Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Fantasmic Premium Viewing- Worth it or not?

If you have done the Premium viewing for Fantasmic, do you feel it was worth it.? I honestly don't care so much about the dessert tray, for me I am thinking of wether or not this will save me from having to sit for 2 hours on the ground to get a decent view. So let me know what you all think.

• The doctor is in

Re: Fantasmic Premium Viewing- Worth it or not?

I almost booked for this until I found out it was close to $60 a person. I would rather sit on the ground for free or make a dinner reservation at Cafe Orleans and sit outside.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Did it once, enjoyed it. Dessert tray, reserved seating on actual chairs, and all the coffee/hot chocolate you like during the show. Don't know that I'd do it often, but a time or two? Sure.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MargyDisneylandLover

I have done this twice...imo it is totally worth it and I will do it again!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• Under that tree again!

It's great for a special occasion or once in a lifetime visit. Don't wait two hours, see the second show.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I booked it once, and it ended up getting rained out the whole week we were there. I may try it again for our upcoming trip, because my youngest have never seen F! and the rest of us haven't seen it in 12 years.

• #bringevilback

If your only goal is to avoid the wait, follow swampymarsh's advise and just see the second show. Be there at the end too the first and swoop in for front row seats as people leave

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if the second show will be possible because I will be going with wife and a 2 year old. His bed time is 8 PM right now. I feel like I could stretch him to the 9 PM showing but the 10:30 is a probably a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by RemainSeatedPlz87 View Post
    I have done this twice...imo it is totally worth it and I will do it again!
    I have heard from older posts that you still have get there early for Premium viewing. Is this true? Is the viewing area elevated enough for an unobstructed view or are there still people or objects obstructing your view?

Have you ate at Café Orleans during Fantasmic? Is the view good from there? Do you need to request(and can you) a table facing Rivers for a good view, if you make reservations?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I almost booked for this until I found out it was close to $60 a person. I would rather sit on the ground for free or make a dinner reservation at Cafe Orleans and sit outside.
    Have you ate at Café Orleans during Fantasmic? Is the view good from there? Do you need to request(and can you) a table facing Rivers for a good view, if you make reservations

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

From an Elk Grover to a Roseviller, I say yes it is worth it. Have done this numerous times and there is no better way to see Fantasmic. No jostling, no kids on shoulders, delicious dessert tray. You should line up for the seating early to get the front row of the seating but if you get the back row you can stand up if you want to as well. As an aside, it was WAY better when it was up on the balcony of the Disney Gallery but it is great as it is now.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    From an Elk Grover to a Roseviller, I say yes it is worth it. Have done this numerous times and there is no better way to see Fantasmic. No jostling, no kids on shoulders, delicious dessert tray. You should line up for the seating early to get the front row of the seating but if you get the back row you can stand up if you want to as well. As an aside, it was WAY better when it was up on the balcony of the Disney Gallery but it is great as it is now.
    Thanks so much for the advice. I think you just sold me on it. It will be a surprise for the wife.

You need to show up early to reserve your seat, but after that you can wander until pretty close to show time. It was nice, they brought us coffee and hot chocolate, didn't even have to walk to the gate to get it. And yes, no jostling, no kids on shoulders, nobody standing in front of you. That's nice when you're short, like me.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Former Churro Jockey

He!! yes it is worth it! And it makes a great date too. I mean, besides the great views of Fantasmic and the really good desserts you get to try (they're all bite size), who doesn't enjoy getting to feel like a VIP for a little bit? If I go with a girlfriend, I usually will do either Blue Bayou or the Fantasmic dessert buffet if I can afford it at the time.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast