Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

April 26 & 28 - baby announcement photos and fun!

**UPDATE: Actual TR starts Page 3, post #34 - thanks!**
    ***If you are my friend on Facebook, please do not post anything related to my pregnancy on there. Thank you!!***

First, I'd like to thank the many of you who contributed to my thread (Here: Baby announcement photo ideas at DLR) asking for ideas for announcement photo ideas - I wish I could have attempted all of them! In fact, I was feeling pretty miserable during this trip, especially Friday - the day we were trying to get photos. I wasn't able to do nearly as much as I was hoping for, but we got a few cute shots. We kept it simple with our shirts and the "Baby on Board" sign doing most of the work for us.

So, since we heard and saw the heartbeat yesterday, I'm feeling somewhat more comfortable with the whole thing! I'm trying to wait 4 more weeks (closer to the end of my first trimester) before announcing this on my Facebook page... we'll see if I hold out until then.

I'll start with the baby-related photos, then get into the actual trip report aspects.

First, we had a Photopass Photographer take our picture in front of the castle - I wish we went back later when we didn't have the sun directly in our faces, but oh well!

Then we headed to Fantasyland where I posed in front of Sean's favorite ride

I finally got to ride Jingles! (Check it off! KellyMcG86's Disneyland To-Do List)

And we took advantage of the other props for more photo ops

The lines for characters on Main Street were pretty long, so we headed over to DCA hoping to luck out with some shorter lines. We ran into Pluto, and took the opportunity to snap a photo with him. He was a willing participant! In fact, when I walked up and asked him to hold the sign, he happily took it. The Photopass CM with him yelled that Pluto cannot hold signs, and that I would have to hold it. Pluto shook his head and held the sign in front of him... the CM was clearly irritated, but YAY PLUTO!! I was amused haha

Next, we came across one of my favorite costumed characters - Sully! The Photopass CM there was so great. It was hilarious because I held the sign up and Sully couldn't see it, but was clearly trying to. So I held it in front of his face and he froze, then kissed us both. It was so stinking adorable!

Here he is kissing the hubs, although it kind of looks like he's about to eat him.

I was so sad to not be able to ride one of my favorites, Tower of Terror. I want this baby to stay in this dimension!

And this is the photo I think I'll start with, since it's the most subtle. I'll be making it my Facebook profile picture and see how many people actually read my shirt.

I'll do my actual TR portion in a bit. Thank you again for those of you who have helped me out so far!!
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 05-10-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• i believe in faeries.

Re: April 26 & 28 - baby announcement photos and fun!

omg, i love it!!! you two are so cute!
    i love the disneyland baby announcement idea soooo much! i wish i had thought of announcing either pregnancy in a cute way... can i live vicariously thru u and ur cute announcement? (our first was a welcome surprise, and the second was planned with military precision that when i found it, it was like, FINALLY! lol)

can't wait for additonal pics/the report when you tell us how your friends and family react!

• formerly very helpful

Glad you came up with some photos you like. These are all cute. Part of the fun for me was the different ways I told people my wife was pregnant. My favorite two were when I wrote a note to a friend at work about work related stuff, and ended it with "oh, and my wife is pregnant." She screamed in front of her students. My other favorite was when my wife was sitting down somewhere and I asked someone how many people he thought were in that chair.
    Keep us all posted on how you're doing. TTFN

• i believe in faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    ...my wife was sitting down somewhere and I asked someone how many people he thought were in that chair.
    love it!

• Minion

Cute photos, and congratulations!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Avaren View Post
    omg, i love it!!! you two are so cute!
    i love the disneyland baby announcement idea soooo much! i wish i had thought of announcing either pregnancy in a cute way... can i live vicariously thru u and ur cute announcement? (our first was a welcome surprise, and the second was planned with military precision that when i found it, it was like, FINALLY! lol)

can't wait for additonal pics/the report when you tell us how your friends and family react!
    I'll try to remember to post an update on this thread once I tell everyone. Most close family and friends know, but it will still be fun to see the reaction I get from those who don't know yet! Thank you for your kind words and YES you can totally live vicariously through me lol Just the good parts, though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Glad you came up with some photos you like. These are all cute. Part of the fun for me was the different ways I told people my wife was pregnant. My favorite two were when I wrote a note to a friend at work about work related stuff, and ended it with "oh, and my wife is pregnant." She screamed in front of her students. My other favorite was when my wife was sitting down somewhere and I asked someone how many people he thought were in that chair.
    You always have the best stories!! Haha

I can't wait until I'm very obviously pregnant with a huge belly, and someone is going to come up and ask when I'm due - I'm going to act super offended and be like "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Cute photos, and congratulations!
    Thank you and thank you!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Congratulations. I can't recall how my wife announced ANY of our 3. That's a side-effect of having young children.... you start to get amnesia due to the craziness of it all.

Not sure how many you are planning on, but don't ignore the secondary or tertiary children. My first had her own website with monthly updates... #2... got included on her website here/there... #3... infrequent isntagram child

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Congratulations. I can't recall how my wife announced ANY of our 3. That's a side-effect of having young children.... you start to get amnesia due to the craziness of it all.

Not sure how many you are planning on, but don't ignore the secondary or tertiary children. My first had her own website with monthly updates... #2... got included on her website here/there... #3... infrequent isntagram child
    Thank you! I'm sure they start to blend together after a certain point! lol

I definitely plan to do something special for kid #2 (likely stopping at 2!), hopefully it will also be related to Disneyland as I really want the parks to be a part of our family forever.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post

As another member of the "3 Kid Club" I get what you mean. I started telling my youngest that we stopped at 3, since we finally got it right. It made her happy, but my other two got mad. There's no winning! But seriously, it is hard (impossible) to keep everything completely even. I just try to value each as individuals, and NOT try to keep it all balanced, since each of them is unique in his or her own way. I tell them I love their differences.
    But they still fight over me, which secretly I love since I know that won't last forever.

• *Experiment 999*

nice idea, very adorable congratulations!!!

I was there on the 26th! It was our last day. I don't think I saw anyone with those shirts, although I did get my pic taken with Pluto that morning in DCA about 11:15. It would be funny if we were a few people in front of or behind you.

• Familymemories

All the photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

• Grim Grinning

I love it!! Looking forward to more pictures.

I like the dumbo 1!
    Congrats on jingles!

You can Check out awkwardfamilyphotos for some creepy pregnant pix ideas.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by spacyglitz1 View Post
    nice idea, very adorable congratulations!!!
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I was there on the 26th! It was our last day. I don't think I saw anyone with those shirts, although I did get my pic taken with Pluto that morning in DCA about 11:15. It would be funny if we were a few people in front of or behind you.
    We weren't in the park for very long since I threw in the towel pretty early. I can't remember what time we saw Pluto... it might have been around that time, though! I always wonder how many MiceChatters cross paths at the parks and don't even realize it! Another member messaged me and said she saw us on Friday. I really need to get something on my backpack that says my username so people know for sure it's me, then come up and say HI!!

Quote Originally Posted by familymemories View Post
    All the photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I love it!! Looking forward to more pictures.
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    I like the dumbo 1!
    Congrats on jingles!

You can Check out awkwardfamilyphotos for some creepy pregnant pix ideas.
    Hahaha I've been on that site!! I might reenact a creepy pose or two purely for the laugh factor lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast