Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Iron Man not set in the future therefore does not belong in Tomorrowland?

It's extremely advanced tech that we don't have, and therefore it's at least futuristic enough for me.

I think it's troublesome to set a specific future official "date" for when Tomorrowland should take place. That's what 60s Tomorrowland was and nothing turned out that way by the 80s.

Maybe what Tomorrowland should really be is what we wish the future to look like and what we can do in the future.

Also...who's to say that no one will watch Downtown Abbey re-runs in the future?

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    You make a good point, Thor is second to mostly fit the theme of Tomorrowland. But, like you said, the Thor's popularity doesn't really compares to Iron Man. I think even Captain America may be slightly more popular than Thor.
    I think Captain America and The Hulk combined are more popular than Thor.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I am curious...

Seeing that the inclusion of Marvel at some point is inevitable, how many of you would rather have a different member of The Avengers be the main focus for Tomorrowland? Imagine attractions based off Captain America or Thor or The Hulk. They don't really strike the same nerve for me, personally.
    Out of all the characters I still think Iron Man is the best bet due to the character of Tony Stark. He is tech savvy, charismatic, and has a lot of technology that could realistically exist in our own future. Out of the choices we have he is the best fit for Tomorrowland.
    Marvel has an entire universe of characters outside of the Avengers. The Fantastic 4 would fit into Tomorrowland just as well as Iron Man.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Marvel has an entire universe of characters outside of the Avengers. The Fantastic 4 would fit into Tomorrowland just as well as Iron Man.
    I personally think X-Men would be awesome, but that might just be me.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    It's extremely advanced tech that we don't have, and therefore it's at least futuristic enough for me.

I think it's troublesome to set a specific future official "date" for when Tomorrowland should take place. That's what 60s Tomorrowland was and nothing turned out that way by the 80s.
    Just an FYI ........ The designers of "1967 Tomorrowland" never set any particular date. The only version of TL that set any date .. was Tomorrowland upon opening date - 1955 ... in which they used the return of Halley's Comet - 1986. And ironically .... when we think about those corporate sponsored exhibits - Crane, Monsanto, AT&T, Kaiser, etc .... they did accurately depict the future - The dominance of corporations in more recent modern times!

And just one little anecdotal comment I'd like to make: How can we expect anything in past Tomorrowlands to be ready for us today? Patience. To think we can head off to the moon .. and to Mars .. and beyond in just a few short decades? The "futures" Tomorrowland has represented ... are still futuristic ... Are still decades or centuries away. Economics, and some technologies are slow in the making. Orange County can't get a mass transit going to save itself. I won't doubt it will take another 30 to 50 years before OC sees it's first daily operating Peoplemover or Monorail ... or some elevated system to get around in. As far as outerspace travel goes - I expect it will take a full century before we have the technology to move just within our solar system .. safely (getting past radiation levels outside Earth's orbit) ... and move with any decent speed.

So ... I never expected what was depicted in the 1967 Tomorrowland to be ready by the time I became an adult in the late 80s. Barely 20 years later. LOL .... the things depicted there .... I'll give it another full century.

Which is what the future of Tomorrowland should be. Not a Tomorrowland with the expectation that those things should be on our front doorsteps in 10 - 20 years ..... but 100 years .. or more.

I like pineapplewhipaddict's idea - What we wish it to be.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• film975

When you think about it though, Iron Man wasn't really that popular either. Not until after Robert Downey, Jr.'s movie about him came out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345