thousandfold. Disneyland has some enthusiastic, wonderful CMs at the park and instead of driving them away, they should be working to retain those employees and help them grow.
    Truer words have never been never spoken!

• Blew By You

I would say have Disney get intouch with the real world economic situation, that many people are being priced out of visiting Disneyland. And not conjuring up unbelievable reasons for price gouging. A truthful view of current economics is so lacking at Disney.

• Under that tree again!

Take off your sunglasses and limit personal conversations to backstage.

Be stricter about GAC abuse and line jumpers.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

We are not here to be so negative towards Disney we are trying to keep the panicle of the industry, the panicle of the industry. We here all love Disney and want to keep that Disney magic alive. I am for one want to see the parks in peak conditions any and every time I go because Disney is worth it. I love the parks and want the parks to continue to be successful and make memories for many many years to come. On this forum we are here to talk, reflect, discuss, create theories, ideas, talk about history pervious and current. And just want to talk to people who share a common love for the parks.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• the rockawho?

one of my biggest pet peeves is the exclusive merchandise....

for example, recently disneyland released the Haunted Mansion Gargoyle Candelabras....

guests were purchasing 10 or more just to turn around to sell them on ebay for $100 or more.....

maybe there should be a limit on some items to make it fair for other guests to have the opportunity to purchase them....

the item wont be in stock for another month or two...which is unfortunate....

Also, the AP events are disappointing...With the raise in price, I expect to have better AP events or opportunities for AP holders....

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I would say have Disney get intouch with the real world economic situation, that many people are being priced out of visiting Disneyland. And not conjuring up unbelievable reasons for price gouging. A truthful view of current economics is so lacking at Disney.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I, for one, would love to be able to afford to bring my children back to Disneyland.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Be stricter about GAC abuse and line jumpers.
    This, this, this. Whenever I visit I have a moment where I get extremely angry due to something GAC related or due to line jumpers.

For me, I agree with what others have said for the most part. Tomorrowland needs a serious update and/or remodel, the treatment of CM's seems to be below par compared to previous visits throughout my life, and Disney focuses on marketing and money. They don't care about fans of franchises or of the parks.

I am afraid you may have opened a can of worms that you may now desperately wish you could close. But since you asked here it goes:

Merchandising should be land specific and unique. I used to love Frontierland because I could get things I could not get anywhere else, now I can get the same stuff at many locations in the park. I don't even think you can find a Coonskin cap anymore at all.

Special Events should actually be something special. I have been to Halloween time twice and this last year the crowds were outrageous for an event that requires separate ticketing.

Hotels: Although the 3 hotels are nice because of the proximity to the parks and ,in general, the common areas are beautiful and well themed (Paradise Pier needs a lot of help in these areas.) The actual rooms are laughable for the size, theming and amenities that are provided. I can get a better room at half the price at many off property hotels.
    Overall perception, as many have already stated people, I don't mind paying a premium price for a product if I feel that the quality and uniqueness of that product creates value for me. But lately, I feel like Disney takes the cheap and easy way out in many things. I want to feel like my experience at DLR couldn't be duplicated at any other place in the world.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast