Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Minion

Re: Mariah and Nick canon renew their vows tonight in front of the castle

I think if people have the money to do something extravagant and special like this, it's not that big of a deal if they decide to do it. It looks like Carey and Cannon had a great wedding and I'm sure the kiddies had a great time.

For those who say it's wrong for people to buy out parks and force people to leave, how do you feel when the park closes to the general public and leaves it open for annual passholders?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

My friends and their daughters were inconvenienced. They had plans to return to Fantasyland, and could not. If the park knows full well that they will be closing an hour early, and fail to let their guest know, its inconvenient. Nick & Mariah could have waited one hour and spared all of these other people a soured experience.

I honestly find it extremely hard to believe that guests were not notified in one form or another of the closure to FantasyLand. It has been my experience that it is customary for Disney to have signs in place in the affected areas all day making such notifications. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they also have similar signage near the ticket booths?
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Announced or unannounced, having the Mariah & Nick Celebrity LoveAThon during Disneyland's business hours is purely a win-win-win for Disney. They've already got the money that their customers spent on tickets, they've already cut a deal for the big bucks that Mariah & Nick are spending on the ceremony, and they get oodles of free publicity from the adoring media. What's not to love?

The fact that it may upset a few thousand paying customers is irrelevant to the Disney Corp. Disney knows that no matter how much the customers may grumble, they can be counted on to return, happily waving their wallets.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Good point Mr. Wiggins.

I'll double check with my friend on how much notification they received. How it was relayed to me, they sounded surprised. And a few post back someone said that the CMs were telling people they didnt know why they were closing FL early.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345