Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Tell me this isn't true....

There may be a thread already about this, but i read this on Wikipedia about Pirates of the Caribbean

In 2006, Walt Disney Imagineering will give both versions at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom major overhauls to coincide with the release of the second movie in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. Both storylines will be completely dismantled and replaced with storylines involving Captain Barbossa (from the first movie) and Davy Jones (from the second and third movies) leading separate searches for Jack Sparrow through the many scenes of the original attractions. The "Hurricane Scene", the "Crews Quarters Scene", the "Captains Quarters Scene" and the "Treasure Scene" at Disneyland will all be unchanged visually except for a few new props used in the movies. The Disneyland ride will receive its official re-opening at the world premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which will also be held at Disneyland.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Re: Tell me this isn't true....

Yes this is true. Anything Disney touches today is crap.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

son of a bitch....
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    son of a bitch....
    Yep that is how I feel. Fortunately most of the scenes will remain the same but the battle scene will be totally modified by changing it with the black pearl. The good news is that all the sound systems in the ride are being updated to digital surround sound and none of the AA's will be replaced except for the captain on the ship for captain barbossa.

I dont understand why they just dont try this on WDW's version first before they mess with a timeless classic like that. I am all for the major rehab but all that is required is to freshen up everything as it is.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 01-20-2006 at 04:36 PM.

• And, THEN she said...

well, that sucks

• șoș Tom șoș

Al Lutz posted this news months ago in a lot more detail. They say overlay like its temporary but I think thats a method of appeasing the fans and just let it sink in before they let it stay on permently!

• They wanna know, HO!

It' WIKIPEDIA. Don't trust them for rumors at all, might as well ask a CM.....
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    It' WIKIPEDIA. Don't trust them for rumors at all, might as well ask a CM.....
    It does not matter Al Lutz on this website as well have been saying it too. I also agree it is a pitiful way to shove this junk down the fans necks to get them to accept the change.

Look, all they need to do is get rid of the PC crap and bring it back to the way it was and restore the scenes to their original luster. That would be the best gift they could give us but no they want to make it their own.

• Official Mice Chat person

I have mixed feelings about it... I will miss the original attraction greatly, because I won't be able to visit the resort before it goes down for the re-do (I only go to dl once a year), so now all I will have is memories... but at the same time I am very very excited to see what they will do.

While they have the ride drained, are they going to fix any mechanical issues (if any?) I think awhile back, there was a thread commenting on how there was a leak in one scene (which is above the lift chain). I remember seeing it in the ride too but can't remember. I wonder how people will react?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    While they have the ride drained, are they going to fix any mechanical issues (if any?) I think awhile back, there was a thread commenting on how there was a leak in one scene (which is above the lift chain). I remember seeing it in the ride too but can't remember. I wonder how people will react?
    I believe they are replacing all the mechanics of the ride, thus the 3-4 month rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    Yes. Disney is well aware of that leak and the ceiling condition, and many pages worth of stuff that most of us never notice. The leak is a high priority item.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Al Lutz posted this news months ago in a lot more detail. They say overlay like its temporary but I think thats a method of appeasing the fans and just let it sink in before they let it stay on permently!
    Some of the update sound really cool and other parts....well.... not so great. We will have to wait and see. I'm not going to write this off yet.

Although I loved the POTC movie, I don't agree with updating the "original" ride at DLR in accordance with the movie. I mean, POTC has been around since I can remember. It's one of those Disney rides that I never get tired of. The "new" version might be more tecnologically advanced, but will never be what the original ride was. I'm going to have to go on the ride a few more times before the original ride is "updated" with the new stuff.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

All apologies like Cobain, but I gotta give this thread the ol' http://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/8531.jpg

A warning to kids and people that don't want to see a bad word: don't click on the above link!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast