Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After Hours

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Re: After Hours

Here are the final nominees! Do not forget that the animatronics in Disneyland voted too

Main Street U.S.A.https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3166026324/1a1bf00920e59f43482d6f97739f8b39.jpeg[/URL]Esmeralda

Adventureland:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3515/3467395996_1221d8e5a7.jpg[/URL]Jane

New Orleans Square:
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/438840621_a22e42ef25_o.jpg[/URL]Redhead aka Scarlett

Critter Country:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QEyFIN2cQG8/UUpc5P8mGFI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/4fzpHPQKrnk/s1600/url-2.jpeg[/URL]Ruth, aka mother rabbit

Frontierland:http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocre...gqdo7roj.1.jpg
    The indian woman in the center of the picture kneeling down, her name is Magena which means "moon"

Fantasyland:
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...I1fPnxRG4_q-Lg Snow White

Toontown:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3229/2865264855_17b696f861.jpg[/URL]Jessica Rabbit

Tomorrowland:
    http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2479/3701855681_71836f9a35_z.jpg?zz=1][/URL]
    Darla

You guys know the nominees before the Disneyland animatronics do! I will say what happens on my "After Hours" thread. The competition will take a few nights: 1st night is the race around Disneyland, 2nd night is the talent competition, and the 3rd night is the question/answer round. Our lovely judges (Peter Pan #2, Indiana Jones #1, and Tom Morrow) will announce the winner on the 4th night! So, that means the winner will be announced on Thursday, June 13th. I hope you are all excited to see who wins!

We also welcomed 2 new members to the Disney family! Figaro and Jay from the new Fantasy Faire! I forgot to talk to you guys about them. Jay loves to sing and Figaro loves to sleep. They memorize the "Topsy Turvy" music that comes from Clopin's Music Box. They love Disneyland already and they are excited to see the Miss Disneyland competition.

Talk to you all on Friday to announce Miss Disneyland!
    Last edited by Tilly; 06-12-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Miss Disneyland

Day 1: Everyone went into the Royal Theatre for the announcement of the nominees. For meetings we usually go into Abe’s place, but this is a girly event. Anyway, once everyone was settled I am the MC, so I got up on the stage and said,

“Welcome to our first Miss Disneyland competition! After tallying all of your votes and the votes from online, we have our nominees! As I say your name, please come up on stage. For Main Street, it is my best friend Esmeralda, for Adventureland we have Jane, for New Orleans Square we have Scarlett, for Critter Country we have Ruth, for Frontierland we have Magena, for Fantasyland we have Snow White, for Toontown we have Jessica Rabbit #2 and for Tomorrowland we have Darla #2. Please give a round of applause to our nominees!”

All of them walked on stage, smiled, and waved to the crowd. I could see that some ladies were disappointed for not being picked, but they cheered their friends on anyway. I continued,

“I would also like to invite our judges to the stage as well, so Peter Pan #2, Indiana Jones #1, and Tom Morrow please come to the stage.” Once they went up I started to ask them some questions,]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8530/8584146813_ed59434dcb_n.jpg[/URL][URL="http://micechat.com/url?http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/6y4nSRAp9ys/hqdefault.jpg[/URL]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwEX8nO-fK2_4wsRbQqWmjXXAW7lE1rEzYrLKWndASPVtSAyv99Q

“So Peter, are you excited to be a judge?”

“Yes Tilly, I am. I’ve known these girls for a long time and it would be a tough decision to pick just one.”

“Thank you Peter, now Tom, which round are you most excited for?”

“I can’t wait to see the talent round! I want to see something interesting and different than what other people suspect.”

“I want to see something like that too! Indy, can you please explain the rules to these ladies please?”

“Sure, rule number one: do not cause injuries to another contestant so no hitting, kicking, or making them break down. Rule number two: no copy cats meaning do not copy someone’s act for the talent round and do not copy someone’s answer to the question/answer round like saying “world peace”. And rule number three: no lying or cheating. Finally rule number four: just have fun!”

“Thank you Indy, everyone we will start the competition tomorrow night with the history round, but it is also the best dressed contest as well. Everyone, we will see you all tomorrow night at Abe’s theater! Have a great night!”

Day 2: People went to Lincoln’s place. I helped get Shrunken Ned “head” over there(ha ha). The contestants were on stage in their best outfits. Really, it is what they wear every day. They were behindt he curtain and I would call out each one to show off their clothes.

“Welcome everyone to the first round of our competition! (*claps*) Tonight, our contestants will show off their best clothes one-by-one. After that, I will quiz them with a bit of Disneyland history. But first, please wave hello to our judges who are sitting in the front row! (They stood up and waved behind them) They will be judging the clothes by beauty, style, and originality. We will tell the details for the history quiz a little later. Ladies are you ready?” (“Ready!”)“Ok, then let’s begin!” (*claps*)

“First up is Esmeralda, she is going with some bright colorsin her skirt. Her head wrap is the perfect touch. Even though it is 15thcentury, she enjoys giving fortunes to today’s guests.” (Esmeralda goes back behind the curtain). “Jane here has a 19thcentury English yellow dress. She looks very sophisticated and neat with her hair up, the white gloves, and the purplet ie under the collar. She enjoys sketching Tarzan and likes to journal about the animals on the Jungle Cruise.”(Jane waves and goes behind the curtain). “Up next is Scarlett with a ravishing red dress and a red captain hat. She shows off her beauty when she is working, but she currently does not want to date anyone after the auctioneer was cheating on her.” (Then Scarlett went behind the curtains). “Now we have Ruth, oh, well Ruth is wearing her fur. That takes a long time to grow in and stay that sleek and shiny. Ruth adores her children and her best friend Molly the mole.” (Ruth hops back behind the curtains). “Magena here has a hand-made dress. It is a tan-ish brown color with a blue pattern on the sleeves and upper back. She is also wearing a satchel, moccasins, and red ponytails. She enjoys telling stories to the children with her husband Mingan.” (Mingan is the storyteller on the Rivers of America, Mingan means “gray wolf” for he is wearing the skin and ears of one on his head. Magena does the Pocahontas goodbye wave thing and goes.) “Snow White has her infamous dress on. It is yellow on the bottom, with a blue top and a red pattern on the blue sleeves. Of course, she has her red headband. She enjoys living with the seven dwarves, she likes to whistle while she works not during the day of course, and she likes to bake pies.” (Snow White blows a kiss to the crowd and goes behind the curtain). “Up next is Jessica Rabbit” (she shows her leg first from behind the curtain) “Jessica is wearing this sparkly strapless pink dress. There is a slit from the bottom of the dress going up to about above her thigh. She is not wearing the ropes like she usually does for work. She enjoys having fun with Roger and feeling so lucky to have him.” (Every guy was drooling over her and she walked slowly back behind the curtain). “Finally, we have Darla, she is wearing a pink scuba diving outfit with flippers and goggles. She has braces on and two pigtails. Darla says she likes to be with her twin sister Darla #1. She likes to hang out with Pinocchio and Lampwick over at Autopia and Darla always wins.” (All of the contestants came backout).

I continue, “Well, we have seen some pretty outfits tonight, but let’s test your Disneyland knowledge! Can we get some chairs over here please?” (the Geppettos made some chairs for the occasion and brought them on stage) “Thank you Geppettos for your time to make these for us. Now ladies, Wendy #1 will ask a question about Disneyland, when you know the answer, try and be the firstto stand up, if you guess correctly you get a point, if you guess it wrong, then someone else can answer. Please wait until she has said the whole question. Wendy teaches the small world children about Disney history, how to dance, and how to sing. Since the children are out of school for summer, this is what she will do for us. Whenever you’re ready Wendy.”

“Thank you Tilly, now here is the first question. When did Disneyland first open?” (Esmeralda and Snow White stand) “Esmeralda was first, so please say your answer.” Ezzy said, “July 17, 1955.” Wendy said, “That is correct, everyone should know that. Alright, How many happy haunts are in the Haunted Mansion according to the ghost host?” (Ruth, Esmeralda, Scarlett, Snow White, and Jessica stood up) “Yes, Ruth, what is your answer?” Ruth replied, “999 happy haunts.” Wendy said, “Good job! Now which mountain is the tallest in Disneyland?” (everyone stood up) “Magena, go ahead” Magena said, “The Matterhorn.” “I’m sorry, but that is incorrect,” Wendy replied. “Darla was the next one up, so Darla what is your answer?” “It’s Space Mountain!,” Darla exclaimed. Wendy says, “Yes, Space Mountain is the tallest. Alright now, last question. How many Disney characters arein ‘it’s a small world’?” (everyone had to think for a while, and then Jessica stood up) Jessica says, “15?” “No, that is wrong, anyone else?,” Wendy asks. (Scarlett stands) “25?,” Scarlett answers. Wendy says, “That is not right either, do you guys give up?” (Then Snow White stands up) Snow White answers, “29 Disney characters.” Wendy replies, “Yes, there are 29 Disney characters on ‘it’s a small world’! Great work everyone!”

I say, “Please give all of them a round of applause for their hard work. Now, Day 1 is over, but come tomorrow night for the second day of the competition! Thank you so much for coming!”

Sorry that it took me so long to write this. I will submit part 2 and 3 of Miss Disneyland as quickly as I can. It is just hard to MC and then remember everything you know? I don’t want to be caught on the computer by a human either! Any thoughts? “I hope you enjoyed the first round!
    Last edited by Tilly; 06-20-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-

Miss Disneyland Part 2

Day 3: Once again, I get Ned out of his booth and walk him over to Lincoln’s theater. He asks me,“Can’t wait to see all of the talents! What is Ezzy doing?” I reply,“That is for me to know and for you to find out.” I sit him down in the front row next to the judges.

I welcome everyone, “Glad you guys came back! Tonight, we will see the talent portion of the competition. Our judges our ready, so let’s bring out the first contestant!”

“Esmeralda will be doing magic today.” Esmeralda had some cards in her hands, the Haunted Mansion themed ones, and walked down to the judges. She asks them, “Please pick a card from my hand, I only have spades. Memorize your card and give it to me, it will be separated from the deck, I will not look at them. Ned will hold on to the cards and be a witness.” (She puts the cards face down in front of Ned separated to know who picked which one) “Peter, you have a historical feud with Captain Hook yes?” (Peter agrees) “He doesn’t despise just you does he? Isn’t there an animal involved?” Peter says,“Yeah, the crocodile.” (Ezzy shows his card to Peter) “Peter did you choose the Ace of Spades, for it has a crocodile in the picture?" “Yes I did.” “Alright, thank you. Now Indy, you have been on many adventures correct?” (Indy nods) “What was the scariest moment in one of your adventures besides snakes?” Indy says, “I’d have to say being stuck in quick sand.” Ezzy asks,“How many people were with you at the time?” “There were two others,” Indy said. “Then Indy let me show you your card, is it the Jack of Spades with the three men sinking in quick sand?” “Yes it is,” he replied. “Good, and now Tom, what is your favorite number?” Tom says, “10.” Ezzy continues, “Did you pick the 10 of Spades?” (Tom nods). Everyone gives a big round of applause for Esmeralda. “Amazing folks,” I said.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4007/4258412536_ba6e25a3ea_z.jpg[/URL]

Jane sketched the judges and I (I looked quite pretty). Scarlett, borrowed the lute from the pirate trio from Pirates of the Caribbean and played “Yo Ho! A Pirate’s Life For Me,”because that is the only song he could teach to her. Ruth brought in her three children and had me lay down long-ways on the stage, she jumped across all 4 of us! Magena did the fastest basket weaving I have ever seen, she gave the basket to the judges, to keep their votes in it. Snow White sang of course, we were all in a daze just like the seven dwarves when she performed. Jessica, since she wears rope all day, she was an escape artist for the night, the weasels tied her up real good, her hands behind her back, her feet and she freed herself! Darla, she made us all go outside to where the submarines are, and she held her breath for the longest time, we knew thatshe holds her breath when humans visit, so we knew she could hold it for hours and forced her to stop (Even though we don’t have lungs, she could not think of anything else).

We all went back to the theater and I said, “Wow, we have lots of talent here at Disneyland! Now, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the last round of our competition. Each contestant will be asked a certainquestion and they must answer in the best way possible, it is based on their opinion. They cannot copy someone’s answer, for they will be disqualified. Are you all ready? Come on out girls!”

I asked them each a question one-by-one and here are the responses I got

Me: Who is your best friend and why?
    Esmeralda: You Tilly, because we own Main Street, live our lives in a booth, and you have a beautiful personality
    Me: Thank you, I know I’m your best friend, I just wanted to hear you say it

Me: What would you give to all of the animatronics?
    Jane: The privilege to leave the park without fear

Me: What do you like to do in the park?
    Scarlett: I like to flirt with some of the pirates, ride the Matterhorn, and look down Main Street from the “Partners” statue

Me: What is your favorite land that is not your own and why?
    Ruth: I love Fantasyland, because it is so magical and a lot of my friends live there

Me: What would you do as Miss Disneyland?
    Magena: Let all of the animals on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to not be locked in those walls anymore

Me: If you could change Disneyland, what would you do?
    Snow White: I would make the old animatronics come back and have everyone live here forever

Me: What would you say to a human?
    Jessica: I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way

Me: If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
    Darla: I would wish for a new fish, a new scuba diving outfit, and for Pinocchio #1 to like me (the crowd goes “aww” and Darla blushes, Pinocchio #1 smiles, the other Pinocchios were grossed out)

“Great answers everyone, ladies, you don’t have to do anything more, it is all up to the judges for now on. Tomorrow night, we will come back in here and find out who is the first Miss Disneyland! Goodnight everybody!”

Day 4: Grab Ned and people are excited coming down Main Street. Some are whispering who they want to win, others can’t decide. It will be a thrilling night for all of us.

“Hello everyone! (*claps*) I’m Tilly as you all know, I am also just someone who can’t wait to hear who Miss Disneyland will be! Let’s bring out our ladies! (they go on stage) Girls, you have come a long way, from wardrobe to knowing our history, from talent and then answering a simple question and it all comes down to this. Geppetto was willing enough to make a crown out of wood,(Geppetto brings in the crown) because the Queens of Hearts nor the Evil Queens would give theirs away. The crown has a ‘D’ in it for ‘Disneyland’. Our judges Peter Pan, Indiana Jones, and Tom Morrow are going to reveal who they think deserves the title Miss Disneyland, ladies good luck!”

The judges came on stage, I stood to the side with the crown in my hands. Indy says, “These ladies brought their all to the table, they are all talented and all should have a crown for their effort.” “Yes, they are all pretty, caring, and loyal to our park, it was very hard to choose just one”Peter said. Tom said, “This lady represents are park, because when someone says ‘Disneyland’ they think of her instantly. She has an amazing talent, everyone knows her very well, she is beautiful, so that is why we picked...(long pause, all the contestants were holding hands)…Scarlett.”

The pirates started to sing “Yo Ho! A Pirate’s Life For Me!” Scarlett was shocked and started to tear up. I came over and put the crown on her head. Two card soldiers gave her a bouquet of roses that were painted red. The other contestants clapped for her like good sports. Scarlett waved to the crowd and gave a bow. She kept saying, “Thank you, thank you” to me, to the judges, and to the crowd. Everyone gave her a standing ovation. It was a pretty scene (if only there was confetti). Most people were pleased that she won.

Since Scarlett won: She hides her crown behind a basket of fruit near where she stands on Pirates of the Caribbean. The wenches have a reason to cry, because they don’t have the crown. People call her “Miss Disneyland” more often than Scarlett. All of the pirates, or Ishould say every male animatronic wants to be her boyfriend. Therefore, she has a date every night in many spots around the park, but she hasn’t picked anyone specifically as long as it’s not the auctioneer.
    http://testdb.msmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Pirate-Wench-Bride.jpg[/URL]

I hope you are happy with the judges’ decision. If you are angry, put it out on them, not me. Tom is more out in the open, so you can yell at him all you want. Thank you for staying with us through this journey!
    Last edited by Tilly; 06-20-2013 at 01:24 PM.

A great story, thank you so much for sharing your adventures Tilly!

Horace Fusslebottom and Boney

You probably do not recognize these names, but they are the only living things in the Haunted Mansion (besides the ravens).
    [http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2632/...620f0b4cf6.jpg

The caretaker and the dog are some memorable friends of mine at Disneyland. You may not know this, but Horace likes to do stand-up comedy! Boney, poor thing, just needs more oil to fill himself up. This iconic duo makes us laugh and helped make Disneyland the way it is today.

It had been a few years since the Haunted Mansion opened and Horace was doing a performance over at Abe's theater in front of everyone, saying how Madame Leota is the "head" lady of the mansion. He started talking about Mickey Mouse and why people get excited to see him. He thought it would be funny to put little Mickey heads across the park, so people would be happy to see those instead! He said, "We can call them 'Hidden Mickeys' and it would be like a treasure hunt. Not a real one, I'm looking at you pirates.'

Anyway, he got together a lot of animatronics to help out with this "Hidden Mickey" idea. Ezzy, Ned, and I joined just for fun. I honestly thought it would not work. He made certain groups go to certain lands in the park and make these so called "Hidden Mickeys". We just started to press into the walls and floors, but then they would be painted over. It was hard, because we did not want to break our hands. Horace called it off for a while, it was very tiring to keep them intact.

Once new rides came many years later, John from Peter Pan's Flight reminded Horace about his "Hidden Mickey" thing after a performance. He totally forgot about them and thought it would be fun to try it a second time. He told the Country Bears, everyone on Snow White's ride, Splash Mountain, and Indiana Jones' ride to be involved. The Small World dolls wanted to be in on it too, they can reach small places. He told everyone his story and to think of creative ways to add Mickey into every attraction.

Horace wanted to make the smallest Hidden Mickey on the newest ride, which was Splash Mountain. It is really well known by the entrance to the queue:
    http://www.busyornot.com/wp-content/...plashsign2.jpg

Indy broke into a store and made a pair of Mickey ears with "Bones" in honor of Boney, Horace's dog. Then, Indy thought of putting it on a skeleton, so that it would make sense.
    ]http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/picture/bonesan.jpg?pictureId=1419231&asGalleryImage=true

The Country Bears did not really do anything to their attraction, but to others. Horace thought that it should not just be about Mickey, but other characters. When Gomer overheard that their show would not show again, Horace wrote a note and put it in Buff's mouth:

Dear Cast Member,
    To remember the wonderful performances we have made, leave us still hanging around to see the next one. Please make hidden mickey heads around the park to honor who Walt started with.
    -Buff, Max, and Melvin

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3k3boptBs1qfqieg.jpg

I think whoever got the letter was a bit freaked out and thought they would attack her if they did not do what they wished. We are so glad the three of them are still here.

The Small World dolls did the most part, but they did not do any for their own. Someone started the thought about 3 balloons being together and they are fine with that. They made the seashell one on POTC, they made a little Mickey Mouse for Big Ben on Peter Pan's Flight and they make the alphabet blocks say "PAN" or "DISNEY". They make the plate settings in the Haunted Mansion, painted Mr. Toad's eye and made the 3 gears on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad too.

Then, when a ride would be renovating, we would sneak into it at night and find a Hidden Mickey to make sure they have done what we asked for. I remember seeing the little white one on the armor for the first time. Now every time someone new comes to the park, we have to explain our little joke to them. I think when the 50th anniversary came around, Hidden Mickeys exploded into existence.
    http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/picture/50thtaxi.jpg?pictureId=417305&asGalleryImage=true[/IMG][URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&c ad=rja&docid=q0I5CKeWf41LUM&tbnid=VgCVN-KNUJVwLM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffindingmic key.squarespace.com%2Fhidden-mickeys-disneyland%2Fdisneylands-50th-anniversary-golden-hidden-mickeys%2F1258341&ei=KjfTUZ2BJIaAiwL5sIGIBw&psig=A FQjCNE1cENwxxTYtY8COYlzc-T3Qt7VwA&ust=1372882902276425"]http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/picture/50thindian.jpg?pictureId=1258341&asGalleryImage=tr ue"http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&c ad=rja&docid=DzGl6eYviiPH1M&tbnid=vJzM4wlrEgtqHM:& ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffindingmickey.square space.com%2Fhidden-mickeys-disneyland%2Fdisneylands-50th-anniversary-golden-hidden-mickeys%2F417287&ei=UTfTUYPqKMn8iwKmtoHICA&psig=AF QjCNE1cENwxxTYtY8COYlzc-T3Qt7VwA&ust=1372882902276425"][http://findingmickey.squarespace.com...ctureId=417287
    There are so many Hidden Mickeys in the park! People even try to create their own and claim it. Even a guy started a book about them, all of the animatronics know all of them. It is cool to see how many people in the book found these things. Apparently, they are in movies and the other parks! Everyone loves finding simply 3 circles together. All because of Horace and Boney.
    http://cache0.bdcdn.net/assets/image...1887140935.jpg

Horace and Boney are not cold and scared in the Haunted Mansion, they are just searching for more Hidden Mickeys!
    Last edited by Tilly; 07-03-2013 at 10:17 AM.

The Enchanted Tiki Room

In honor of its 50 years of entertainment, the Tiki Room has many special qualities that you should know about. The birds, flowers, and tikis hold a special spot in the hearts of visitors. Walt Disney enjoyed them very much when he was creating the attraction. It’s true, I asked Jose.
    http://entertainmentdesigner.com/wp-...iki-room-1.jpg
    [/URL]

The gods that you see in the Enchanted Tiki Garden have the greatest bond ever. Unfortunately, they cannot get up and walk around like other animatronics, so they have always been in the waiting area. The Tiki Room birds keep them updated on what happened in the park though. They all experience things together such as a little girl dressed as a princess, they all watched her dance around before watching the show. Little things like that is what brings this family together.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3169/2369077169_4ba15b68f0.jpg[/URL]

Jose, Michael, Pierre, and Fritz have different nationalities, yet they love to sing for people like a barber shop quartet. Singing as Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong, and Maurice Chevalier are also their favorites. Together, they entertain us animatronics for many special events. We have to sing their national anthem “Let’s All Sing Like The Birdies Sing” and on the way out sing “Heigh Ho”. Of course, they always bring their back up girls with them: Colette, Susette, Mimi, Gigi, Fifi, and Josephine.

Although, there are some birds in the park not a part of the Tiki Room, but they are connected to it somehow. Rosita is the other girl that Jose mentions in the show “I wonder what happened to Rosita?,” he says. Well, she is Jose’s sister and she went off looking for Juan, their cousin who was the barker bird on the outside of the attraction. Here is a video of Juan: (I also recommend watching the squawkers macaw video after)

The parrot you see in the entrance to Pirates of the Caribbean was supposed to be in the Tiki Room, but he flew away. Singing isn’t his thing, so that’s why his name is Rebel. He likes to be on the adventurous side and he can’t tweet like the Tiki Room birds.

http://media-files.gather.com/images/d723/d605/d745/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg][/URL]

Scully is the parrot next to the “dangling foot” pirate on Pirates of the Caribbean. Although, he is a parrot, he wanted to be a part of the Tiki Room so badly. His owner (the pirate) does not want him over there, because it is not manly. When the pirate is drunk (after the park closes of course) sometimes Scully sneaks over to the Tiki Room to be with friends.
    http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2202/2154829257_b512284c7b_z.jpg[/URL][/SIZE]

The dead parrot that is in the room with the skeleton in bed with the magnifying glass is Scully’s dad Scully Sr. He was able to be a part of the Tiki Room one day, but he was in the back so one could see him. He enjoyed being a part of it and that is why Scully wants to see it someday. Scully Sr. died in his sleep, because he still has his night cap on.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...Ff5-oJ1P6iefEy

The last bird is Bill the hornbill in line for the world famous Jungle Cruise. He is located high up in the rafters above the queue stairway. He wanted to be a part of the Tiki Room too, because he likes watching people from below. The problem was that he looks so different and he is bigger than the other birds, that he would get more attention than Jose. He does visit them quite often though when the park closes. If you hear Bill make a loud call, he is trying to get your attention, because he wants a lot of it just like Jose and his friends.

]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/6817438458_b2fcbce332_z.jpg

Jose and his pals are very famous to the animatronics in the park and the only thing better than that are celebrity couples. The Tiki Room pals and some of the birds I just mentioned are dating lovely cockatoos. Here are the couples:

]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly4vna4qTh1rntya2o1_500.jpghttp://farm3.staticflickr.com/2444/3716857957_ee4476ca44_z.jpg?zz=1[/IMG]

I’m sure Bill will find his someone soon. These couples go on sixtuplet dates sometimes (like a double date, but 6 couples), but only when Scully is able to sneak away from his pirate owner. Most of the time, it is the first four couples I mentioned that go on quadruple dates. When they go out they go to some of the highest points to see the prettiest scenes in the park: Main Street Station, Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, “it’s a small world”, Tarzan’s Treehouse, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Tom Sawyer’s Treehouse, or some nice trees around. These couples like to spend time with each other fly across Disneyland.

The Enchanted Tiki Room is a very special place in the park, because of the magic that is inside. It influences other birds around the park too. The animatronics have loved this tropical family for half a decade. Hopefully, the birds that sing words and the flowers that croon excite millions for years to come.

Last edited by Tilly; 07-10-2013 at 01:05 PM.

• Disney Trivia Queen

Are Rebel and Gigi sad that they don't work in the same attraction so they can't see each other as often?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglehopper View Post
    Are Rebel and Gigi sad that they don't work in the same attraction so they can't see each other as often?
    Well, yes. Same with Scully and Susette too I guess. Rebel and Scully hang out with their ladies when the park closes (when we animatronics come to life). But it makes their relationship better, because they can't wait to see them after hours

I hope you enjoyed my story!

Hide-and-Seek

It's pretty funny, but our favorite game to play is hide-and-seek! All of the animatronics agree with me. No, that is not how the Hatbox Ghost went missing, you'll learn about that in October. Anyway, I want to talk about the time we lost Shrunken Ned when we were playing it one time.

Every month, animatronics in the park hide from the winner of last month's game. It takes a long time if you can imagine. The only rule is to not hide in the same spot twice. You must sign up at City Hall to play, and wait for the game to start in Main Street. If you are found, you are out and must go to Abe's theater. So, last month's winner was Tigger, he went to the top of the stairs at Main Street Station and he counts to 100 facing California Adventure. The game started!
    http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/83/ed/db/tigger-inside-the-winnie.jpg[/URL]

Me and Esmeralda wanted to stay together and Ned wanted to be where the primeval world is. I was sprinting to Tomorrowland Station while holding Ned and Esmeralda was ahead of me. Ezzy hopped the fence and I passed Ned to her. Some other friends of ours were going in there. She told me she hid him in the lush bushes next to the dinosaurs with the long necks.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...6inxo1_500.jpg
    She came back and we ran to Frontierland. We snuck into the indian village and used one of there canoes to get to Tom Sawyer's Island. We snuck into the fake Gullywhumper and stayed inside there and waited.
    http://www.ruama.com/Disney/Disneyland-Sept-2012/i-VFbrXnJ/0/L/DL_2012_09_IMG_4230-L.jpg[/URL]
    After about an hour of being stuck in there, we heard footsteps and saw the door open. Tigger got us Well, we both thought it was a good spot, but not good enough. He said, "Nice try ladies, there was another canoe at the village." Ezzy asked, "Which places have you searched so far?" "I just need Fantasyland, Critter Country, and Toontown left, thanks for playing TTFN Ta Ta For Now!," then he bounced away on his tail to check the rest of the island.
    ]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8472/8085031258_2be1d0d2bb_z.jpg[/URL]
    We canoed back to the camp and left the canoe the way it was when we found it. Then we headed over to Abe's theater, half of it was filled up of disappointed players. Ned is only a small head and we were trying to find him. He wasn't there, yet Tigger already went through Tomorrowland already, he was going to win! The others that were hiding near the dinosaurs were already found and we were so excited, yet we kept it to ourselves.

More people kept showing up with frowns. For me, I'm glad, because I would have to find everyone next month and it would be tiring. Tigger came back and went on stage and said, "The last person I found was Jiminy Cricket in the branches of Chip n Dale's Treehouse. Let me read off the list though and please say here when you hear your name." He said like a billion names, but after mine and Ezzy's he said Ned's. Everyone was looking around and I heard gasps across the room. Tigger said, "Shrunken Ned isn't here, let me continue through the list." When he did, the only other person missing was Honest John. That means Tigger has to find them and whoever is found last is the winner!

