Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Are parades and shows in that big of demand at Disneyland?

I like to "camp out" for WOC and the fireworks if they aren't holiday related.

I hate the parades.

I'm an AP that comes once a year.

Kids, kids, and kids. That's why they have the parades/shows. Parents bring them to see their favorite characters. That's why I'm bringing my niece this June, for the characters. Not to mention, all her favorite characters are in those shows/parades.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Heck I want to see more come out of entertainment. New shows, maybe even rotate parades (a least get arid of Play Parade)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Heck I want to see more come out of entertainment. New shows, maybe even rotate parades (a least get arid of Play Parade)
    I second this.

I love the shows and parades, I'd be disapointed if they ever did cut back on them. But I do wish that if you don't want to see the parades, that there was an easier way to get around all the crowds of people, mostly on Main Street.

• Creative Director

Live entertainment - Parades, shows, spectaculars, etc. - are an integral part of the overall "Disney park experience" just as much as everyone's favorite attractions, restaurants, shops, characters, etc.
    And yes, they are in demand, or they wouldn't exist...certainly not by the companies current money men. They also serve a purpose - provide something to experience other than 'rides' (of which not all people can do...but all people CAN watch a show)...promote new films/characters, and overall "bring them to life" in a way that other offerings cannot do...give the overall park a variety of experiences, particularly those of a theatrical nature that, again, rides cannot do...and so much more.

Why so many get to think that their precious Pirates or Haunted Mansion deserves the spotlight 24/7 as if it is the only thing that matters vs. all the other experiences that are equally as deserving to have a place and purpose in the parks is beyond me. You never seem to hear people go "crap, I can't ride that, it's too fast and scary...take it out and put a dole whip stand there"...but it always seems ok in the Disney fan community for people to say something similar in regards to entertainment. I do not like how entertainment is treated as the red-headed step-child to the park experience by some.
    Not your thing...cool.
    But leave it for the people that it is.
    It's that simple.

Just because I don't like certain attractions, doesn't mean I am calling for them to be taken out. I just don't ride them. Just like I don't eat the food I don't like, don't buy the merchandise I don't like, etc... but thinking "well, since, I don't like 'such and such', why not get rid of it" is not fair to all those who DO love those things...particularly when those things are an integral aspect of the overall park experience (even if they don't cater to your own tastes).

Don't like parades, shows...don't watch. Go do other things, and leave them for the people that do love them.
    If it interferes with your work, transfer to a different area/job, or realize that it's only for a short given period of time and put up with it just like we ALL have to put up with things we don't like/care for when it comes to our jobs.
    Last edited by tcsnwhite; 05-01-2013 at 07:05 AM.

• Banned User

What can I say to this? Parades and Shows are a BIG DEAL at Disneyland. They add to the experience. The Disneyland parades are 10X better than most other parades with a few exceptions like the Rose Parade or Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Disney's show are terrific. Broadway quality at times. Most other times, just wonderful for kids.

A day of just going on attractions is boring. It is impossible to do constantly. So a parade and show is a nice diversion for at least a half hour to hour. The evening shows are worth waiting for.

• formerly very helpful

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm already sick of how the live entertainment interferes with the operation of the park. Fantasmic and the fireworks result in half the park being shut down at night. I wonder how many people simply watch because everything else (hyperbole) is closed. I don't think the daily parade is much of a problem. But nightime moving around the park is a nightmare.
    I do believe that Fantasmic is the BEST show Disney has ever put on in ANY of their parks, but in my mind, we are at that place where it's been too much of a good thing.
    But sadly, the numbers of people who wait for Fantasmic and fireworks say differently, so I imagine they're here for a while longer.
    It would be nice if they could at least scale back the fireworks like in the old days, so they could keep (nearly) everything open.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

What's the best thing at Disneyland? Fantasmic!

Characters, boats, music, special effects. Everything comes together and comes to life.

So much better than World of Color. Why would anyone want to take it out, it's become such a classic.

^ I agree. Fantasmic! is amazing.

Love the parades. Love the shows. I want more of them. More parades especially. I'd love it if they had new ones more often. I REALLY love a night parade. I also don't believe that people see them because they're there.

Look at main street at 3 pm today and you'll see spots are already being saved for the 4 pm parade. Most I think make plans around the parade. There are some who stumble across them of course, but they also don't stick. They can't because CM's are pushing them to keep moving.

P.S. Love Parades!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Minion

ORWEN: Sometimes when I go to the Disney parks I don't even bother with any of the attractions or rides because I've done them all so many times they're 'old hat'. But the parades change more often than the attractions do and, since I like seeing as many characters as I can, the parades are the best way to see your favorites. So don't let them get rid of our parades and don't let any sour pusses rain on them, either!

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    What's the best thing at Disneyland? Fantasmic!

Characters, boats, music, special effects. Everything comes together and comes to life.

So much better than World of Color. Why would anyone want to take it out, it's become such a classic.
    I agree 100%

Also, I was never really fond of any day time shows or parades. The ONLY parade at DL that I have ever liked watching was MSEP.

So, I like the Fireworks, Fantasmic!, World of Color, and MSEP.

Hhhmmm, seems to me I'm a person who only likes the night time stuff. To me its just more "magical"

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'll agree to that. I'd rather watch MSEP than a day time parade. Although the one they did for Disneyland's 50th was great.

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, yes, the 50th Anniversary Parade for Disneyland is probably my all time favorite parade! It was so magical. It was so special! It was so--

ORGOCH: --We git the picture, sister! Yer a sucker fer parades! Now why don'tcha parade yer big fat butt outta here and let the rest a the ducklin's have a say fer a change???

ORWEN: Sour puss! That's what you are, you nasty old biddy! And I'm sure you're the same nasty old biddy who's gone and rained on LOTS of other people's parades in the past--just 'cause that's the kind of sour puss you are!!

ORGOCH: Yeah, well I'd rather rain on people's parades than be so big I blocked ev'rybody's VIEW of a parade! That's all yer good fer whenever yer at the parks an' stand 'round so's nobody can see anything on most a Main Street er Town Square!!! Instead they gotta see the backside a some over-stuffed witch who don't know when ta lay off all them Krispy Kremes!!!!

(Sounds of smackings and whackings followed by a sober silence....)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast