Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

from what disney released.. its going to be "limited all nighter"

So I was reading MP and disney released a statement addressing the grad nite happening the same night as the all nighter, and what disney is saying is that most areas of Disneyland and DCA are going to be for grad night only, which makes me left to wonder, is disney going to give the all nighters only certain areas of the park and grad nighters unlimited access? If disney is planning to restrict the all nighter crowd there will be a lot of unhappy people in attendance, I'll post the statement

• Sock Puppet

Re: from what disney released.. its going to be "limited all nighter"

Here's the statement released

while some “Monstrous Summer” activities will take place in parts of Disney California Adventure during Grad Nite, these will not be in the areas reserved for your group’s special night, and most of the theme park will still be open exclusively for Grad Nite attendees beginning at 11 p.m. Your group will also enjoy special entertainment that will only be offered during Grad Nite on May 24.

Also unchanged will be your group’s ability to 'park hop' between Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. While Disneyland Park will close to Grad Nite participants at 9 p.m., the party continues with exclusive use of select areas of Disney California Adventure all the way through until 3:00 a.m.

• Minion

The exclusive areas for Grad Night students are probably just dance floors. I wouldn't worry about it all that much...

• the rockawho?

i read this on another thread.....so im thinking they will have limited access to one area in california adventure

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Info for the Grad Nite attendees on May 24th.

My little brother contacted Disneyland yesterday and they responded quick.

Grad Nite for that day will go on as usual Seniors will be able to enter Disneyland Parks starting at 11AM up until 10PM where they then can hop over to Disney California Adventure and enjoy selected attractions just for the grad nite attendees with wristband up to 3AM.

So I'm guessing the Mad T Party will be closed to the general from 10PM to 3AM?

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

I'm really considering braving it again this year but if T is going to be shut down for just the kids I may not...I was planning on going there to chill out for a while :/

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Disney is going to have to post something about it publicly because of the whole grad night thing. I had my grad night a few years ago it was the best night in the park ever, I feel sorry for these grads because they are going to have to share majority parts of the park for an all nighter. I will be there to see what exactly happens.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Hot FIRE!

Any way you cut it, it sounds like it'll be messy

...As I see it

• The doctor is in

It's going to be a disaster. It's almost funny.

How are they going to be able to differentiate the Grad Night kids from the all night crowds? Unless they put special bracelets or something on them there really isn't anything stopping a Grad from staying in the park all night with the other crowds.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• The Pumpkin King

I still can't wrap my head around why they would do this event on a holiday weekend, but also at the same night for grads. I'm "aw" over here.

• Banned User

This is totally messed up. Grad Night with the regular guests is just a bad idea. The restrictions for Grad Night attendees will make for a bad experience for regular guests. The other minus is having a bunch of mis-behaving teens in the queue lines.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    It's going to be a disaster. It's almost funny.

How are they going to be able to differentiate the Grad Night kids from the all night crowds? Unless they put special bracelets or something on them there really isn't anything stopping a Grad from staying in the park all night with the other crowds.
    That's exactly what they do. I've been at the parks during grad nights several times, and at a certain point in the evening, CM's start roping areas off and checking for wrist bands.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Sock Puppet

If the general public really put their heads together and thought long and hard about it, what they could do is fill both parks up to their capacity early in the day, like really early in the day so when the grad night groups show up " sorry, both gates are closed" that should make things a little easier

• -

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    I still can't wrap my head around why they would do this event on a holiday weekend
    They have already addressed this. The 24 hour party is to kick off their summer celebration. Since Memorial Day Weekend is the traditional start of the summer vacation season, it was natural to pick that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    If the general public really put their heads together and thought long and hard about it, what they could do is fill both parks up to their capacity early in the day, like really early in the day so when the grad night groups show up " sorry, both gates are closed" that should make things a little easier
    It doesn't work like that. The Grad Night tickets have already been pre-sold and budgeted into their attendance counts. They already made allowances for those groups to show up. This is probably why they are they are both scheduled on the same night: The Grad Night event was already scheduled when they decided to have the 24 hour party and it was too late to cancel Grad Night.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Rock Star Minion

it's not too late to postpone the all-night event, then.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

So much fail....I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

This is what you get when you try to merge all your parks into one homogenous blob. Instead of scheduling another 24 hour event for DL at a more convenient time, they just HAVE to do it the same time as WDW....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast