Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Special Agent

Re: Iron Man not set in the future therefore does not belong in Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Captain EO, and Innoventions need to go or change themes to something more appropriate.
    The 1959 Submarine Voyage was based on the 1958 voyage of the very real and very current USS Nautilus. Was it inappropriate for Tomorrowland?

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    The 1959 Submarine Voyage was based on the 1958 voyage of the very real and very current USS Nautilus. Was it inappropriate for Tomorrowland?
    But now it's "Ride the cartoon" Subs.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

They need to give him a restaurant on Main Street. End of story.

• Banned User

Agree with everyone! Ironman fits just as much as everything else in the place. The land is called Tomorrowland and Stark industries deals with technology of tomorrow....which is what Innoventions is suppose to be anyway, so whats the issue?

I really think IF Marvel ever comes to DL it will be Ironman first.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    That's why all these attractions not based on the future or the ones that have lost their edge must go in order for Tomorrowland to reclaim greatness. Using a few attractions as an example why Tomorrowland should continue going down the wrong path isn't a good strategy.

Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Captain EO, and Innoventions need to go or change themes to something more appropriate.
    I just wish they'd update Autopia. Although it doesn't fit, I'd hate to see it go.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• -

Only if it was a common everyday occurrence for the general public to do sightseeing underwater on a nuclear powered sub.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I really think IF Marvel ever comes to DL it will be Ironman first.
    If? He's already there.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If? He's already there.
    LOL true, but I mean something more permanent and tied to the land. Not just a tempoary exhibit. But many keep thinking the exhibit is a test and if it is it seems to be passing with flying colors in terms of interest. Are there still lines for it?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I just wish they'd update Autopia. Although it doesn't fit, I'd hate to see it go.
    Well to be fair, they did update it around 2000 to make it feel a bit more futuristic looking but there is really only so much you can do since its cars on the road. HKDL has the newest Autopia than all the parks and it doesnt feel anymore futuristic either (and that land its suppose to be a space colony...yeah).

I think Disney finally needs to invent flying cars to really fit in with the land at this point!

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Well to be fair, they did update it around 2000 to make it feel a bit more futuristic looking but there is really only so much you can do since its cars on the road. HKDL has the newest Autopia than all the parks and it doesnt feel anymore futuristic either (and that land its suppose to be a space colony...yeah).

I think Disney finally needs to invent flying cars to really fit in with the land at this point!
    Disney needs to stick the Autopia cars on LIMs and let them rip!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Dive ..... Dive.....

The attraction vehicle was not the futuristic selling point even though the public had never seen such a technical marvel in person, it was about the unknown universe we could discover in the ocean. It was a far more futuristic and credible theme than we have today. Had Disney decided to take the harder route by re-imagining the original concept, we would have had a much better attraction with a far wider demographic draw.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-02-2013 at 01:44 PM.

• curiouser and curiouser

I don't want anything Marvel in the park, not because I don't think it would fit with the Tomorrowland theme, but because I feel that the movies are too action-y, if that makes any sense.
    They rely too much on destruction and typical action battle sequences which I don't think fits into my view of what Disneyland represents.

Don't get me wrong, Transformers and Spiderman for example are both amazing attractions, but I prefer those types of attractions in Universal.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    I don't want anything Marvel in the park, not because I don't think it would fit with the Tomorrowland theme, but because I feel that the movies are too action-y, if that makes any sense.
    They rely too much on destruction and typical action battle sequences which I don't think fits into my view of what Disneyland represents.

Don't get me wrong, Transformers and Spiderman for example are both amazing attractions, but I prefer those types of attractions in Universal.
    I concur with your assessment.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post

I respect your view on it, you make valid points here. I however, Disagree. I think the Marvel stuff is of good quality and its done in a very imaginative way. Its not violence and action for the sake of violence and action. I see Marvel as an equivilant to like Star Wars or Indiana Jones, yes its action-y but its fantasy action.

So, I really have no problem with Marvel at Disneyland. On a side note, What I **DO** have a problem with is all the cheap Disney TV animation like 'Phineas and Ferb' and 'Jake and the Neverland Pirates' crap making appearances at Disneyland Resort. Those cartoons in my opinion are NOT of Disney quality, they reek of cheapness and are something that belong on Nickelodeon. I wish they'd stop having those characters walking around the resort and giving them permanent shows like at DCA (Disney Jr. LIVE!). I think that is the type of stuff that brings Disneyland and the resort down, not Marvel.

• Banned User

I guess I dont nderstand exactly what would be in the often talked about Stark Expo, but would you guys realy rather have this than a complete tear down and a new e-ticket ride in its place. These technology expos, be it Innoventions or the techno of the future attractions at EPCOT are extremely boring and rather empty.
    I love the edutainment attractions of epcot, but the expo variety of attractions are REALY boring and never get much of an audience.

It's all about the technology that will make Iron Man into Tomorrowland.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast