• Banned User

Brake Zone Six on CS...?

While trying to catch up on weeks and weeks of updates, this statement caught my eye in the MiceAge update from 04-23-13...
    "[On CS] The focus was in a few key areas, specifically the narrow walkway along the
    waterside launch, as well as the most
    notorious of brake zones, Brake Zone Six,
    located on a very narrow catwalk above the boardwalk rooftops."

Is it catching when it shouldn't, or not catch when it should, or was it in ref to garden variety evacs under the context of narrow walkways (e.g. scared guests, slow evac due to narrow space)?

Someone(s) help me out, why is it considered "notorious"??? I'm not sure if the writer (one of Al's ghost writers) was talking about the most notable breaking feature on CS, or in the coaster world in general, or simply at DLR. Many thanks in advance! I eat up any info on coasters and DLR, and of course this is something I don't know, but kinda feel I should already know.

• Certified in everything

Re: Brake Zone Six on CS...?

At first I thought this was a reference to to collision accident in 2005, but I think that was Zone 7 so I'm not sure.

Could be a reference to the 2011 valley incident, though that all occurred just a short distance prior to Zone 5.
    Last edited by cruise; 04-30-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Say no to screens

Zone six is the section about the Boardwalk games. Its also right before the bunny hops at the end.
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

While I am far from an expert, and even further from a professional who works in the industry, I do like to believe I know a thing or two about rollercoasters. My best guess is that the "notorious" label stems from the fact that it is such a short brake zone. Granted the train is moving a much slower speed than at the previous brake zone, it still has only maybe 20 meters to stop. If a train is especially heavy when traveling through this section, it has a greater chance of the front cars hanging out over the edge. Combine this with the especially narrow walkway next to the track, and removing guests from the train is a nightmare.

Again, this is only speculation on my part, but this seems like a plausible explanation.
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding. Perhaps you sense a disquieting metamorphosis occurring? Is this room actually stretching, or is it your imagination"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ewokrights View Post
    While I am far from an expert, and even further from a professional who works in the industry, I do like to believe I know a thing or two about rollercoasters. My best guess is that the "notorious" label stems from the fact that it is such a short brake zone. Granted the train is moving a much slower speed than at the previous brake zone, it still has only maybe 20 meters to stop. If a train is especially heavy when traveling through this section, it has a greater chance of the front cars hanging out over the edge. Combine this with the especially narrow walkway next to the track, and removing guests from the train is a nightmare.

Again, this is only speculation on my part, but this seems like a plausible explanation.
    Thx. This is kinda what I was wondering. It's just that I had never heard of this being a problem. I heard (and saw) the valley before the loop of 2011 (mentioned above). I know where each zone is, and I am kinda bewildered that I have yet to hear anything out-of-the-ordinary about zone six.