Red Face Do I Have A Valuable Pin???

I donít remember how this pin came into my possession but many years ago when I was younger an older pin trader stopped me and asked me what I wanted for my Tinker Bell pin. He noticed I was collecting the golden ride vehicle pins and offered one of his in exchange for the Tink. I declined because I just loved the pin too much. Then he offered me two pins for my pin. You could tell that he really wanted this pin. Tempted I turned to my grandma and asked for her advice. She told me not to if I wasnít fully convinced. I declined again, he asked me if I was sure and I said yes and he was on his marry way.
    I am by no means a serious pin trader but the few times I have gone to a trading event this is really the only pin that gets attention. Does this pin have any value or is it just coincidence that Iíve run into people with similar taste in pins.

Name:  tumblr_mm5fx8NLYH1ryiig2o2_500.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  143.3 KB
    Name:  tumblr_mm5fx8NLYH1ryiig2o1_500.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  149.2 KB

The second pin in question is something I found in my great uncles garage. It has an unusual back that I havenít seen before.
    Name:  tumblr_mm5g2dh4k71ryiig2o2_500.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  122.7 KB
    Name:  tumblr_mm5g2dh4k71ryiig2o1_500.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  137.7 KB
    Thanks for the help in advanced

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: Do I Have A Valuable Pin???

Not sure about the tinkerbell one but the frontierland pin is from a old set involving the many lands of the parks which were including Frontierland:Adventureland,
    fantasyland,Tomrrowland,NOS,Bear Country,and Main street USA

• Under that tree again!

That second one is very old, before pin trading began. You might try to find it on ebay, search "Disney pin, frontieland pete" and maybe Taiwan. Taiwan is the clue that it is old since it's not China where contempory pins are from.

The first one is a limited edition and is older, but not super old like the other. Try to find it on ebay too for pricing.

Don't expect hundreds, but maybe dinner at a chain steakhouse.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Check pinpics.com too. For the Frontierland pin search under the keywords Disneyland 30th. That pin was part of the 30th Anniversary celebration and was a giveaway pin at the gate. It's a fairly common pin though yours looks to be a variant. I believe the original had pointed edges.
    For the Tinkerbell pin try Disneyland 50th or Magical Milestones and limit the search to Disneyland only. The Magical Milestones pin series was quite extensive and some of the pins are rare but not all of them.
    PinPics uses a have/want ratio. In theory (at least what I've deduced) the less people trading a pin versus a high rate of those wanting it means it might be a more valuable pin.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm not a pin person but another indication that the Frontierland pin is old is that the back is stamped "Walt Disney Productions". By the time pin trading began the name of the company had already been changed to The Walt Disney Company.

• Minion

The first pin (#39451 if you want to search it on pinpics.com) is part of the Magical Milestones starter set. It was released in 2005. The other (#1362) has a bit of interesting history, was released in 1985, and is much more "valuable" in terms of money--assuming you find a buyer.

• Selfie Expert

There's a forum on here for pin traders, you may get more information in there.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• DLR Enthusiast

I'm not allowed to start pin trading.... I tend to have problems with going a bit over the top when it comes to collectors items.
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

I loved the Magical Milestones pins and have a couple, my favorite being the ticket book, but I don't remember seeing the Tinker Bell one. Maybe it is rare. I have the Main St version of the second pin. I wear it on the bottom of my lanyard to keep it together. I remember when I got it I was so disappointed that it wasn't Fantasyland. I was only 12 or 13 and Main St wasn't very exciting to me. Now it is one of my favorites and I'm glad I kept hold of it over the years.