Everyone stayed in the theater, but for entertainment "The Singers" got on stage. The tiki room birds, the singing busts, the flowers from Alice in Wonderland, the pirates from POTC, Splash Mountain characters, the small world dolls, Snow White, Wendy, Alice, and Pinocchio sang on stage. They sang "In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room," "Grim Grinning Ghosts," and "Yo Ho! A Pirate's Life For Me!" Everyone joined in, because those are our favorite songs.
    http://davelandweb.com/hauntedmansion/images/cemetery/grimgrinningghosts/DSC_2288_Panorama.jpg][/URL]
    Tigger came back with no one with him, "I cannot find them at all, this is so terrible, does anyone know where they might be?" Ezzy stood up, "Ned should be with the dinosaurs in the bushes somewhere!" He replied, "I already checked, he wasn't there. We can go there if you want and show me where he was." She agreed. I came with her to try and find him.

The three of us walked over to the primeval world and Ezzy pointed out where she placed him. There was a little imprint that he was there, but he was gone. We yelled out his name for a response and it was dead silent, besides the dinosaurs. Ezzy and I looked at each other thinking where could he be. I started to get sad, (animatronics can't cry) because he is an old little guy and it hurts to think something could have happened to him. So we looked around Tomorrowland.

We looked in the bushes across from the Tomorrowland Station, but we could not find him. Went through autopia, looked in the bushes and behind the statue, nothing. Checked around the nemo subs in the plants just in case, looked all over Space Mountain and there was only metal. Went to Star Tours and Astro Blasters, but he is nowhere to be found. Went through all the gift shops, restaurants, and looked at Astro Orbitor, still nothing! Last thing was Innoventions, but he would never go in there. Tigger said, "I searched inside there pretty good." Ned was good friends with Sam the eagle from America Sings and the Watt family from Carousel of Progress, going in there reminds him that they are not. We went inside anyway.

This place is pretty big and it is pretty easy to get lost in here. We called out to him and we all heard a faint voice. It echoed throughout the whole place, but it drew us to the dream home. It was Ned's voice, but we checked everywhere, every drawer and cabinet. We found out that it was near the Xbox 360 area. I opened the trash can near the stage and there was Ned! We cleaned him off, but we were so happy he was alright. Before, he could say anything, we were running to the theater to tell everyone. Ned had a story to tell.
    http://www.sheposts.com/images/2012/06/image10.png

We busted the doors open with Ned in my arms and I held him up. "We could not find Honest John, but it looks like Ned has something to say," Tigger said. Ned started, "Oh, well, thank you for finding me, I thought I would be there before I could get to my booth! Anyway, Esmeralda put me down in the bushes where the dinosaurs were. It was pretty dirty, but it was comfy and I tried to keep quiet of course. All of a sudden Honest John picks me up and said, 'I will win this game, no one this small will win, I will!' He took me away and put me in a trash can inside Innoventions. I guess he knew I didn't like it there. It seems he wasn't really smart, because a trash can is a good hiding place for me. I was in the trash can and Honest John had the lid open to say this to me, 'I hope you leave this place and go to a dumpster, I'll be at well, getting some money.' Then, he slammed the trash lid, laughed, and ran away. That was about 30 minutes before you found me. He is a very mean person!" I said, "I know exactly where he is. Everyone, in Ned's story, Honest John said, 'I'll be at well, getting some money' right? That means he is at Snow White's well, probably stealing all of the coins in it!" Tigger said, "You're right Tilly, everyone let's get him!"

Everyone was angry and ready to fight while leaving the theater. Half of us went straight to the well from the Hub and the other half went through the castle so we can surround him from both sides. He had a heavy sack with him and was about to leave when we arrived. Ned yelled, "Put the money back in the well!" Honest John said, "No!" and was walking the other way towards the castle, but other animatronics stopped him. Tigger said, "We were just playing a fun game and you have to ruin it!" "No, I won just like I wanted, but money makes everything better!," John said. I said, "John, you won, so can you please put the money back, it goes to charities." He put the money back and apologized. Tigger said, "I don't think he should be the winner, because he hurt Ned and was going to steal, Ned you should be the winner." "I don't want to be the winner, because I can't really move around as a head and besides, Honest John really wants this," Ned replied. Tigger announced, "Honest John is the winner of this month's hide-and-seek!" Applause all around. Then, after all of that we went home to our workplaces.
    http://www.orbitalpunk.com/filechute/wishes.jpg][/URL]
    Ezzy and I walked Ned over to Adventureland. Ezzy said, "I'm just glad you're ok." I said, "It would be strange without you around." We put him back in his fortune telling booth and said goonight to him. Then, Ezzy and I walked to Main Street. "What a crazy game of hide-and-seek huh?," Ezzy said. "Yeah, I'll never forget this," I said. "Thanks for finding him," Ezzy said. I said, "Thanks for helping." Ezzy said, "Goodnight Tilly!" and went in her booth at the Penny Arcade. I went home in my cozy booth in front of the Main Street Cinema and waited for Disneyland to open up for the next day and see happy children have fun with my friends.

If anyone has any questions about some of the animatronics and what they do, I would love to answer them! Or I can probably remember a funny thing that happened to them! So please ask!

• Minion

So Tilly, does it get tiring operating the ticket booth all day at the entrance to the Main Street Cinema?

Does Shrunken Ned ever have the desire to have a full body?

Has the Evil Queen ever wrecked havoc in the park during the closing hours?

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    So Tilly, does it get tiring operating the ticket booth all day at the entrance to the Main Street Cinema?

Does Shrunken Ned ever have the desire to have a full body?

Has the Evil Queen ever wrecked havoc in the park during the closing hours?
    -Yes, but it wouldn't be if people actually talk to me and care about me. No one even compliments my outfit

-Not really, because he would not have a crush on Madame Leota

-You will find out in my Halloween stories that I wrote 2 years ago

Thank you frollofan for the questions!

Halloweentime 2011 Part 1

The last cast member left main street. It's about 1:10 in the morning. I blink after staring all day. I unlock the door, step out of the booth and walk over to Esmeralda in the Penny Arcade. I turned around and saw the giant Mickey pumpkin in the center of Town Square. The bunting was so me, calling out its colors of red, orange, and yellow. "Hey Ezzy!" (that's what I call her) "It's a good thing that we are not claustrophobic!," she said. We laughed. She got out and locked the door behind her and we both started walking towards Adventureland. "I like the pumpkins in the windows, it's my favorite holiday! I can't wait to see Ghost Galaxy!," Ezzy said. "So, anything today?," I asked. "7 people came up to me and got a fortune," she said. "What about you?" "No one, again, I don't give fortunes you know that," I said. We said "hi" to Walt as we passed by him with all of the pumpkins surrounding his feet.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA5tLkn5n1Q5f-XM2eiqh7_69j5Uzxk9_QJ10uqpaliBc139RKNQ]
    We pet the orange cat that guards the bridge to Adventureland from the hub. We call him "O'Malley" who loves to go on adventures like the movie. Of course, the tiki torches are lit, because the gods have their own party in the courtyard to the tiki room.
    http://www.adventuresbydaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Walt-Disneys-Enchanted-Tiki-Room-10.jpg
    "Hi party gods!," we yelled out. "Hi Tilly and Ezzy!," they yelled as we walked in. I sat down by Tangaroa and Ezzy sat by Koro. "It's Halloweentime, you guys get to see everything decorated. We don't have anything decorated in Adventureland," Pele said while erupting. "Maybe in the future, but you guys are perfect the way you are, you don't need pumpkins," Ezzy said. Koro was dancing and could not stop! "It's past midnight! I'm love to dance after midnight!," Koro said. We all laughed. Hina Kuluua was sad that they do not change for Halloween, so she cried rain. "It's ok Hina, Ezzy said maybe in the future! She is a fortune-teller you know," I said. "Yeah, but the big word was 'maybe'," Hina said. "Come on you guys, just watch Koro dance some more, it will cheer up our spirits, get it? We're gods, spirits! Nevermind," Tangaroa-Ru said. Koro did lift up our spirits. Ngendei was not balancing the earth, just sitting like a normal person. Maui said, "It's getting late, you guys should go get Ned and have a party like always, we'll be fine. The tiki birds keep us company and perform for us." "Nice to see you again! Tell the birds hi for us! Bye!," we said. "Bye!," the gods said. We walked over to get Ned in the shop. Stuffed animals and rubber snakes everywhere! Indiana Jones hats and whips everywhere! "Hey girls!," Ned said. "Hey Ned! Just hangin' out I see," I said. "Yep, it does not hurt you know. I know I'm hanging from my hair, but it's ok," he said. "So, how many did you get today?," Ezzy asked. "New record! 12 people today! I'm so proud," he said. "Congratulations! We should celebrate! It's halloweentime here in the park now, what do you want to do?," I asked. "How about the Haunted Mansion, I want to tell Leota about it. It's the Nightmare Before Christmas, but she is just an ornament, not much difference," Ned said. "Leota, she does not give one-of-a-kind fortunes to people, she just talks the same thing over. At this time, she has to sing the most annoying christmas song! Actually, about halloween, but you know what I mean," Ezzy said. So, we walked out of the store, walked by Tarzan's Treehouse. "Hi Tarzan!," we all shouted. "Oh ah oh ah ooooohhh ah oh ah oooohhh! Hi guys!," Tarzan said from his tree without seeing him. We past POTC and remembered last time with the gold coins. "That was nice of Jack to give us those coins," Ned said. "I know, such a good man," I said. Ezzy was mad that we were going to see Leota, but we still kept walking. We could see all of the decorations on the mansion. The sleigh, the list, the clock, the pumpkins and candlebras on the balconies, even the pumpkins in the graveyard! The music was still playing, we were excited. We got to the entrance and saw our other friend Jack on the entrance sign with a snowflake spinning.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8441/8017864365_f70b1a50a3_z.jpg][/URL]
    We walked in line and stopped by to see our friend the Pumpkin King in the front yard. "Hey guys!," he said. "Looking like a scarecrow all day really hurts your body," he said. "It's been a whole year already!," Ezzy said. "Yep, what are you doing?," he asked. "Going to see Leota," I said. "Ok, see you guys later!," he said. "Bye!," we said and walked through the door.
    ]http://simplesojourns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Disney-Jack-Skellington.jpg
    As we got to the stretching room, we looked up. You can see Jack if you look very carefully with the dark eyes and mouth. "Hi, Jack!," Ned said. "Oh, darn! You found me! That took you a while!," Jack said. "What?!," Ezzy said. Jack said, "Don't you guys remember? A year ago, we played hide-and-seek! I guess I won." "We completely forgot about that Jack, we're sorry," I said. "It's ok, merry christmas everyone! He he he he he!," Jack said.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgy3soCDy1r7gjxbo1_500.jpg
    We walked through the hallway with the changing pictures. Said "Hi" to Mr. and Mrs. Buster who always keep their eyes on you. "I don't get why we have to stalk everyone!," Mrs. Buster said. We got in a doombuggy and started the Nightmare Before Christmas tour. The guy in the coffin was still weak since 1969, he can't get out of his coffin. The little black and white skunk thing is named Jason. The man-eating wreath was still nice. We call him D-core, I don't know why, he just likes the name. The singing flowers are called Nightsies, not daisies.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2158/2103244545_1123cd1f13.jpg
    The ballroom scene was still a favorite of ours. I had to hold up Ned high, so he can see over the balcony. He said, "There's the hidden mickey in the snow by the door!" The gingerbread house was incredible this year. It opens up its mouth like a monster. Doris is the lady who blows out the candles. She said, "hi! tell madame leota happy halloween for me!" Then, we left the ballroom scene. We saw Leota, Ezzy turned her face, as we got out of the doombuggy from the right side. You have to be quick, there's other doombuggies coming right at you!
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mds4yfYSLJ1qb29uzo1_500.jpg]
    We grabbed Leota and pulled her down from the ceiling. Leota was saying, "The 13 days of halloween," but we had to interrupt her. "Leota!," Ned said as I set him on the table. She said, "Ned, how nice to see you again! Why are you here?" "I got 12 people today! Also, I wanted to see you all festive," he said. I was festive too, and he nor Ezzy said a word. "Aww, you always knew how to be sweet. Well, congratulations! I always get about 500 people everyday, some people ride it twice in a day, or more! I'm glad you broke your record!," she said. "Doris says hi and happy halloween," I said. Ezzy still turned away, watching the cards spin from the ceiling. "Hello Ezzy, nice to see you," Leota said. "Only my friends call me Ezzy, you can call me Esmeralda," she said. Ned said, "Why can't you 2 just get along! Be friends! You are the only gypsies in Disneyland, you have something in common!" "I am a fortune teller, Leota just says the same thing over, calling in the spirits wherever their at! Rhyming day and night, that must be hard work!," Leota said. "Oh, it is. Lucky you, not saying anything everyday. I wish I could at least have a glass of water every hour!" We all laughed. I walked over and told Jason to stop playing the bells on the chair. I also shushed up the nutcracker. "See, you guys are getting along quite fine. You don't have to fight about who's better at what you do, just be happy that you have something in common!," I said. Ned said, "Well, you look lovely floating around as an ornament and when you're not. You will always be an ornament on the Christmas tree in my heart. Wait, I don't have a heart!" We laughed. "Neither do I!," Leota said. "You're always on my mind," Ned and Leota said at same time without even knowing. Me and Ezzy said, "Awwwwww." "Goodbye! I'll see you soon!," Leota said. "Goodbye!," Ned said.

