Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Re: from what disney released.. its going to be "limited all nighter"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They have already addressed this. The 24 hour party is to kick off their summer celebration. Since Memorial Day Weekend is the traditional start of the summer vacation season, it was natural to pick that weekend.

It doesn't work like that. The Grad Night tickets have already been pre-sold and budgeted into their attendance counts. They already made allowances for those groups to show up. This is probably why they are they are both scheduled on the same night: The Grad Night event was already scheduled when they decided to have the 24 hour party and it was too late to cancel Grad Night.
    Oh ok. Didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification

• Chief Troublemaker

'Regular' Holiday Weekend Crowds + All Night Party Attendees + Grad Nite Attendees = Epic Fail. I just don't get this. I've read the thread & all the reasons people have put forward regarding why Disney would do this and I still just don't get it.

IMHO Disney should offer a 100% no cancellation penalty refund or free change of dates to anyone who had a pre-booked stay on site during that event. I know I would be livid if I'd booked a vacation months ago only to find that Disney had decided to do this during my stay on such short notice.

More power to those of you who think this will be great fun. I really hope you have a wonderful time & it's everything you're hoping it will be. I've done 2 all-nighters, my own Grad Nite many moons ago and the 30th Anniversary party in 1985. Both were great fun. I expect if I was a 'few' years younger, I'd try to get there for this one. As it is, hopefully there will be lots of trip reports and tons of pictures here on MC!!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    IMHO Disney should offer a 100% no cancellation penalty refund or free change of dates to anyone who had a pre-booked stay on site during that event. I know I would be livid if I'd booked a vacation months ago only to find that Disney had decided to do this during my stay on such short notice.
    This.

I would be so angry.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

This info is up on the Micechat front page tonight.

Editor’s Note:
    • April 30, 2013: Monstrous Headache: The officially vague comments from Team Disney Anaheim about mixing Grad Nite and the All Night Party on May 24th didn't clear up the confusion. The reality is that the Grads will be wristbanded, and they'll sweep out Cars Land and Paradise Pier by 11PM on Friday night and turn those areas over to Grads only from 11PM to 3AM. Mad T Party will go all night, but shut off the booze when the Grads are there. The entire event is a logistics nightmare due to Grad Nite, and the Resort parking and traffic plan is still undecided.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    I still can't wrap my head around why they would do this event on a holiday weekend, but also at the same night for grads. I'm "aw" over here.
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

Since its been rumored I been scratching my head why do this the SAME night??? What are they possibly thinking??? After the debacle last year, they are just making this almost worse with two seperated groups, shutting down areas for one, letting in others at seperate times etc. It sounds like one big mess.

And who cares if its the start of the summer, just MOVE IT to another weekend!!! Give it a different reason for happening. DLR will still be open for all that weekend, but this 24 hour thing just sounds like it will be a mess.

It really boggles the mind they are so intent of making this happen when every factor says its really the wrong time to do it and I really feel bad for the grads too. It must suck they usually get the park all night to themselves and now they might be sharing it with their grandparents at 2 in the morning. Let them have it.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I have check the Grad Nite registration page, they are no longer offering tickets for May 24 but continue to sell tickets for all other nights. Maybe the are aiming for less people that night.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Hmmm without Cars Land, Paradise Pier, or alcohol at the T, I don't see why anyone would possibly want to hangout in DCA all night.

Can't wait to ride Soarin' over and over and over...

• Banned User

Yeah DCA two biggest areas are PP and CL and basically from 11 on the park will feel MUCH smaller. They will be open again after 3 again though but still seems a bit too late.

• Galactic Member

I'll pass...No Thank you!
    Galactic Member

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by spacejockey View Post
    I'll pass...No Thank you!
    Agreed!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I still can't figure out what TDA was thinking when they came up with this brilliant idea. You already have multiple guests complaining last year on Grad Night Fridays due to the rambunctious nature of high school kids who arrived early. So now you're going to throw that together with the insanity that occurred last year on leap day? I haven't seen anything yet on crowd control, but if you combine crazy high school kids amped up on Red Bull and God knows what else with the hordes of crazies that showed up at 1AM last February on a freaking three day weekend, which also happens to be the unofficial start of Summer Vacation for just about every university in the country.....

Really???

I know I was a voice of doom and gloom on the whole Candlelight thing last December, but this just takes insanity to a whole new level.

I might try to swing by at 4:30 AM on Saturday the 25th if it looks like clear skies for some sunrise shots, but other than that, I think I'll just hide in my house and wait for this debacle to blow over. I sure hope someone over there is working around the clock on how to deal with the epic crowds. I still haven't seen any mention of this being a special ticketed event. If this is a y'all come and anyone can buy a ticket....

...it will certainly be a memorable evening.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 05-02-2013 at 08:16 AM.

The only thing that perplexes me is that they're starting on Friday, guaranteeing an after-work rush, as opposed to Saturday or Sunday which would have spread arrivals out over the afternoon -- unless there's a limiting element like separate ticketing that we don't know about yet.

I'm assuming that once inside DL it will be just a *really* *really* crowded day, though. The most conspicuous thing missing from OMDD was the Fantasmic crowd control through the evening. Fantasmic didn't start until 1 AM so the RoA sidewalk was a free-for-all until crowd control started showing up around 11 PM. I would imagine this time they will be posted in the early evening regardless of when Fantasmic starts.

• Sock Puppet

Its finally been laid out in a more understandable way, I was really confused on how it'd work well now I have the answers

At the start of the grad night party Disney is roping off Paradise Pier, and Cars Land to grad nighters only. The open areas to the all night guests will be, Soarin, Buena Vista Street, and Mad T party the other attractions like TOT and Grizzly River Run Im sure will be availible as well, if Soarin and Mad T party are. At 3 PM when the grad night party is over those areas will be reopened to the all night crowd, I'm just hoping there are no scheduled maintenece required

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Just posted an article on Examiner here breaking down everything that is happening that weekend, plus some cautions and suggestions on how to deal.

As a journalist, I'm really torn. I feel like I have to go to this 'monstrosity' to cover it but I went to 'One More Disney Day' last year and that was a horrible experience. I don't want people doing drugs in line behind me, I don't want to sit in gridlocked traffic, and I don't want to deal with an awful parking situation.

And then I'm blocked out Saturday and Sunday. I'll be upgrading to Premium when I renew in July but I don't want to spend the extra money before then :/

WHY do they not look at their calendar?

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Just posted an article on Examiner here breaking down everything that is happening that weekend, plus some cautions and suggestions on how to deal.

As a journalist, I'm really torn. I feel like I have to go to this 'monstrosity' to cover it but I went to 'One More Disney Day' last year and that was a horrible experience. I don't want people doing drugs in line behind me, I don't want to sit in gridlocked traffic, and I don't want to deal with an awful parking situation.

And then I'm blocked out Saturday and Sunday. I'll be upgrading to Premium when I renew in July but I don't want to spend the extra money before then :/

WHY do they not look at their calendar?
    Hey I will be right there with you. I know its going to be a train reck but I have to go and see. ... Also I think Dusty is putting together stuff for the day.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast