Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: After Hours

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Re: After Hours

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading my stories. Sorry for not posting any lately, nothing has been going on until now. We're going to have a prom! It is for the teen animatronics. We need to think of a theme and if you have an idea, please post! Our prom is June 14th, so if you want to visit Disneyland that day, and tell them to have a great time, go ahead!

Also, our wedding is still on its way too! We don't want to take away the attention from prom. Indy is excited, Ezzy and I need to find dresses still, but if you have any advice to any of us, please say so! We need it!

Talk to y'all later!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Prom

It was so great to see the older kids have fun at the dance. Indy, Ezzy, Jack, Ned, Leota, and I were the only chaperones, because we were the only ones that wanted to. Some of the animatronics that knew the kids, wanted to get away from them for the night at a different part of the park. The dance took place in Fantasy Faire, just like when the humans are swing dancing.

It was interesting to see who came together. We don't have very many teens at Disneyland. We have 2 of Wendy (the 3rd had to babysit the three Michaels), Tiger Lily, 3 Johns, 2 Peter Pans, 2 Alices, 3 Brer Rabbits (the others were stuck in their laughing place, honey, or working the train tracks, 2 foxes from Splash Mountain (not Brer Fox), a wolf, a bird, 2 cats and 3 can-can birds in the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah scene.

Here were the couples for the night(the parentheses show where they are located on their ride if there are multiple of them)"their name":

John(in the bedroom)-Alice(in the woods)

John(tied up on the ship)-Alice(at tea party)

John(on the ship)-Tiger Lily

Peter Pan(the fighter)-Wendy(walking the plank)

Peter Pan(on the ship)-Wendy(on the ship)

Brer Rabbit("lookin' for adventure")-Can Can Bird(blue)

Brer Rabbit(laughing at brer bear)-Can Can Bird(green)

Brer Rabbit(relaxing at home)-Can Can Bird(pink)

Fox(on a wagon next to cat)"Fred"-Cat(on a wagon next to fox)"Callie"
    Wolf(on a wagon next to cat)"Will"-Cat(on a wagon next to wolf)"Cassie"

Fox(in a laughing place next to bird)"Frank"-Bird(in a laughing place on mushroom)"Betsy"

As always, there were many Disney songs played. The band was really cool, they were from Splash Mountain, The Swamp Boys!

Everyone seemed to have a fun time. The Johns were all really good dancers! He wore his top hat and borrowed suits from Honest John and his sidekick, Gideon. The third John borrowed a suit from the White Rabbit.

At first, on the other hand, no one seemed that they wanted to dance. The kids just kept lookin' around, blushing. I grabbed Indy's hand and go out in front of the castle and started dancing to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" like a mad woman. The young' uns laughed while Indy played along. I danced like Mary Poppins by grabbing my skirt and stompin' my feet. It was pretty fun. Ezzy and Jack did the same. Ned and Leota just bobbed their heads. Eventually, all of 'em joined in and danced like crazy people.

Once the love songs started, Indy and I were somewhere else, I forgot I was a chaperone. We were both thinking of the wedding coming up soon. The Swamp Boys played "A Whole New World" and the kids were so cute slow dancing together. You could probably imagine.

The Peter that fights Hook and the Wendy that is walking the plank, walked over to Snow White's wishing well and they were talking. I made Ned go by them to eavesdrop, I'm a terrible person.

Wendy: "This whole time, you were fighting Captain Hook to save my life, thank you"
    Peter: "Aww, you're very welcome Wendy. This whole time, I realized that we never grow up and I think doing this will not make that change."
    Wendy: "What is that?"
    Peter: "A kiss"
    They lean in and kiss, Ned had to turn away and leave them alone.

It was a really romantic and fun night. I'm glad that it wasn't JUST watching the kids, because I've seen them grow up my whole life already.
    Last edited by Tilly; 08-10-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-

The Wedding

The day had finally came, July 17, 2014, Disneyland's 59th anniversary. It was also our wedding day.

I wore my white dress

Constance gave Ezzy her dress for her special day.
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    Leota wore a veil from Violet, the second woman in line at the auction.

We were all getting our outfits on in the Main Street Train Station. Then, the musicians were playing "Here Comes The Bride." All of the musically talented animatronics were on the second level of the station.

The Tiki Room Birds
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    The Pirate Trio (from left to right) Andy, Vincent, and Dean

The Phantom Five

The Singing Busts
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    The Opera Singers, Maude and Claude
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    Chad O.

Sam the Organ Player
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    Almost everyone from Splash Mountain
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    Pinocchio

The Seven Dwarves
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    The Flowers

HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    The Small World Dolls

I carried Leota and down the stairs we came. All of the animatronics were lined down Main Street. In my booth, I always saw parades, but people were in the way with their backs to me. Now, to be the main event felt incredible. As we passed by our friends, they silently smiled at us. I'm pretty sure we all wanted to cry if we could.
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    Indy, Jack, and Ned were waiting at the end, looking at us. Ned had a bow tie in his hair, while Jack and Indy had suits from the Haunted Mansion attic. They didn't wear their hats either!

Abe was our reverend, trust me, he wasn't our first choice, but he was the only one who knew what to do. I would have wanted Geppetto. Anyway, it will still be magical.
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    We made it to our men, the music stopped, I placed Leota out of her crystal ball and next to Ned on their bench for the ceremony. Indy and I faced each other just like everyone else and got lost into his eyes.

Abe: "We are all gathered here tonight to join the hands of these three wonderful couples. Indiana Jones, Jack Sparrow, and Nedley Lostmore, do you take Tilly, Esmeralda, and Leota to be your lawfully wedded wives so help you Walt?"

Indy, Jack, and Ned: "We do"

Abe: "Tilly, Esmeralda, and Leota, do you take Indiana Jones, Jack Sparrow, and Ned Lostmore to be your lawfully wedded husbands?"

Ezzy, Leota, and I: "We do"

Abe: "I now pronounce you all husband and wife! You may now kiss the brides!"

We kissed our men and then the band played the chorus to "Kiss The Girl." Indy and I didn't want to stop, but we were in front of everyone, so we had to. Everyone was cheering for all of us. I hugged Indy and then the band started playing, "There's A Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow" from the Carousel of Progress. Our friends were walking up to us to congratulate us and such. But the party was just getting started.

The dance floor was all around the hub and in front of the castle. Ezzy threw her bouquet first, and Kanga caught it! Tinkerbell caught mine, but it was too heavy for her when she was flying. We had three cakes, the one that is next to Constance in the Haunted Mansion, the one that Doris blows out the candles for, and Winnie the Pooh’s cake.
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    Most of the party was the dancing, which was so much fun! The musicians played, “We Belong Together” from Toy Story and that was fun to swing dance with Indy for the first time. The first song we danced to, however, was “So This Is Love” from Cinderella. The same song that we danced to back during Halloweentime 2011 after getting trapped on Tom Sawyer's Island. I looked at him and realized that he is the only one I want to be with. He is so kind, funny, and caring, also very strong.

It seemed like everyone had a great time, I’m so happy for Ezzy and Ned, my two best friends. We all found love and now nothing is super awkward! No third wheeling or fifth wheeling! Woo hoo!
    HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED
    The future, who knows what will come of it, I only know that it should get better from here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234