Halloweentime 2011 Part 2

We put Madame Leota back in her floating routine as an ornament and hopped back into a moving doombuggy. The attic scene had presents everywhere! We saw Chad O. the piano player. The snake is so welcoming with the list of kids (that he has scared). The foyer is the best part. Jason was playing with lights. Jack and Zero were so happy to see us. "Happy Holidays my friends! Nice to see you! Zero is too!," he said. Zero barked. We waved and said "Happy Halloween!"
    [URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&c ad=rja&docid=PkC2FkGLRHyMoM&tbnid=tjqxU3eaPkFPsM:& ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjimhillmedia.com%2Fe ditor_in_chief1%2Fb%2Fjim_hill%2Farchive%2F2010%2F 09%2F15%2Fgarner-holt-to-talk-about-the-future-of-aa-figures-at-saturday-s-marvelous-mechanized-magic-kingdom-event.aspx&ei=Ov8pUvfZPMPMiQKbh4CwCw&psig=AFQjCNFM Gs5SkzhD5i2PZ_hK6K50eHbsxA&ust=1378570284731614"]http://jimhillmedia.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/500x0/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-00-00-03/2158.Jack_2D00_Skellington_2D00_1.jpg/URL]
    Ezzy was happy to be friends with Leota. Ned was sad that we had to leave Leota. We saw all of our old friends from the original mansion. They just waved. The band was great with santa hats on. We call them "The Triple G's" for "Grim Grinning Ghosts." We saw the pumpkin busts. "The Booth Buds came and they're not lame, they also always look the same. Happy times with these 3 guys, then we begin to vocalize. Booth Buds and busts come out to socialize!," they sang. "We love it! Bravo!," Ned said. "Good job!," Ezzy said. "Happy Halloween!," I said. "Happy Halloween!," the busts said in harmony.
    http://www.halloweenforum.com/attachments/halloween-props/9838d1271906118-master-singing-busts-thread-2779339065_3f057517fd.jpg
    When Oogie Boogie came to us, we said hello. "How are you guys doing?," he asked. We got out of our doombuggy. "Good, how about you?," Ezzy said. "Man, you guys look exactly the same as every year," Boogie said. I said, "Same with you!" "Want to spin my holiday trick-or-treat wheel?," he asked. We all gave it a go. Ned went first while I held him. We grabbed the candy cane lever with his mouth and i pulled back his head, so that the wheel would spin. It went around and around. He landed on dynamite. "My present is mind-blowing!," he said. I went next and pulled the lever back. I landed on a stocking. Ezzy walked up and put her hand on the lever. She kept still for a while and closed her eyes, took a deep breath and pulled back. The wheel was going, her eyes are still closed. It got slower and landed on a question mark. Ned and I gasped. She opened her eyes, she was shocked. "Oh, the mystery prize!," Boogie said. "What do i get? What does that mean?," Ezzy asked. "The mystery prize is that you get to go through a shortcut to Tom Sawyer's Island!," Boogie exclaimed. We were all excited, because we have never been over there. We don't know how to work the rafts to get there. "Ok, Booth Buds, all you have to do is go down here," then Boogie opened the wheel and it was a huge tunnel that went underground. It was a huge slide with lights of all different colors. "Let your friends go first, I have a present that only you should see," Boogie said.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8184/8103504298_2417197ae8_z.jpg
    So, I went down first. I have never been down a slide. It was like going on a rainbow. At the end, I landed in an underground building. I yelled "Ok Ezzy, bring down Ned!" I heard screaming of an old man so I got ready. He came down fast and I caught him. "Ezzy, come down here!," Ned said. We heard a scream, a loud bang and the lights in the tunnel turned off. Ned and I looked at eachother. "Well, we know what her present is," I said. "How are we going to help Ezzy! How do we get back up there in time for tomorrow?," Ned asked. "Don't worry, we can do this, we just have to stick together and think," I said. I carry Ned upstairs and through a door. It is a door that you see right when you board the island. We go to my left and go on the platform which "Fantasmic" is performed on. We walk across and go down steps. We see a blacksmith's workshop. It is turning the huge wheel outside of the building. We walk out and find picnic tables. I sit down and set Ned on the table. We listen to the music and see the lights of New Orleans Square with all of the animatronics going around us as we are in despair. Then, Tom Morrow points at us and yells, "Look! It's Tilly and Ned! On Tom Sawyer's Island!" Then everyone huddles around the island like they are watching fantasmic. I said, "Oogie Boogie took Ezzy! He trapped us here! Help! Go find Oogie Boogie and stop him!" They run in all directions. Some go in POTC, Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, some go in Adventureland, some go towards the hub, and Fantasyland. I just turned and looked at Ned and we sigh. "I'm so worried, I hope she will be ok." "Let's look for things on the island that we could use," I said. So I picked up Ned and got up and started walking in the same direction. http://movieviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/TomSawyerIsland.jpgWe went up steps and down steps and found shipwrecks. There was a letter on a post that said, "There's gold below if you pump for it." Ned said, "We can bribe him for Ezzy!" Two handles, but only one of us can do it. I pumped hard. Just water came out of these pipes. Nothing happened. There was ball made of skulls and bones, so we walked in it. "I look like them!," Ned said, because the skulls are small like his. We walked around to a shiny thing that looks like the thing you walk through to my movie theater. There was another thing that said, "Ye turns the capstan to hoist the King's treasure from the wreck." I turned it and I could see the treasure on the rope, but it did not come up. It did not work either. We went around from where we were and crossed a barrel bridge that jolted up and down. It was pretty scary for a first-timer. Lucky Ned didn't feel anything. Then, we saw rocks, caves, shipwrecks that you can go into. So, I went in a cave holding Ned. There were long strips of holes like windows almost. It was a very tight area, small to get around. As we got to the top, there were telescopes! Also some voice communicators. I walked across a bridge, Ned said, "Now this is what I call an adventure!" We saw New Orleans Square, animatronics are still looking for Ezzy and Oogie Boogie. We could see the turn on Splash Mountain! Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear were all in a log, they were wet and laughing together. We went back down another cave, still small and tight. We walked into another cave, with a treasure chest! We sat down inside the rocks, we were sweating. "We should bring this to Fortune Red, he's been searching for this for a really long time," I said. "He will give us gold from it if we do," Ned said. I said, "And bribe Oogie Boogie for Ezzy!" We looked at the box, it was locked. "Does he have the key?," I said. "I don't know, but I don't think we, I mean, you can carry this all by yourself," Ned said. We decided to not bring it with us. We would have to bring Fortune Red over here one time. We got out of that cave and kept walking. We saw a huge building, but it was an old building called "Fort Wilderness." http://albums.mouseplanet.com/Contributed/FortWilderness_110407_BillAllen.jpgWe have heard stories about it. We walked up to its front gates. I knocked on it. "Who's there?," a male voice asked. "Um, I'm a self-serviced witch doctor, do you need patronizing?," Ned said. "Shrunken Ned is that you?," the voice said. "Uh, why yes it is," he said. I said, "Can you please open the door, we need help!" "Tilly! It has been so long! How are you guys? It has been so long since I've seen you both! How did you get here?," the voice said. Ned said, "Who are you?" The voice said, "It's me!" as he opened the door a bit. Ned and I gasp.

Halloweentime 2011 Part 3

It was our old friend, the Hatbox Ghost! "Hatty!," we yelled and gave him a hug. "Oh my gosh, I'm so glad to know that someone else is stuck on the island besides me!," he said. "What do you mean stuck?," Ned asked. "Well, I've been here since August 9, 1969, right after being in the Haunted Mansion for a day. The only other time was in 2009, 40 years later," he said.
    ]http://www.doombuggies.com/images/myths_hatbox3.jpg
    "See, you made it off the island, we're not stuck here forever," I said. Hatty looked at me and said, "I was just lucky for about a month, until she sent me back over here." "Who's she? Oogie Boogie sent us here and he took Ezzy!," Ned yelled. "Esmeralda? Wow, so many people to see again," he said. "How did you get stuck here in 1969 though?," I asked. Hatty said, "Come inside, it's a long story." We walked through the doors made of logs and all we could see were tarps over costumes. "Wasn't this a fort for the war of 1812?," Ned said. "Yes, but the termites won that battle. You know the show Fantasmic?," he asked. We nodded. "The performers come in here as a wardrobe area, and a public restroom, but did you know that the monkeys for the jungle scene are also the pirates for the Peter Pan scene?," he said. We could not believe it. "Sit down and I'll tell you the whole thing," Hatty said. We sat down indian style, because there were no chairs. "Well, it was the night of opening day for the Haunted Mansion. Everyone in the park came to life and walked over here to meet us. That's how I met you guys. Of course, we ghosts all knew eachother when we were being built and all. I wasn't supposed to be in the Maunted Mansion, because I wasn't working right wuth the black light. Anyway, I met the Evil Queen, all 3 of them. They were so beautiful with their glaring eyes and the raven on their shoulders.
    http://www.disney-pal.com/Disneyland/images/snow_whites_scary_adventures_queen.jpg
    'Hello ladies, you look lovely this evening,' I said. The first one said, 'My hands hurt by pulling open a curtain all day, would you mind massaging them?' I did so. The second one said, 'I'm so tired from bending over and looking through a yellow window, would you mind massaging my feet?' I did so. The third one said, 'As the reflection, I'm tired of holding my arms up behind the mirror, would you mind massaging my arms?' I did so. I realized that I'm new to the park, they should serve me! 'Wait a minute, I'm the guest, you should massage my hands, feet, and arms, because I have been standing up all day carrying my hatbox and cane! It's the first day and you made me your servant! Start rubbing!,' I yelled. Then, they all looked at eachother and looked at me. They all said together, 'A magic spell in the black of night, with a scream of fright, and a bolt of light, turn my hair to white!' Light flashed and smoke was everywhere. As it drifted away, there were 3 hags in front of me! It was horrifying, I had to look away. 'There are 2 other hags, but they're riding space mountain,' the second hag said. The first hag asked, 'Do you like apples?' I said, 'Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?'
    http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4042/4669727028_9a6d3df2e8_z.jpg
    The first one pulled out an apple pie with a skull on it. 'I like the skull, it goes with the Haunted Mansion opening quite nicely,' I said. 'Yes, we made it for this special occasion. Go on, have a bite,' the third one said. I put down my hatbox and grabbed a slice. They all did a scary grin as I opened my mouth. I ate it. Then I don't remember much after that, but I woke up in this fort I don't know how long after," Hatty said. "Never trust the villains. Now that's Halloween, they trick, not treat," Ned said. "How did you get to the Haunted Mansion in 2009?," I asked. "Well, I did not swim, because you know, all animatronics can't go in water, so I looked around, and found an old keel boat!," he said. "I thought the Gullywhumper tipped over in '97!," I said. Hatty replied, "It did, but it looks like one from the movie, so I took it for a spin." "You're such a rebel! Did you know how to work it before?," Ned asked. "No, I winged it. It was hard though, it took 40 minutes for me to get it working and getting it to the other side," he said. "Wow, you need some practice," I said. "Anyway, I got off at the Mark Twain Station, it was so far away. I parked it there somehow and got off. The indians from the village greeted me, they are not on the island, so they somehow get to Disneyland. Fireworks from the show "Fantasmic!" went off. Everyone came over to see me. Some people were new, the characters on small world, Darla on the subs, Indy, Buzz, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Roger Rabbit, Tarzan, Rex, C3-PO, and R2-D2. Some people never got to meet me, but I got to hear about them such as: America Sings (but most of them are in Splash Mountain), and the ones from Country Bear Jamboree. We had a party in the ballroom of the Haunted Mansion for my return.
    http://www.doombuggies.com/images/secrets_ballroom_press_2.jpg]
    Of course, the villains were not invited. The organ played, while we were talking at the table. Madame Leota was the centerpiece, right in front of me, Ned was set right next to her also with my hatbox head. Esmeralda to my left and Tilly, you were on my right. The ghost host greeted you at the door. The 7 dwarves dance with the small world children, Pinocchio danced with both of the can-can marionettes, and I danced with Snow White. She said, 'I'm so sorry for what my stepmother did to you 40 years ago.' 'It's ok, I hope it never happens again, but at least I am standing inside my home now,' I said. 'This is fun, I'm glad that you came back to me and your friends. The queen used her boat to drag you over to the island. Since you were new, you became the fairest in the land. Everyone wanted to see you. Now she might come for you! All of the humans have been talking to eachother about you leaving. They wanted to see you again, here is their chance! They will make all of the children happy!,' she said. As we were still ballroom dancing, I realized that the humans loved me. I really want to see their faces when they say, 'Who is that, mommy? That wasn't here before? What is the box for? There's 1000 ghosts now!' I want to stay here forever! Then the organ stopped and we stopped dancing. Peter Pan flew around the room saying, 'Listen up everyone!' Then, he stood on the chandelier, where the tiki birds were. 'I want to make a toast to Hatty for coming back to us and for not growing up!,' he said. We all cheered and touched eachothers drinks. 'We would like to sing a song to our little friend,' Jose said. Then they sang, 'In the Haunted, Haunted, Haunted, Haunted Mansion, in the Haunted, Haunted, Haunted, Haunted Mansion, all the ghosts sing a song, even Hatty too, in the Haunted, Haunted, Haunted, Haunted Mansion!' Everyone clapped and cheered, the whole place was so full of joy for my return. I felt so special. When everyone left on a Dumbo, a rocket, a jeep, a teacup, or a horse on the merry-go-round, I was left with my friends at the Mansion. So I just picked up my hatbox, grabbed my cane and got in my position, where my imprint was in the attic. 'Goodnight Constance and Chad!,' I said. Constance said, 'It was, I hope that happens at my 5th wedding!'
    http://vinylmationkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/4608759861_410d756189_z.jpg
    Then we went back to our positions before the cast members came," Hatty said. "How did you get back here then?," Ned asked. "Well, after being in the mansion for about a month, one picture was taken of me. Then, Snow White came to me one night saying, 'Go back to the island, because the queen is coming! I tried to keep her away from her mirror this whole time, but now she asked the mirror as soon as I started moving from the stairs, where I usually am. Please! She will break you apart! I'm so sorry, I'm just trying to protect you like the huntsman did to me. Stay out of sight, but we will all remember you. Go! Hurry!' I felt so sad, because I just met everyone again. I have been here a while and had so much fun! I remembered that the humans loved me and they have tried to find me ever since 1969. It would be funny to disappear and make them go hunting again. So I said, 'Thank you Snow White, the humans will try and look for me after being here for a month, but it will be fun to disappear and trick them. When she comes, just tell her that she will never see me again. Tell her she is beautiful and evil in a special way, but she should not hurt fellow animatronics. Thank you for protecting me.' Then, I ran to the rafts and tried to steer it. The keel boat was back in its original spot by now, so I had to do something. The other raft was in the way, but I hopped onto that one. The one I steered from the mainland dock, was floating on the Rivers of America, while the other one was tied up. I just walked back with my hatbox to Fort Wilderness and sat down and felt safe. I am so happy that Snow White came before the queen did. So, I have made friends with the pirates here. The ones in the cave that protect the gold and the indians that are on this island that you see on the Mark Twain. I go horse-back riding sometimes with the horse by the old burning cabin. By the way, that cabin is my home during 'Fantasmic!'
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Disneyland_Settler's_Cabin.jpg
    I just wish that the queen will go away, all 3 of them. That is how I am here today," Hatty said. "Wow, so the queen is the only reason why you are here?," I asked. "Yep, even though she is pretty, she is evil and she can break me then I'll never work," he said. "So you know how to work the rafts?," Ned said. Hatty replied, "Yes, but it is hard. The queen might see me if I use it. That's not the only way off of this island. Over the years, I have became very fond of this use of transportation. I hope that you guys have ridden a ride without a lapbar or a seatbelt!" "What do you mean?," I asked. He said, "Follow me."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast