Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Mariah and Nick canon renew their vows tonight in front of the castle

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    So the only way in.... be famous or win it in a disney contest/giveaway. Sounds like any non-famous bazillionaire isn't going to be able to purchase it...
    I'm pretty sure that a bazillionaire would be considered to be a VIP....
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Parking Lot > DCA

It ain't trickin' if you got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2Disneyland View Post
    Did you think you couldn't? The attitude in this thread is unbelievable. VIP events at DL have been going on for decades (Liz Taylor's 60th anyone?) and yes, they are available to those who can pay the price. The park was scheduled to close at 8pm, as it's a weekday in a non-peak period. No guests were cheated so that Mariah and Nick could rewed.

People act like if they had a poop ton of money they wouldn't be so "selfish" - yeah. Freakin'. Right.

Disney would let you poop in Walt's toilet if you paid them enough. Disneyland is not a 501(c)3 non-profit that exists to equitably distribute magic to the masses Karl Marx-style.

I bet they got to eat at Club 33 too! HOW CAN DISNEY DO THIS TO US
    Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Let me rescind my previous statement. It isn't able to be bought by "normal people" according to this:

So the only way in.... be famous or win it in a disney contest/giveaway. Sounds like any non-famous bazillionaire isn't going to be able to purchase it...
    I think you're misinterpreting Goin2Disneyland's post. By "Did you think you couldn't?" I don't believe they meant you literally, or any other non-VIP for that matter. I read it like "You didn't think it was able to be bought out?" - hope that makes sense!

Also if you have the money, Disney will take it. You don't have to have any fame behind you. If they didn't explain that the Dream Suite "couldn't" be bought out, they would be getting offers all the time from people.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Also if you have the money, Disney will take it. You don't have to have any fame behind you. If they didn't explain that the Dream Suite "couldn't" be bought out, they would be getting offers all the time from people.
    Where do I send the check? Is this one of those if you have to ask you can't afford it things, or are we only talking 4 figures/night?

I love how people are saying "if you had the money, you would do it too" actually no. I wouldn't. While I love Disneyland, a wedding there just isn't my thing. I believe doing anything for press is vain and sad, and I wholeheartedly believe that this was just that. Believe me! If I had her money, I definately wouldn't blow it the way she does...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Are people looking for a standing ovation because IF they had a lot of money they wouldn't have a Disneyland wedding?

Disneyland allows it, these celebrities took advantage of it. If it's legal to purchase it, why are people begrudging those who can afford it? Then again, if you're already getting millions of dollars in annual passport revenue every day whether the people go or not, why wouldn't you close things early to get a nice chunk of cash?

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I like both these folks. And they seem to have the real deal of a marriage. Good for them. Did they spend a lot that could have gone elsewhere? Yes- what celebrity couple doesn't?
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

I like how a lot of people are saying "who cares" on a 4-page thread and still going...

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    I like how a lot of people are saying "who cares" on a 4-page thread and still going...
    My thoughts exactly. "Who cares?" For people that claim to not care, they sure did find the time to post about it.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Nick Cannon? Oh, he writes skits for a show on Cartoon Network™ that Disney calls the "Not So 'Incredible Crew'!"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It was "who cares" but now it's an interesting discussion of "would you spend the money on that" and "Is disney fair for shutting down a whole area for this". It's a lot more than do you like these two celebrities.

I think its extremely selfish of the rich to lessen the experiences of the working class just because they can. Hundreds of "normal" visitors had their trips shortened or inconvenienced just because these two wanted to make a show of themselves. I personally know two young girls who did not get to go back into Fantasyland for treats, rides, & princesses they had planned to return for in the evening before they left. They wont get that chance again for a very long time, but hey, as long as these celebs with nothing holding them back got their special moment. I think they should have waited until after hours or chose another venue. How rude!

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    I think its extremely selfish of the rich to lessen the experiences of the working class just because they can. Hundreds of "normal" visitors had their trips shortened or inconvenienced just because these two wanted to make a show of themselves. I personally know two young girls who did not get to go back into Fantasyland for treats, rides, & princesses they had planned to return for in the evening before they left. They wont get that chance again for a very long time, but hey, as long as these celebs with nothing holding them back got their special moment. I think they should have waited until after hours or chose another venue. How rude!
    I would agree with this assessment.... if it wasn't for the fact that the park closed at 8:00pm that night. Therefore no guests were "inconvenienced" by this private booking....

Rag on...I agree this is selfish, the children should have priority over fame and money..my two cents.
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

WHo's the selfish in this case? Disney is making this available. I blame the company that allows it, not those with the ability to do so taking up the offer. It's like blaming the annual passholder for the crowds.

•   
    • Among mad people

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    I would agree with this assessment.... if it wasn't for the fact that the park closed at 8:00pm that night. Therefore no guests were "inconvenienced" by this private booking....

I don't have an opinion one way or another about this, but was there any truth to staff clearing out fantasyland at 7?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast